Luis Suárez

Judoman

If taking a team from 66 points to 100 is no big achievement then what is taking them from 60 to 75 which Klopp did? That's some nice mental gymnastics there

Taking team from 60 points to 75 is no big achievement for the amount Liverpool spent

The money Liverpool is throwing around these days isn't far off from City's spending anyway

Liverpool haven't played this well in years but City are playing their best ever football

So Klopp can't win trophies with the best trio in Europe? What does that say about him as a manager?

What did Liverpool achieve by knocking out city in CL? Getting smashed by Madrid.

You are displaying some mental gymnastic as well. You are ignoring Pep s first season in City which was, let s say "nothing special". At the same time you are hating on Valverde, who was thrown in to a cluster fuck of a team last year and stil managed to win 2 trophies. Something that Guardiola didn t managed in his first season in Manchester.

So....double standards all around.

RMU ReBorn

You are displaying some mental gymnastic as well. You are ignoring Pep s first season in City which was, let s say "nothing special". At the same time you are hating on Valverde, who was thrown in to a cluster fuck of a team last year and stil managed to win 2 trophies. Something that Guardiola didn t managed in his first season in Manchester.

Valverde did it with Andres Gomes & Paulinho in the starting eleven . That tells a lot and went on unbeaten for 37 matches in the league .

Cule4life

The Culest

Ofc i'm exaggerating. To make a fool understand you have to speak his language.

Pep isn't some faultless God. But the way some people downplay him to suit their agendas is beyond stupid.

Judoman

Personally i like both Klopp and Pep. Their teams play great football and i would love to see Klopp in Barca some day.
Pep won more trophies, but he also managed teams with more resources. Barca/Bayern/City >> Dortmund/Lpool.

I don t understand the hate on Valverde. I don t think anyone expected for us to win CL last year. At the end of last years summer, i doubt many people thought we were going to win
La liga. His main season is this one, so i think he deserves some benefit of a doubt and support.

Last edited:

clemente

Personally i like both Klopp and Pep. Their teams play great football and i would love to see Klopp in Barca some day.
Pep won more trophies, but he also managed teams with more resources. Barca/Bayern/City >> Dortmund/Lpool.

I don t understand the hate on Valverde. I don t think anyone expected for us to win CL last year. At the end of last years summer, i doubt many people thought we were going to win
La liga. His main season is this one, so i think he deserves some benefit of a doubt and support.

Because if you don't just look at the results and you actually follow barca game by game and see how we achieveed those results, you see what is the problem with EV.

God Serena

Valverde did it with Andres Gomes & Paulinho in the starting eleven . That tells a lot and went on unbeaten for 37 matches in the league .

Paulinho and Gomes being in Valverde's starting XI is the biggest joke I've ever heard, good god the level of delusion you have to have to think Valverde went unbeaten for 37 games with fucking Gomes of all people starting is on another level. :lol:

Judoman

Because if you don't just look at the results and you actually follow barca game by game and see how we achieveed those results, you see what is the problem with EV.

Who would have done better with last years team? Seriously....who?
Would you prefer nicer looking game play vs. 2 trophies?

I wouldn t.

Artistic impression is nice, but at the end coaches get laid off if there are no results. Specially in clubs like Barca.

RMU ReBorn

Paulinho and Gomes being in Valverde's starting XI is the biggest joke I've ever heard, good god the level of delusion you have to have to think Valverde went unbeaten for 37 games with fucking Gomes of all people starting is on another level. :lol:

Did i said both were in starting 11? . What i meant was , we went unbeaten with these players in the Starting 11 . Paulinho was in the starting eleven against some of the toughest oppositions last season including Real and Chelsea . Gomes started against Real betis and got minutes against ATM in title decider as well . There is nothing delusional about that unless you were following a different team .

what i meant :- Valverde lead us to league title, unbeaten for 37 league matches with our worst bench squad of past decade or so . Paulinho was one of the regular starters under Ev and Gomes was used regularly as a starter as well as second half sub ( This includes crucial fixtures like the one Vs Atleti ) . Hell he even had to bring in Aleix Vidal in classico who was our worst player in Super copa few months back

Last edited:

God Serena

Did i said both were in starting 11? . What i meant was , we went unbeaten with these players in the Starting 11 . Paulinho was in the starting eleven against some of the toughest oppositions last season including Real and Chelsea .

