Luis Suárez

FC433

I think we should not sign a pure CF regardless of his future because we have Griezmann and Messi. I think we should get a quality LW, two CMs, and a starter (not a sub) CB.

mc_lovin

I think we should not sign a pure CF regardless of his future because we have Griezmann and Messi. I think we should get a quality LW, two CMs, and a starter (not a sub) CB.

You can make the same argument for wide playmakers and wingers. We have Fati, Dembele, Coutinho, Griezmann, Messi and Trincao who can play there and only one real cf (two if you count Braithwaite).

Judging by Suarez latest interview he clearly wants to continue with us, which is fine by me, but we should still get a starting quality CF. Would be great to start the season with 2 quality strikers after ages --> just get Lautaro and be done with it. He could play LW in the mold of Villa as well.

RevoTeller

Prime Suarez (Liverpool, 2014) and prime Eto'o (Barça 2006, Inter 2011) are on the same exact level: both were the best strikers in the world. Enormous skills, high workrate, both capable to play upfront or as second strikers/offesnive wingers.
Both were capable to carry a whole team on their shoulders, of which they were clearly the superstars (Liverpool, Inter).

Suarez has higher numbers with Barça compared to Eto'o because he played alongside Messi for more years in an era when it is much easier to score.
Eto'o's contribution to Barça history is considerably greater than Suarez's, as him and Ronaldinho were the ones who put Barça on top of the football worldmap after decades.
Eto'o simply was fundamental in starting the era of Barça dominance in 2005.

Then, he did the same with Inter.

Skills wise, prime Suarez ~ prime Eto'o, career wise (both for Barça and outside of Barça), Eto'o > Suarez.

As for Ronaldo de Lima and Romario, in terms of skills they were both better than both Eto'o and Suarez.
In terms of pure football abilities, Ronaldo and Romario are two of the 5/6 best strikers ever in the history of football.
Regarding their contribution to Barça, they however sit below both Eto'o and Suarez as they stayed here much less.

- For Barça:

Eto'o > Suarez > Ronaldo ~ Romario

- In terms of football talent:

Ronaldo >= Romario > Eto'o ~ Suarez

- Overal package for Barça:

Eto'o wins.

Last edited:

clemente

There will be so much melting next season, we will most likely have only Dembele as a real winger, who is most likely gonna be injured, Suarez, Griezzman, Messi still in their unfixed positions, still nobody to stretch the wings, but yeah lets buy another striker.

FC433

You can make the same argument for wide playmakers and wingers. We have Fati, Dembele, Coutinho, Griezmann, Messi and Trincao who can play there and only one real cf (two if you count Braithwaite).

Judging by Suarez latest interview he clearly wants to continue with us, which is fine by me, but we should still get a starting quality CF. Would be great to start the season with 2 quality strikers after ages --> just get Lautaro and be done with it. He could play LW in the mold of Villa as well.

The difference with wingers is that not all of them are starters nor do they earn a lot of $$$
Griezmann, Suarez and a CF?

Messigician

Fatty, we would be playing so much better without him.

In all seriousness I rather play 40 year old Suarez than Greaseman at this point

Flavius

This is for all the haters, he may have his lacks, like any other player, but you can replace his 9 ability, his finishing, the way he drags defenders with him making spaces for Messi and others (which i thinks is the biggest problems in our attack right now). So yea, we need Fatty ASAP if we are to win something this season. Many forget he.s one of the best ever 9 in history of the club.

Last edited:

vegitot

Prime Suarez (Liverpool, 2014) and prime Eto'o (Barça 2006, Inter 2011) are on the same exact level: both were the best strikers in the world. Enormous skills, high workrate, both capable to play upfront or as second strikers/offesnive wingers.
Both were capable to carry a whole team on their shoulders, of which they were clearly the superstars (Liverpool, Inter).

Suarez has higher numbers with Barça compared to Eto'o because he played alongside Messi for more years in an era when it is much easier to score.
Eto'o's contribution to Barça history is considerably greater than Suarez's, as him and Ronaldinho were the ones who put Barça on top of the football worldmap after decades.
Eto'o simply was fundamental in starting the era of Barça dominance in 2005.

Then, he did the same with Inter.

Skills wise, prime Suarez ~ prime Eto'o, career wise (both for Barça and outside of Barça), Eto'o > Suarez.

As for Ronaldo de Lima and Romario, in terms of skills they were both better than both Eto'o and Suarez.
In terms of pure football abilities, Ronaldo and Romario are two of the 5/6 best strikers ever in the history of football.
Regarding their contribution to Barça, they however sit below both Eto'o and Suarez as they stayed here much less.

- For Barça:

Eto'o > Suarez > Ronaldo ~ Romario

- In terms of football talent:

Ronaldo >= Romario > Eto'o ~ Suarez

- Overal package for Barça:

Eto'o wins.

Suarez is way above Eto'o. This is not even comparable. His performance with Liverpool and Barcelona from 2014-2017 are better than anything Eto'o ever did. And im not even talking about world cup performance. Eto'o wanst really good for Inter treble winning team in 2010,it was Milito.
I put Suarez above all of them for Barcelona.

raedkuwait

This is for all the haters, he may have his lacks, like any other player, but you can replace his 9 ability, his finishing, the way he drags defenders with him making spaces for Messi and others (which i thinks is the biggest problems in our attack right now). So yea, we need Fatty ASAP if we are to win something this season. Many forget he.s one of the best ever 9 in history of the club.

Yup you are right, when we played them at home we won 4-0 with suarez scoring 3 goals i remember that clearly, he was a monster in that game!!! I recall in that game Madrid outplayed us in all department and we hardly had a scoring chance!?

Andresito

Staff member
Is there any chance he will be ready for CL quarterfinals if we get there?

It seems like his estimated time out was a big guess and a 'worst case scenario'. He himself said that it shouldn't take that long for him to return. If he's back for CL quarters I don't think anybody knows, probably not ready to play 90 in both games but he might take some form of part.

I'm pretty sure he'll return earlier than what was said.

Home of Barca Fans