Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
[tw]1095006002947096576[/tw]

14 Goals in BL:
Left Foot: 6 Goals
Right Foot: 5 Goals
Head: 3 Goals

Porque

Than we shouldn't buy him! Simple as that. We should wait for the right opportunity.

Your probably right. Just that to me there is no one ready to replace Suarez in the market right now (who is available). But if the price is 30-40m I am all for a medium range risk on someone who could be that. Similar to Madrid having a 30 year old Ruud Van Nistlerooy and signing Higuain straight out of Argentina with a 1 goal in every 2 games rate and a medium-range fee at that time. So for me, Jovic really depends on the price.

The counter issue with that is, like mentioned in the previous post, I doubt Valverde will give the opportunities necessary to grow in those attacking positions. He did with Arthur in midfield admittedly, but he never did with Malcom- even if he had a good performance.

Rafael Leao looks really impressive, but he has only just started to be a starter. Again it depends on what Lille ask. If if its 30m then worth putting 5m down for the rest of the season to buy at 30m before X date. But if it is 80m then they are crazy.

Same with Joao Felix, he only began to be starter in the last 6 league games and then we're talking of an 80m fee.

You can't compare them to Mbappe who was starting at Monaco 3 years younger in big money CL games.

Last edited:

FC B

Seems a good prospect and Barca ofc needs such a player to rotate with Suarez and hopefully perform asap.

Jombi

Your probably right. Just that to me there is no one ready to replace Suarez in the market right now (who is available). But if the price is 30-40m I am all for a medium range risk on someone who could be that. Similar to Madrid having a 30 year old Ruud Van Nistlerooy and signing Higuain straight out of Argentina with a 1 goal in every 2 games rate and a medium-range fee at that time. So for me, Jovic really depends on the price.

The counter issue with that is, like mentioned in the previous post, I doubt Valverde will give the opportunities necessary to grow in those attacking positions. He did with Arthur in midfield admittedly, but he never did with Malcom- even if he had a good performance.

Rafael Leao looks really impressive, but he has only just started to be a starter. Again it depends on what Lille ask. If if its 30m then worth putting 5m down for the rest of the season to buy at 30m before X date. But if it is 80m then they are crazy.

Same with Joao Felix, he only began to be starter in the last 6 league games and then we're talking of an 80m fee. But we shouldnt judge players based on whether they are the new Mbappe or the new Xavi or whatever. We need two strikers, thats for sure. The question is who do we buy.

You can't compare them to Mbappe who was starting at Monaco 3 years younger in big money CL games.

Certainly not 3 years younger. Mbappe was 18, Felix and Leao are 19. But comparisons to Mbappe are not constructive. We need two strikers. Who should we buy? Leao looks like a player with an interesting combination of qualities, but I like Jovic's ability to play with both feet.

Last edited:

Porque

Certainly not 3 years younger. Mbappe was 18, Felix and Leao are 19. But comparisons to Mbappe are not constructive. We need two strikers. Who should we buy? Leao looks like a player with an interesting combination of qualities, but I like Jovic's ability to play with both feet.

I stand corrected. Mbappe debut at 16 and made his European breakthrough at the highest level at 18.

These guys are debuting at 18 and making their breakthroughs at 19.

Still a bit of a difference, especially when Leao is called the Portuguese Mbappe.

Jombi

I stand corrected. Mbappe debut at 16 and made his European breakthrough at the highest level at 18.

These guys are debuting at 18 and making their breakthroughs at 19.

Still a bit of a difference, especially when Leao is called the Portuguese Mbappe.

They simply dont deserve to get these comparisons used against them IMO. Leao being called the portuguese Mbappe by Lille is all about Lille knowing he might leave and wanting to jack up the price as much as possible, with Mbappe's 180m price in mind. I dont think its fair towards the player to use it against him.

Riordon

They simply dont deserve to get these comparisons used against them IMO. Leao being called the portuguese Mbappe by Lille is all about Lille knowing he might leave and wanting to jack up the price as much as possible, with Mbappe's 180m price in mind. I dont think its fair towards the player to use it against him.

Jombi what’s your view on Leao and Felix if you have seen them play? Never watched both but Leao looks like an interesting profile.
Felix too but I have doubt about which position he could play here

I agree with you that we could need two forwards if Suárez moves on

Jombi

Jombi what’s your view on Leao and Felix if you have seen them play? Never watched both but Leao looks like an interesting profile.
Felix too but I have doubt about which position he could play here

I agree with you that we could need two forwards if Suárez moves on

I highly doubt Suarez will leave, but in general we need two strikers in our squad.

I have not seen Felix play. I have only seen Leao play once, but I like his combination of strength and pace while also being technically good. But is it enough? If he keeps up the form he has now, what will he cost at the end of the season? I imagine quite a lot. Thats the problem. We basically have to strike early even though its risky. But we have scouts even though it doesnt seem like it at times, so they should be able to make adequate assessments early on. Luckily, Lille doesnt play in Europe, so we wont see him there, and that should keep the price down somewhat. But still too early now IMO.

Last edited:

Porque

It depends if the comparison influences unrealistic asking prices. That is all I am pointing out, that the Mbappes (Neymars, Messi's, Ronaldos) share a general trait over being fast tracked into the first teams quicker than these new flips and what their clubs are projecting to sell them for. So must be approached with caution.

Jombi

It depends if the comparison influences unrealistic asking prices. That is all I am pointing out, that the Mbappes (Neymars, Messi's, Ronaldos) share a general trait over being fast tracked into the first teams quicker than these new flips and what their clubs are projecting to sell them for. So must be approached with caution.

All clubs will try to get as much money as possible for their players and will use previous transfers to argue their case, thats just negotation tactics and shouldnt really be used against the player. Jovic has been called the new Falcao, but it means nothing really. Its just noise.

If Leao keeps up his good form and scores 15 goals in half a season as a starter in his first year at 19 years old, that is very impressive and he might be worth taking a chance on if the fee is acceptable and in the same ballpark as Jovic for example. But its too early to tell.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans