Luis Suárez

raedkuwait

Look we just need a change, after rome and anfield humilation where barca image was really got fucked up, if it was up to me all the players involved should all be changed cause they are damage goods from inside, and cant be fixed, and clearly suarez is one of them, but u guys have short memory, transition period should happen faster, and we might and will play bad during that period, but u guys want the same guys back and i am seeing that u all asking for him dont mind a repeat of what happend the last 3 or 4 years in CL, will i just cant forget that, he has been really really bad for us the last 2 or 3 years, any change for me is a step forward in the right direction.

Raketa10

Look we just need a change, after rome and anfield humilation where barca image was really got fucked up, if it was up to me all the players involved should all be changed cause they are damage goods from inside, and cant be fixed, and clearly suarez is one of them, but u guys have short memory, transition period should happen faster, and we might and will play bad during that period, but u guys want the same guys back and i am seeing that u all asking for him dont mind a repeat of what happend the last 3 or 4 years in CL, will i just cant forget that, he has been really really bad for us the last 2 or 3 years, any change for me is a step forward in the right direction.

I agree that we need a change and I personally don't want him here next season but currently with our very limited squad it would be nice to heave him back for the reminder of the season. That's all I am saying.

RevoTeller

Suarez is way above Eto'o. This is not even comparable. His performance with Liverpool and Barcelona from 2014-2017 are better than anything Eto'o ever did. And im not even talking about world cup performance. Eto'o wanst really good for Inter treble winning team in 2010,it was Milito.
I put Suarez above all of them for Barcelona.

False.
Eto'o 2006 is better than any version of Suarez seen in Barcelona. Prime Eto'o playing in 2015-2018 Barcelona would have scored as much as Suarez, and for sure would have scored more than him in CL, being a much more decisive player on the big stage.
Eto'o 2011 is nothing less than 2014 Suarez at Liverpool. Best striker seen in Italy since the times of prime Shevchenko, he broke basically every scoring record with the Inter shirt and won 3 major trophies (Supercoppa, Coppa Italia and Fifa World Cup) scoring in each and every final.
Also, 2011 Eto'o scored almost 40 goals by playing second/striker to Milito/Pazzini the whole season.
He had to run his ass off everyday to make things at Inter work and happen, no Messi feeding him every game and no 6-0 games against lol-worthy teams when playing in Inter along with Biabiany.
Take this video:

[youtube]JqF7lbuq1_o[/youtube]

This was the level of intensity that Eto'o displayed the whole season, constantly for almost 60 games at the age of 30. Then add 37 goals, 17 assists and 100+ completed dribbligs.

World Cup?
Funny, I would have liked to see Suarez facing a World Cup playing with Camerun.
Eto'o won the African Cup twice, and he is the greatest scorer ever of the competition.

Wherever prime Eto'o (1998 - 2011) went, his teams won major throphies (Camerun, Mallorca, Barcelona, Inter).
And this was not by luck, by any means.

Last edited:

Andrew M

Suarez is way above Eto'o. This is not even comparable. His performance with Liverpool and Barcelona from 2014-2017 are better than anything Eto'o ever did. And im not even talking about world cup performance. Eto'o wanst really good for Inter treble winning team in 2010,it was Milito.
I put Suarez above all of them for Barcelona.

Completely disagree here. Eto'o was a beast. I take him over Suarez

Vilarrubi

False.
Eto'o 2006 is better than any version of Suarez seen in Barcelona. Prime Eto'o playing in 2015-2018 Barcelona would have scored as much as Suarez, and for sure would have scored more than him in CL, being a much more decisive player on the big stage.
Eto'o 2011 is nothing less than 2014 Suarez at Liverpool. Best striker seen in Italy since the times of prime Shevchenko, he broke basically every scoring record with the Inter shirt and won 3 major trophies (Supercoppa, Coppa Italia and Fifa World Cup) scoring in each and every final.
Also, 2011 Eto'o scored almost 40 goals by playing second/striker to Milito/Pazzini the whole season.
He had to run his ass off everyday to make things at Inter work and happen, no Messi feeding him every game and no 6-0 games against lol-worthy teams when playing in Inter along with Biabiany.
Take this video:

This was the level of intensity that Eto'o displayed the whole season, constantly for almost 60 games at the age of 30. Then add 37 goals, 17 assists and 100+ completed dribbligs.

World Cup?
Funny, I would have liked to see Suarez facing a World Cup playing with Camerun.
Eto'o won the African Cup twice, and he is the greater scorer ever of the competition.

Wherever prime Eto'o (1998 - 2011) went, his teams won major throphies (Camerun, Mallorca, Barcelona, Inter).

Unreal. Seen this vid before, ridiculous stuff from Eto'o. Imagine being a defender playing against that, he's unplayable.

raedkuwait

Eto was a true beast showing his mental strength in all final, and he is way more skilfull with the ball than suarez i have no doubt in my mind if we had eto with messi all those past years we would have won much more trophies, his well power would have scored us goals in those away matches

vegitot

False.
Take this video:

World Cup?
Eto'o won the African Cup twice, and he is the greater scorer ever of the competition.

100+ dribble completed? Where did you get these stats from?
Suarez played for average Liverpool team and he pushed them to a tittle challenger in 2013 2014 season,scored 31 non pen goals in league alone,helped the team scored more than 100 goals,created most chance in the league,made most assits from open play,made most accurate through ball, attempted most dribbles. That was the greatest individual performance in PL history. Only being ruined by his teammates mistake and Man City scored 100 goals that season ( did any team from seriea 2010-2011 or any team that Etoo play against score that much?). Oh yeah Suarez actually played as second striker,behind Sturridge and helped him scored 23 goals.
Now come to Barca, he won the treble in his first season, scored 25 goals and made 21 assits in all comp. Then next season scored 59 goals in all comp. Yeah 59 goals. Message me when Etoo scored 59 goals in one season. Plus 16 assits alone in Liga 2015/2016.
Should i mention his days at Ajax as well?
Before 2010 world cup no one took Uruguay seriously and didnt think they can make it through the group stage but guess what, Suarez and Forlan pushed them to the semi final. Suarez even saved them single handly in quarter final against Ghana (Ghana made it to quarter final,why not Cameroon). Then next year he won Copa America for Uruguay,eliminated Messi (Yeah Messi), was the best player of tournament. The next world cup 2014,with Suarez,Uruguay beat both Italy and England,without him,they lost to Costa Rica and Colombia. Next two Copa America without him Uruguay was nothing. Then 2018 world cup he made it to quarter final,eliminated Ronaldo,only lost to the world champion later.
You just favour the player from the past no mattet what the truth is

FatSuarez

Suarez played for average Liverpool team and he pushed them to a tittle challenger in 2013 2014 season,scored 31 non pen goals in league alone,helped the team scored more than 100 goals,created most chance in the league,made most assits from open play,made most accurate through ball, attempted most dribbles. That was the greatest individual performance in PL history. Only being ruined by his teammates mistake and Man City scored 100 goals that season ( did any team from seriea 2010-2011 or any team that Etoo play against score that much?). Oh yeah Suarez actually played as second striker,behind Sturridge and helped him scored 23 goals.
Now come to Barca, he won the treble in his first season, scored 25 goals and made 21 assits in all comp. Then next season scored 59 goals in all comp. Yeah 59 goals. Message me when Etoo scored 59 goals in one season. Plus 16 assits alone in Liga 2015/2016.
Before 2010 world cup no one took Uruguay seriously and didnt think they can make it through the group stage but guess what, Suarez and Forlan pushed them to the semi final. Suarez even saved them single handly in quarter final against Ghana (Ghana made it to quarter final,why not Cameroon). Then next year he won Copa America for Uruguay,eliminated Messi (Yeah Messi), was the best player of tournament. The next world cup 2014,with Suarez,Uruguay beat both Italy and England,without him,they lost to Costa Rica and Colombia. Next two Copa America without him Uruguay was nothing. Then 2018 world cup he made it to quarter final,eliminated Ronaldo,only lost to the world champion later.
But clearly you didn't watch that 4 minute amazing Eto video where he scores 0 goals and had 0 assists, gets fouled a few times, falls down a few times, gives the ball away a bunch and completes about two or three passes.
I don't think there is a video of Suarez doing these kinds of things on you tube.
Not that he doesn't do them. Just that there are too many golazos to have this kind of skill on the internet for the world to see.

Catta

Suarez is the best 9 in Barcas history. Both Eto'o and Villa played in better Barca teams, and yet their best seasons combined are not better than Suarez one single in terms of stats. If we had Suarez in prime Barca, we would have been 4 times CL winner in row. Sarez from 2013-2016 is GOAT level number 9, if it weren't for the biting incident and Reals lucky win against Atleti in the CL final, he would have deserved the 2014 Ballon dor.

JamDav1982

Suarez is the best 9 in Barcas history. Both Eto'o and Villa played in better Barca teams, and yet their best seasons combined are not better than Suarez one single in terms of stats. If we had Suarez in prime Barca, we would have been 4 times CL winner in row. Sarez from 2013-2016 is GOAT level number 9, if it weren't for the biting incident and Reals lucky win against Atleti in the CL final, he would have deserved the 2014 Ballon dor.

Agree he is a better no.9 than those two but not the assumption Barca win more CLs with him.

Suarez would not have played a no.9 role in that Barca team as Messi was false nine and he is not the type to play a consistent role that likes of Villa did on LW.

Barca could have potentially won more CLs in past few years if Suarez was better in that competition. He has been awful in CL knock out games for too long.

Romario although not there for long was better than all three of them as was Ronaldo.

RevoTeller

Let's put this down in a clear way once and for all, shall we?

1) In my original post on this matter, I said that, to me, prime Eto'o and prime Suarez were exactly on the same level, i.e. both were by far the best strikers in the world at their time. Not just for goals, but because of their overall quality: both were capable to score, dribble, assist, score from free kicks, play in mutliple roles upfront (first striker, support striker, Eto'o played even as a right back for half a season). But, most of all, they were both capable to carry a whole team on their shoulders for an entire season (Inter 2011 for Eto'o, Liverpool 2014 for Suarez).
2) Then, in the same post, I added that Eto'o has had a higher impact in the history of Barcelona compared to Suarez, given that Eto'o was massive in 2005 and 2006 in bringing back a La Liga trophy after multiple years, in winning a CL after 15 years and, in 2009, in winning the first Treble. Eto'o started the era of Barcelona dominance along with Ronaldinho, his impact on this club is not matched by Suarez, who, however, I stated to be the second most impactful striker in the club recent history after Eto'o himself.

3) At this point, you replied stating that Suarez is miles better than Eto'o as a player, which is frankly BS.

You say that I'm the one who prefers past players no matter what?
That's false. I saw both playing at their prime, you on the contrary are the one who just saw Suarez, don't have a clue about who Eto'o was and just look at Wikipedia scoring numbers while completely missing the context behind them.

Suarez carried an average Liverpool team to almost winning the title in 2014? That's absolutely true. In fact, after Suarez left for Barcelona, in 2014-2015 Liverpool just came 6th in Premier League. This shows how great the impact of prime Suarez was, and why he was absolutely the best striker in the World at that time.
That's a fact.

The problem, for you, is that Eto'o did the same exact thing with Inter in 2011.
2011 Inter team was UTTER SHITE. People just look at their 2009/2010 season when they won the Treble and they say: "Well, of course also the 2010/2011 Inter team must have been strong". False, utter BS.
2011 Inter was a horrid team, full of finished primadonna (Cambiasso, Zanetti, Maicon etc..) and utter shite new players (Biabiany, Ranocchia, Kharja etc..).
Well Eto'o, in this condition, stepped up his game immensely and reached again his 2006 peaks in terms of individual brilliance. He literally carried that joke of a team to almost win the Scudetto again (they came 2nd, much like 2014 Suarez's Liverpool), to win Coppa Italia (top scorer), Supercoppa (top scorer), Fifa Club World Cup (best player of the tournament) and to QF of CL (top scorer), after single handedly eliminating Bayern with a historic indivudal performance at the Allianz Arena.

At the end of the 2010/2011 season, Eto'o left Inter and was replaced by Zarate and Forlan. Thus, for the 2011-2012 season Inter had Milito, Zarate, Forlan, Pazzini upfront, and all the other Treble-winning players were still there (Sneijder, Maicon, Lucio, Samuel, Zanetti, Cambiasso, T.Motta). Just Eto'o was missing.
And do you know where the 2011-2012 Inter team placed iself in Serie A? In 6th position (exactly like post-Suarez Liverpool) at a 26 points distance from title-winning Juventus.
To this day, since Eto'o left, Inter never won a single trophy again.

I know very well how strong prime Suarez was. You are the one who should study and document himself on how much of a beast prime Eto'o was and give this Legend of the game the respect he deserves.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans