Luis Suárez

Co0ter

Suarez had a very unique, legendary season the year they lost the title race at the end. He was unplayable. However he was the center of the team, with total control and freedom. When it comes to slapping a number 9 on a team and say hey, you are CF and your job is to score, I would take Eto'o every time. Pace, acceleration, able to shoot with both feet, and absolute workhorse. He was a beast.

Messigician

Are people crazy? Prime Suarez is way better than prime Eto'o.

Suarez had to play with a depleted midfield and defence.

Eto'o had Prime Xavi, Iniesta and Busqiets setting him up plus prime hungry pep.

Give Suarez this and he will destroy Eto'o.

I say this as a huge fan of Eto'o and he is a true Cule but facts are facts.

KingLeo10

Are people crazy? Prime Suarez is way better than prime Eto'o.

Suarez had to play with a depleted midfield and defence.

Eto'o had Prime Xavi, Iniesta and Busqiets setting him up plus prime hungry pep.

Give Suarez this and he will destroy Eto'o.

I say this as a huge fan of Eto'o and he is a true Cule but facts are facts.

Lmao. Where the hell was prime Xavi in 2006?

Stay stupid.

malvolio

Suarez had a very unique, legendary season the year they lost the title race at the end. He was unplayable. However he was the center of the team, with total control and freedom. When it comes to slapping a number 9 on a team and say hey, you are CF and your job is to score, I would take Eto'o every time. Pace, acceleration, able to shoot with both feet, and absolute workhorse. He was a beast.

So did Suarez. And has better stats for assists and goals than Eto'o, at every team he played.
Not taking away anything from Eto'o, but after he went to Inter he was not the same. Scored some goals but mainly in weak leagues. Suarez at 33 is still killing it.

MTL_Barca

Prime Suarez was a beast, too bad we didn't get to see that for too long as he was already 27 (almost 28 when the ban was over) when he joined.

Put me in the Eto'o camp.

I absolutely love Suarez. Statistically speaking, he's a monster, the only player to rival Messi in terms of goals and assists. He'll surpass Kubala for third all time on Barcelona's goal scoring list if he stays with us, a phenomenal and unbelievable achievement for someone who only joined us in 2014-2015.

Eto'o is my favorite player of them all. That's saying something, seeing as I'm literally in love with our club (which is why I loathe the board so much, as Laporta does). The influence and impact he had for us went beyond mere statistics. He was Barca pride and passion personified. Love how he would antagonize the Madridistas :)

gregorrin10

Put me in the Eto'o camp.

I absolutely love Suarez. Statistically speaking, he's a monster, the only player to rival Messi in terms of goals and assists. He'll surpass Kubala for third all time on Barcelona's goal scoring list if he stays with us, a phenomenal and unbelievable achievement for someone who only joined us in 2014-2015.

Eto'o is my favorite player of them all. That's saying something, seeing as I'm literally in love with our club (which is why I loathe the board so much, as Laporta does). The influence and impact he had for us went beyond mere statistics. He was Barca pride and passion personified. Love how he would antagonize the Madridistas :)

Couldn't have said it better. I think performance and numbers wise the numbers speak for themselves in Suarez's favour, but personality wise Eto'o was just heart and soul Cule, while Suarez is actually a son of a bitch, and his attitude, screaming at and discouraging young players, he never ever can match Eto'o's importance to Barca when you put it all together and include everything or should I say anything other than pure numbers when at the club.

Last edited:

Ritchie

It wasnt legendary because he won nothing. One of the reasons for that was his form and goals dried up in the last part of the season. He also missed the first 5 games after biting someone.

Giginho75

Suarez is a fantastic striker, one of the best all time. STOP.
No doubt about it.

I don't know anyone who thinks differently.
Only in this forum I read criticism about him.

Anyway I don't like his stupid protests in every match against referees.

Home of Barca Fans