Luka Jović

El Gato

Villarato!
Doesn't really matter TBF. He's not been given a fair shake and nowhere near a rotational treatment of the kind Felix got Atleti despite having a similar quality season in 18/19, despite an alternative that was wank since December and actively cost us points.

JamDav1982

Doesn't really matter TBF. He's not been given a fair shake and nowhere near a rotational treatment of the kind Felix got Atleti despite having a similar quality season in 18/19, despite an alternative that was wank since December and actively cost us points.

Why do you think Zidane wont give him enough of a chance?

mc_lovin

Sheer nepotism. As proven by constant desire to play Benzema ahead of a better performing Morata in 16/17.

I kind of disagree. Benzema is not half the player he once was, but Jovic is not a valid alternative right now (pretty much like our situation with Suarez). I was pretty disappointed with Jovics qualities bar finishing when I watched him (even in his Frankfurt days). He moves like a 2nd striker without any of the playmaking capabilities a player like that should have. He doesnt strike me as a lone striker at all. Hes build like a tank, but cant hold balls or play with his back to goal.

We dodged a bullet.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
As if Benzema is a lone striker :lol: Dude played a false 9 all his life in Madrid under Ronaldo, or at least since the inception of the true 4-3-3 in circa 12/13, and is seen below halfway line more than any striker in any top team in the world. He's also slower, clumsier and has a mental stability of a child resulting in him missing piss easy chances FAR more than he should.

Jović has had under 10 starts for Madrid and most of the time is inserted for less than 15 minutes. The only times he's played with a proper personnel around him he's done quite well.

JamDav1982

As if Benzema is a lone striker :lol: Dude played a false 9 all his life in Madrid under Ronaldo, or at least since the inception of the true 4-3-3 in circa 12/13, and is seen below halfway line more than any striker in any top team in the world. He's also slower, clumsier and has a mental stability of a child resulting in him missing piss easy chances FAR more than he should.

Jović has had under 10 starts for Madrid and most of the time is inserted for less than 15 minutes. The only times he's played with a proper personnel around him he's done quite well.

If Zidane rated him surely would be getting more minutes than that.

Waste of money if bought him never to play.

mc_lovin

I wouldnt call Benzema a false 9, he had to make space for Ronaldo, but his holdup and linkup play has been spectacular. For some reason hes still drifting ridiculously wide (I could understand if he was more in David Villas mold), but other than that hes still very good at everything a #9 should be able to do (bar his very erratic finishing, which has always been his problem).

Jovic on the other hand does nothing well but finishing (and backheels^^). A player like that doesnt have a place in Madrid (or Barcelona for that matter). I wouldnt write him off yet, because its his first season, but he has to step up massively. And I didnt see a glimpse of better things to come yet.

El Gato

Villarato!
About as spectacular as any top striker could do at the bare minimum. Nothing to see here. Same arguments as ever. Same excuses made for a #9 who happens to be crap at the only job a #9 isn't supposed to be.

All Jović needs is time. Time that he isn't getting and unjustly so, because when Benzema doesn't provide, all the supposed decent work he does is useless when he's the main outlet in absence of goalscoring wingers. Nothing explains the lack of support shown for him since Benzema scored vs Valencia in December.

JamDav1982

About as spectacular as any top striker could do at the bare minimum. Nothing to see here. Same arguments as ever. Same excuses made for a #9 who happens to be crap at the only job a #9 isn't supposed to be.

All Jović needs is time. Time that he isn't getting and unjustly so, because when Benzema doesn't provide, all the supposed decent work he does is useless when he's the main outlet in absence of goalscoring wingers. Nothing explains the lack of support shown for him since Benzema scored vs Valencia in December.

Players earn their time.

Fair chance Zidane is unhappy with him if not getting the minutes and not just about an obsession with Benzema.

Home of Barca Fans