Starting some important games =/= being in the starting XI, at least as far as the season is concerned. By that logic *everyone* was in the starting XI including Semedo and Dembele who hardly ever played for him last season, which is just ludicrous to say.

Gomes started against Real betis and got minutes against ATM in title decider as well . There is nothing delusional about that unless you were following a different team.

Seriously? He started against... Betis? :lol: My point is the same as above but you're seriously talking up how Valverde did so well with Gomes as part of his starting XI by using him starting against Real Betis of all teams? And that's the only start you're going to mention? Are you intentionally trying to make it impossible to take you seriously, or are you trolling?

what i meant :- Valverde lead us to league title, unbeaten for 37 league matches with our worst bench squad of past decade or so . Paulinho was one of the regular starters under Ev and Gomes was used regularly as a starter as well as second half sub ( This includes crucial fixtures like the one Vs Atleti ) . Hell he even had to bring in Aleix Vidal in classico who was our worst player in Super copa few months back

We did not have that bad a bench. He didn't "Have" to bring Vidal on in the Clasico, he did because he was stuck on the idea that Vidal could play as a winger for us and for most of last season he refused to acknowledge Aleix as the shit tier player he really is. The same goes for Paulinho, who he loved so much he demanded a like for like replacement in Vidal. You don't get to use those players being here as an excuse when they were players he himself chose to utilize over better options.

And Gomes was not a "Regular starter" under Valverde. He only had 16 league appearances and most were as a sub in the later stages of a game. He didn't start at all in the CL (At least for any games that mattered, because we have to give La Masia the finger after all) and all his crying to the media did was grant him the opportunity to make an F-tier cameo in our Roma disaster.

Last edited:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Don't compare him to Jamdav. Jamdav is a great poster, one of the best on barcaforum.

Not true at all. :coffee:

On a serious note I never liked his style and his is far from being a great poster let alone one of the best. Its him mostly polluting most threads with pointless "arguing".

RMU ReBorn

Starting some important games =/= being in the starting XI, at least as far as the season is concerned. By that logic *everyone* was in the starting XI including Semedo and Dembele who hardly ever played for him last season, which is just ludicrous to say.

Seriously? He started against... Betis? :lol: My point is the same as above but you're seriously talking up how Valverde did so well with Gomes as part of his starting XI by using him starting against Real Betis of all teams? And that's the only start you're going to mention? Are you intentionally trying to make it impossible to take you seriously, or are you trolling?

We did not have that bad a bench. He didn't "Have" to bring Vidal on in the Clasico, he did because he was stuck on the idea that Vidal could play as a winger for us and for most of last season he refused to acknowledge Aleix as the shit tier player he really is. The same goes for Paulinho, who he loved so much he demanded a like for like replacement in Vidal. You don't get to use those players being here as an excuse when they were players he himself chose to utilize over better options.

And Gomes was not a "Regular starter" under Valverde. He only had 16 league appearances and most were as a sub in the later stages of a game. He didn't start at all in the CL (At least for any games that mattered, because we have to give La Masia the finger after all) and all his crying to the media did was grant him the opportunity to make a F-tier cameo in our Roma disaster.
Gomes not starting in the Cl doesn't prove anything .I was talking about league campaign . 16 matches is a lot compared to other bench players . Our bench players were Gomes , Dennis , Vidal , Mina ( who was clearly a misfit ) , Vermalean (injury prone ) and Digne . This isn't a bad bench ? Of Course no . But this is as worst as it gets in past 10 years . We never had such a bad bench strength .

Paulinho played for 31 league matches last season and played over 1500 minutes ,that's almost same number of minutes Rakitic and Busquets played . He infact started in all of crucial fixtures in the league . It's not as if Valverde had so much of options in the bench . Paulinho was the most hardworking player among the bench . Fair to him he did a tremendous job , especially in classico having to mark kroos .

When was the last time Barcelona won a league title with a paulinho profile player getting 1500 minutes ? . Valverde was thrown in to a fireball and he did well with fringe players in the bench .

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans