Luis Suárez

Potroh

You were attacking other users and started personal stuff. When I call you on it you try to make yourself look like a victim just because I told you I won't allow you calling other people blind just because they don't agree with you.
Now think about that for a second.

Well, you see just before I truly make up my elderly mind of leaving for good, let's pour a drop of clear water into this ever amorphous liquid.
- It's true I repeatedly mentioned a hypothetical "blindness state" regarding certain elements of the game or individual players, but it can hardly be a personal attack on anyone, namely that I have no connection to anyone in this forum, I'm relatively new here and hence the "blindness" hadn't been personal, rather it is a fairly common figure of speech.
- Something becomes personal if you take it personally, which had never been my intention. I'm just often amazed how biassed some fans can be but that's all right.
- If you knew as many players on the international level as I did (perhaps you do, I wouldn't know that) you would be surprised how bloody selfish these players are in their private sphere. They rarely care for clubs, often they don't give a shit for their international teams and anthems, they are young, rich, uneducated, often spoiled and as a matter of fact they often contemn the crowd of fans too.
When you live a relatively long time under these circumstances, you involuntarily become less biassed, a bit more objective or bipartisan toward the game, clubs and players. I personally cannot change this, it's part of me due to my past, so it's almost natural that I see the game a bit differently compared to the real fans, who solely care for points and trophies but are rarely able to enjoy the playful and aesthetic part of this great game.
That being my primary input and point of view, it is natural that I would disagree with the real fans, almost continuously and it becomes quite understandable how differently we look at a particular game or the game as an entity. That's why I tend to just agaze upon the fans who often seem to understand little to nothing about the internals of the game itself. Yes I call this phenomenon as being blind, but without the personal aspect and without the aim to be personal on any level.
- Yourself as the Atlas here (carrying the weight of the forum on your shoulders) should understand this and should be able to distinguish between the real attacks and my big-eyed astonishment, even if possibly some short sentences can be indeed misleading.
- Following your advise I thought about it, even more than a second as you can see, but as a consequence I still don't feel the real base of being schooled, disciplined or enregimented.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
See you realize you are not really a Barca fan and thus should understand the differences between yourself and Barca fans on Barca forum who are, yes, even biased. As they are supposed to be in here particularly when they have every reason to be angry with their team.

And no, you don't hold the mandate on truth so lashing out at people who are upset after their club failed is not the way to go.
Particularly when you yourself act emotional.

If you felt threatened then I am sorry, I didn't mean it that way but calling people blind because they don't agree with you is wrong.

Potroh

See you realize you are not really a Barca fan and thus should understand the differences between yourself and Barca fans on Barca forum who are, yes, even biased. As they are supposed to be in here particularly when they have every reason to be angry with their team.

If you felt threatened then I am sorry, I didn't mean it that way but calling people blind because they don't agree with you is wrong.

I feel to be a Barca fan (that's why I joined the forum) but I'm definitely not a fanatic.

You see, many years ago when I was a footballer the distinction was similar. There were the hardcore fans who only cared about winning and trophies but at the same time there were a lot of people who bought tickets (and were often standing there in horrible rain or other circumstances) just to see nice football. The difference is that obviously nowadays significantly less folks go to see a game (or watch it) just for the sake of nice and pleasurable football.

In my time the "friendlies" were much more common both on the club and international level, actually those friendlies were almost as important as championships. Like we had the annual friendly game against Austria (venue rotating between Vienna and Budapest) and those games were as prestigious as other "important" games, or even more important sometimes. Though that area is gone but there are still humans watching the game with the pure will to enjoy its aesthetics and I strongly feel they see more of the game itself.

Despite all these, a fan can or could be a fan even if he/she is not an over-biassed hardcorer (shouting nonexistent emotional words towards the opponent and the referee), so pardon me for saying that, but I'm a Barca fan, even if those quality factors interest me more then the mere result.
If I weren't a slightly biassed Barca rooter, I wouldn't have come here and wouldn't be interested in what you folks have to say. Obviously I don't always absorb things right so I've also learnt a lot from some deep and analytic forum messages here.

When I was a player, I was often criticized by the managements and fans for not being aggressive enough. I think I did tactical-fouls three times in my carrier, and felt ashamed after each one...
So I wasn't an aggressive player and try to be the same without the stadiums and the crowd.

Thus no apology is needed if you try to understand my motivation.

Last edited:

Neymessi

^ You don't need a stamp of approval from anyone here to be termed as a fan. Your credentials seem fine enough for me and what matters is what you think of yourself.

Potroh

You don't need a stamp of approval from anyone here to be termed as a fan.

I also thought so but it seems if some folks are polite and don't wanna write down that I am a bunch of lukewarm snot on a used handkerchief, they rather question my "status" of being a fan, which is understandable because what a heck am I doing here if I don't suddenly start crying when a Barca-C player is as good as only scoring one own goal in a game - instead of three...:worthy:

MIXA

Enrique to Suarez: Luis, Messi no longer wants to play on the right. Can you play on the right instead?
Suarez: Sure, no problem boss.
Enrique: Can you also play like how Messi plays on the right?
Suarez: Hold my beer

F

FlaFCB

It's impressive how he can be so good like that, and so bad in other games. No middle ground :lol:

dakt

It's impressive how he can be so good like that, and so bad in other games. No middle ground :lol:

This is exactly why I shout my mouth and I don't dare to criticize him. At times he sucks and looks like an amateur, but then he explodes and all is well.

Great goal!

Home of Barca Fans