Luis Suárez

PhilS

He has missed a ridiculous amount of chances this season but Ronaldo is on similar attempts to Messi not shooting more than whole Barca side.

Interesting. CR7 has played fewer games in Liga this year than Messi. In basketball, we call a volume shooter like CR7 a gunner. A gunner with no conscience.

Suarez was ice cold for quite a stretch earlier this season. Those days are over, Luisito is back.

JamDav1982

Interesting. CR7 has played fewer games in Liga this year than Messi. In basketball, we call a volume shooter like CR7 a gunner. A gunner with no conscience.

Suarez was ice cold for quite a stretch earlier this season. Those days are over, Luisito is back.

Attempts per game there is not much difference.

No idea what the total shots are.

denn

Griezman is a ideal striker, because his price is "just" 100M. You can't find another WC striker for that price in today's market. That's one point. Second is, Griezman is 27 and in his prime, and we all can see that Suarez is going down as a player. 2-3 years ago he was goalscoring machine plus he had great first touch and he was great at passing. Now, all of that is slowly getting worse and next season he'll not be a better player for sure. That's why we should consider Griezman.

RMU ReBorn

Griezman is a ideal striker, because his price is "just" 100M. You can't find another WC striker for that price in today's market. That's one point. Second is, Griezman is 27 and in his prime, and we all can see that Suarez is going down as a player. 2-3 years ago he was goalscoring machine plus he had great first touch and he was great at passing. Now, all of that is slowly getting worse and next season he'll not be a better player for sure. That's why we should consider Griezman.
we need an ideal Number 9 . Like Suarez /Eto /Toress (in his prime ) . Griezmann isn't an ideal number nine who has that hunger to score goals at any cost . Messi's goal scoring output will go down with each season. If we buy Griezmann , what will happen is we will loose a target man like Suarez who would find the net like his life depends on that . Griezmann isn't such a player .

Zincubus

Banned
It's amazing how Suarez's game has changed from when he played for Liverpool ...

He scored all those of goals , even created his own chances from nothing , scoring wonder goals from 35 yards etc ...

denn

we need an ideal Number 9 . Like Suarez /Eto /Toress (in his prime ) . Griezmann isn't an ideal number nine who has that hunger to score goals at any cost . Messi's goal scoring output will go down with each season. If we buy Griezmann , what will happen is we will loose a target man like Suarez who would find the net like his life depends on that . Griezmann isn't such a player .

Do you see any option on the market?

Givenchy

It's amazing how Suarez's game has changed from when he played for Liverpool ...

He scored all those of goals , even created his own chances from nothing , scoring wonder goals from 35 yards etc ...

honestly since his move to Barca we never saw the player he was at Liverpool. maybe because he had less of a prominent role with Messi and Neymar, don't get me wrong though hes still been the best striker in the world

MaroonFox4

I'm kind of shocked at some of the people questioning him still. Of course he'd rip La Liga apart at Atletico Madrid. Guys, this guy is a 1 in 50 years type of player. Barça fans worldwide adore him because:

- he offers a personality trait that had been desperately missing from Barcelona for years. When things aren't going right, and the team starts dropping their heads, he's basically the only one who drags the rest up from the ground to win games.
- He's smart because he knows how to hide his aggressions from refs and make it seem like "part of the play" (IE: when he fell on Casemiro in the last clasico, which pissed off the entire Madrid team). 0 career red cards from aggression makes this an undeniable fact.

lastly....Not 1 striker from the ones people mention here (or hell, from the last 30 years) would have the balls to do what Suarez did vs. England in the last World Cup. Because he's really special. Barça knew this, and it was the pivotal moment in buying him.

denn

I'm kind of shocked at some of the people questioning him still. Of course he'd rip La Liga apart at Atletico Madrid. Guys, this guy is a 1 in 50 years type of player. Barça fans worldwide adore him because:

- he offers a personality trait that had been desperately missing from Barcelona for years. When things aren't going right, and the team starts dropping their heads, he's basically the only one who drags the rest up from the ground to win games.
- He's smart because he knows how to hide his aggressions from refs and make it seem like "part of the play" (IE: when he fell on Casemiro in the last clasico, which pissed off the entire Madrid team). 0 career red cards from aggression makes this an undeniable fact.

lastly....Not 1 striker from the ones people mention here (or hell, from the last 30 years) would have the balls to do what Suarez did vs. England in the last World Cup. Because he's really special. Barça knew this, and it was the pivotal moment in buying him.

I would say Eto'o, Henry, Villa were pretty god. Suarez is better, but Barcelona didn't need that kind of a personality. And I still can't believe you think Suarez is smart, that's just not right. If the ref is stupid, that doesn't mean Suarez is smart ffs. He almost ruined his career, he was lucky that Barcelona still wanted him after incidents he went through.

He is great player, and he was great for as for years. But he's not in his prime anymore and his game will just go down year by year. Barcelona needs the best. Don't have time for emotions.

Galaxyman

I would say Eto'o, Henry, Villa were pretty god. Suarez is better, but Barcelona didn't need that kind of a personality. And I still can't believe you think Suarez is smart, that's just not right. If the ref is stupid, that doesn't mean Suarez is smart ffs. He almost ruined his career, he was lucky that Barcelona still wanted him after incidents he went through.

He is great player, and he was great for as for years. But he's not in his prime anymore and his game will just go down year by year. Barcelona needs the best. Don't have time for emotions.

That's cool man. I think the reason for varying preferences inside and outside of this forum might be cultural. In Spain, Italy and South america, Suarez is actually seen as smart. His aggressions seem to be flowing with the momentum of the play. He can hide it well. But the English, have a different view. Any aggression is "fightin' words" and he's "cheat". It's an unwanted trait. However, basically any Argentinian, Brazilian, Uruguayan, Spaniard, Italian will tell you that the Gattuso types are the ones that are key in winning you that psychological battle (enough to win a World Cup). They love those players.

If I'm not mistaken, I'd say 95% of people on this forum are either from the UK-North America, or from cultures who share this particular point of view. Suarez is rare because you don't ever really see strikers, who can have that "Gattuso edge". He's a scorer, an assister, a leader and will fight tooth and nail for his teammates. This is why he's an all-time legend (top tier) in South america. He's like the perfect player in their eyes. (Argentinian media thinks he's a God for the reasons I mentioned. And you never see them go ape over a foreigner).

Last edited:

behindbrowneyes

Suárez at times looks like an elephant in a porcelain shop. Still, playing #9/LS vs a well prepared Valencia side is one hell of a job. Can just imagine one striker doing better in linkup play in our set-up without scoring less: Lewandowski.

Suárez runs, presses and is a pain in the ass for every CB out there. I really rate Griezmann, he will be fine with one-two passes and overall better in linkup-play. However, I don't think he would do as good as Suárez does when it comes to scoring important goals. Luis is a game changer, even with losing many balls due to average technical ability.

Home of Barca Fans