Luis Suárez

God Serena

Gomes not starting in the Cl doesn't prove anything .I was talking about league campaign . 16 matches is a lot compared to other bench players . Our bench players were Gomes , Dennis , Vidal , Mina ( who was clearly a misfit ) , Vermalean (injury prone ) and Digne . This isn't a bad bench ? Of Course no . But this is as worst as it gets in past 10 years . We never had such a bad bench strength .

Paulinho played for 31 league matches last season and played over 1500 minutes ,that's almost same number of minutes Rakitic and Busquets played . He infact started in all of crucial fixtures in the league . It's not as if Valverde had so much of options in the bench . Paulinho was the most hardworking player among the bench . Fair to him he did a tremendous job , especially in classico having to mark kroos .

When was the last time Barcelona won a league title with a paulinho profile player getting 1500 minutes ? . Valverde was thrown in to a fireball and he did well with fringe players in the bench .

16 matches is less than half of the games in a season. And that includes his numerous 5-10 minute cameos. I can't pull up the exact stats, but I'm pretty sure his total number of starts is well in the single digits.

Our bench was significantly better last season than it has been even in the seasons immediately prior. I remember when our bench was Tello, Song, Montoya, Roberto, Bartra, Adriano, and (For some hilarious reason) Thiago. And it's not like that got better. Under Lucho our bench at one point was Paco, Gomes, Mathieu, Douglas, Adriano, and Roberto...

You can keep talking about Paulinho as some sort of shit tier player (I agree btw) but the fact of the matter is, that's not how Valverde or the footballing world as a whole perceived him. He didn't play because Valverde had no choice, he played because he was one of Valverde's favorite players and when he left it really pissed him off.

RMU ReBorn

16 matches is less than half of the games in a season. And that includes his numerous 5-10 minute cameos. I can't pull up the exact stats, but I'm pretty sure his total number of starts is well in the single digits.

Our bench was significantly better last season than it has been even in the seasons immediately prior. I remember when our bench was Tello, Song, Montoya, Roberto, Bartra, Adriano, and (For some hilarious reason) Thiago. And it's not like that got better. Under Lucho our bench at one point was Paco, Gomes, Mathieu, Douglas, Adriano, and Roberto...

You can keep talking about Paulinho as some sort of shit tier player (I agree btw) but the fact of the matter is, that's not how Valverde or the footballing world as a whole perceived him. He didn't play because Valverde had no choice, he played because he was one of Valverde's favorite players and when he left it really pissed him off.
Gomes played 650+ minutes last season . That's more than most of the bench players we had . I clearly said that he started some games and some as a second half sub.

With Tello , Bartra , Roberto in our bench we still had Xavi , Iniesta , Alves and Mascherano . All proven players . When Lucho had Pedro /Xavi and Rafinha as sub options in the treble season it benefited him a lot and we saw the difference when they left . MSN clearly got exhausted in the next season and couldn't even win the league in his last season .

Valverde pretty much got the same squad with Neymar leaving . That left him with fringe players in the squad . For a player that fits his style when we had to play 442 , Paulinho was the only option available who could provide the muscle in midfield . Iniesta barely plays 90 minutes , Busquets and Rakitic aren't fastest players in the squad . That's when Paulinho's role became crucial . He did that fairly well . Ev used him because he didn't had any other option who fits that profile . No other player would have managed to do what Paulinho did last season ( among our bench players ) .

Again please read what i said and try to understand my point . Barca hasn't won a league title in past decade or so with such players in the bench. Even when we had players like Tello and Bartra ,our first team had lots of experience . It's not the case now . Most of our experienced players have slowed down over the years and isn't in the same physical level like they were in the past . With Iniesta's lack of fitness and the way he gets slowed down in second half , a player of Paulinho profile was much needed . We didn't had an upgrade to Paulinho which made things worse . Ev deserves all the credit for tapping the most out of a player who was a flop in England few years back .

I know you will never credit him and will always bring in hypothetical arguments like Alena and some wonder kids from La masia would have played for 32 league matches with same composure that Paulinho showed . I am not getting in to that argument . I rest my case

Last edited:

RMU ReBorn

No need to leave, you can just stop engaging in the argument.

I saw lot of posters complaining . If that's the popular opinion then i am better of leaving . If anyone posts anything that are against popular opinion they will get slaughtered . Even in this thread everything started when a random member mentioned me and started calling names like 'Valverde fan boy '. Seriously just because he is our manager , i am backing him and defending him as i do have the patience to wait and see what he is trying to implement after first season . For that i am getting targeted . what are these people expecting ? I love this club to the core and will support and defend anyone whom i feel are getting unwanted criticism .

what was the Purpose of mentioning me in this thread ? . And you we're saying that i am making my myself look worst .

Only reason why you are getting such an impression is because my English comprehension and communication skills are not as good as other posters , not because other members who initiates fights and name calling are better posters in terms of quality

Last edited:

Trickykid

I saw lot of posters complaining . If that's the popular opinion then i am better of leaving . If anyone posts anything that are against popular opinion they will get slaughtered . Even in this thread everything started when a random member mentioned me and started calling names like 'Valverde fan boy '. Seriously just because he is our manager , i am backing him and defending him as i do have the patience to wait and see what he is trying to implement after first season . For that i am getting targeted . what are these people expecting ? I love this club to the core and will support and defend anyone whom i feel are getting unwanted criticism .

what was the Purpose of mentioning me in this thread ? . And you we're saying that i am making my myself look worst .

Only reason why you are getting such an impression is because my English comprehension and communication skills are not as good as other posters , not because other members who initiates fights and name calling are better posters in terms of quality

Nah man, no need to go the martyr road.
While I often find myself disagreeing with your rather extreme opinions, if we're to seek some sort of deranged equilibrium here, we most definitely need the polar opposite to the clowns who can't go one or two posts without hurling insults like coward and pussy at EV with annoyingly shrill consistency. They are the true nuisance of the forum, not you.

Us Valverde apologists, as we're so often being labled by the aforementioned clowns, usually don't agree with all EV is doing - I sure as fuck don't, that's for sure - but the point is that not all he touches turns to shit, like the clowns here love to claim. There's just no middle road for them, which in the end is on them and noone else.

I honestly find myself posting less and less because of the overwhelming negativity and shit hurling at EV and a handful of our players. And no, I'm in no way or shape claiming that we shouldn't critizise our players or staff - because fuck knows that they deserve it, some more than others of course, but if people could do it without the perpetual whining in more or less every single fucking post they manage to thump out of their greasy keyboards, this forum would overall be so much more enjoyable to visit.

FCB1987

Banned
I think Pep is better than Valverde but he hasn't really been that great since 2011. Some of his signings and lineups cost us in his final season here while this past season with City is really his only great accomplishment since he left.

I doubt Pep could have done much better than Valverde last season given the players at his disposal.

RMU ReBorn

While I often find myself disagreeing with your rather extreme opinions, if we're to seek some sort of deranged equilibrium here, we most definitely need the polar opposite to the clowns who can't go one or two posts without hurling insults like coward and pussy at EV with annoyingly shrill consistency. They are the true nuisance of the forum, not you.

Us Valverde apologists, as we're so often being labled by the aforementioned clowns, usually don't agree with all EV is doing - I sure as fuck don't, that's for sure - but the point is that not all he touches turns to shit, like the clowns here love to claim. There's just no middle road for them, which in the end is on them and noone else.

I honestly find myself posting less and less because of the overwhelming negativity and shit hurling at EV and a handful of our players. And no, I'm in no way or shape claiming that we shouldn't critizise our players or staff - because fuck knows that they deserve it, some more than others of course, but if people could do it without the perpetual whining in more or less every single fucking post they manage to thump out of their greasy keyboards, this forum would overall be so much more enjoyable to visit.
I do criticise him . I don't like the way he is treating Semedo and deserves major share of blame for Roma debacle along with our players . He is not free from crticism . But the hate he gets despite winning us titles is unreal . There are lot of spoilt members in this forum who thinks that football is played with two sets of joysticks in hand with managerial mode on . These armchair warrior's doesnt know how to criticise managers and players without namecalling and abuses . Whenever i open that thread , number of posts with comments like fraud , coward , shit manager is nauseating . Some people are even devoted in calling him a coward , at least once in a day . If i point out that the next thing that follows will be posts mentioning me as a fan boy /apologist etc . I don't like abusing our players , managers no matter how bad they are ( Abuse and criticism are different ) . Criticism is always fine unless you don't restort to name calling and abuses .

But the popular trend is to abuse and insult anyone who is not La masia-yish /Sexy passers or those managers who don't posess a style similar to Pep . Such trend is sickening . It's better of not to post anything rather than getting stamped as fanboys/apologists, etc . Moment Ev leaves our club i don't give a flying fuck to his post Barca career .

Horatio

You're welcome

Agreed. Overall negativity has also made me take a step back from the forums(also latinas). And yes EV is not perfect but the criticism is getting to disproportionate levels. Man can't do anything right it seems.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

No dude. I don't think you're making yourself good when you get involved in childish arguments like these. Neither side looks good when you're both being childish. All relevant points either one of you had go straight out the window once the insults start.

It's better to just stop and let it go, that's what I was trying to tell you. Don't let them get to you so easily.

BBZ8800

But the popular trend is to abuse and insult anyone who is not La masia-yish /Sexy passers or those managers who don't posess a style similar to Pep . Such trend is sickening . It's better of not to post anything rather than getting stamped as fanboys/apologists, etc . Moment Ev leaves our club i don't give a flying fuck to his post Barca career .

You know that you and I don't agree in some topics.
But, at least you have a unique opinion about every single player.

I am also annoyed lately that there seems to be a majority here, but their posts are like clones.
As if they all have exactly the same opinion about everything.

For example, a huge majority of posters here have exactly the same opinion about all these topics:
1. Pep is the best
2. Frenkie is the next savior
3. We should give more chances to La Masia kids
4. Dembele is the next big thing surely
5. Arthur will be awesome
6. Rakitic is not good enough
7. Semedo is better than Roberto
8. Suarez needs to be benched

For example, some fans really genuinely like these players.
But with other guys, imo, they are just jumping on a hype wagon and accepting the most popular opinions.

I personally love to hear different views.
I don't like when majority has the same opinion.

And then if you say something against currently popular hyped opinion on a forum, you are in troubles.

So, RMU, imo, you should stay.
Otherwise, the forum will be worse.

When the first guy wrote that Messi is slower, he suffered a lot of insults.
But eventually more people started to accept that he is still good, but slower.

Going against the tide is a dirty job.
If they'll kill you, the tide will only grow bigger and bigger 😃

But as KingMessi said, don't go into insults and stupid fights.
Say your opinion in 2-3 posts and move on.
Fights with 10+10 posts from two posters are usually just fighting and going into circles.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans