Luis Suárez

F

FlaFCB

His job is to score goals and he delivers. He also presses a lot and never gives up. Always puts the team first.
Suarez is least of our problems here.

Not when he's killing many of the team plays. He's not playing well, and it's also a problem.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Nah that would be Neymar who is always top of the list in killing our plays and losing balls.

Suarez ball control isn't his main strength. Never was.

F

FlaFCB

Nah that would be Neymar who is always top of the list in killing our plays and losing balls.

Suarez ball control isn't his main strength. Never was.

You can't possibly crucify Neymar for that, and yet give Suarez a free pass. Suarez today was completely useless all game long. Every time he touched the ball, it went back to Betis. His 1st touch wasn't the problem, it was his passing and decision making. He used to be good at that too. His only right was the goal. But the goal came from Neymar pressing a betis defender at the 90th minute. Another player would be hailed by that, not Neymar though. He only has negatives, while Suarez gets a free pass at being bad.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It's not a free pass. Suarez was never as bad as Neymar to begin with.
And while Suarez wastes he is still far behind Neymar in killing Barca plays.

F

FlaFCB

Players can be criticized as individuals. It doesn't really matter if Neymar is worse or not. Suarez was awful today, and it was not the first time.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Sure. Only many people don't agree that Suarez has been "awful" and you can't put both Suarez and Neymar in the same category when Suarez was probably 3rd best player in the world in last year.

Potroh

Wise. If you were the coach you'd become famous for dismantling your own team.
Play a mind-game: Ask Neymar to exchange places with Suarez. What will be the result?
Neymar would probably score as much as Suarez does and Suarez would handle 1 ball out of 5 in the left. Oh and there will be nobody to serve Messi when needed from the left.

But... you probably didn't watch Neymar's game again, so just you stubbornly stick to the most emotional and simplistic ideas like "killing Barca plays". I wish you'd be as critical as now when Barca finishes the 7th place in Liga with Arda on the left and a Munir-like beggarly somewhere else...

F

FlaFCB

Sure. Only many people don't agree that Suarez has been "awful" and you can't put both Suarez and Neymar in the same category when Suarez was probably 3rd best player in the world in last year.

I have no idea what "category" you're talking about, as I was talking about Suarez alone, and I wasn't comparing him to anyone but himself. Suarez is now half the player he was until the end of last season. I can't believe you think he's been as good as he can be, this season. He's another player who's likely suffering a lot from the lack of tactics and general confusion, but he has not been good.

Neymar's form should be discussed on his thread, not here.

Potroh

Suarez was great. But would never had been among the best 5 without Neymar...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Wise. If you were the coach you'd become famous for dismantling your own team.
Play a mind-game: Ask Neymar to exchange places with Suarez. What will be the result?
Neymar would probably score as much as Suarez does and Suarez would handle 1 ball out of 5 in the left. Oh and there will be nobody to serve Messi when needed from the left.

But... you probably didn't watch Neymar's game again, so just you stubbornly stick to the most emotional and simplistic ideas like "killing Barca plays". I wish you'd be as critical as now when Barca finishes the 7th place in Liga with Arda on the left and a Munir-like beggarly somewhere else...

:facepalm:

See, we had a has-been Turan playing in Ney position and doing well.
But yeah, maybe put Messi in Pique's place and tell me what your crystal ball sees.

Only one emotional here is you as you decided to call people who dont agree with you blind and thus resorted to personal stuff which was rude. Happens often with people who can't handle being reasonable.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He's been far from the level he showed last season, but the thing going for him is that he is scoring.

If you look at how he's playing this season, he is mostly adding nothing to our game. He's losing possession all the time, trying dumb dummies, struggling to beat the offside trap, and have such a poor first touch at times it ruins a potentially great chance. And look at what he did today when Betis scored. Left his position at the post with two Betis players all alone there with all the time in the World to make a play.

He's basically doing a Cristiano Ronaldo right now. He's scoring and that's it. And I know this is going to trigger a lot of people, but that's how I see it.

The only player this season who has contributed well, been consistent and great is Messi. Every single, other player hs either been inconsistent or just not good enough. Why everyone's not playing to their potential cannot just be on them. Fitness-wise they're great, but tactically they all seem confused.

Reason Messi is doing so great and none else is because Messi transcendence everything and everyone. Even bad tactics won't stop him since he's the GOAT. Everyone else are obviously struggling.

You can be absolutely World Class, but if you're confused about what your role on the field is, or if you're not getting the help/service needed, it will obviously take a hit on your confidence and overall play, so I'm not blaming Suarez for everything, but the fact is, he's not been near what he displayed last season where he not only contributed with goals, but also with great overall play.

Last edited:

Potroh

Only one emotional here is you as you decided to call people who dont agree with you blind and thus resorted to personal stuff which was rude. Happens often with people who can't handle being reasonable.

The reasonable ones are those who believe their eyes and pragmatically see a game or player, as it is, and not those who simply see what they want to see...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, people not agreeing with you are emotional and blind. Take us once more down that road.

Or better not. I allowed you once to do that.

Potroh

Yeah, people not agreeing with you are emotional and blind. Take us once more down that road.
Or better not. I allowed you once to do that.

All right, if at least some objectivity towards undeniable qualities of players do not matter here but you rather use your "authority" to brand, condemn or burn some users here, then it is the right time to say goodbye to this forum.
So long folks it was a privilege...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
All right, if at least some objectivity towards undeniable qualities of players do not matter here but you rather use your "authority" to brand, condemn or burn some users here, then it is the right time to say goodbye to this forum.
So long folks it was a privilege...

What? :lol:

You were attacking other users and started personal stuff. When I call you on it you try to make yourself look like a victim just because I told you I won't allow you calling other people blind just because they don't agree with you.
Now think about that for a second.

Home of Barca Fans