Luis Suárez

JamDav1982

He fits them well and was good move for him and Barca for him to leave. Ideally not to Atletico but the fuck up there was the contract that put him in position of power to stay and see it out or even have it extended.

Looks exactly player he did at Barca. Nothing has changed really other than he can stay in and around box to finish chances.

Atletico have changed their team to fit him in and less a threat on break but having more of ball higher up park is enough against most of the poor La Liga sides and Suarez has done business for them.

Against teams who can hit well on break or take ball of them in midfield they look more limited than before due to change in way they play though.

Horatio

You're welcome
don't know what people expected really? should we cry every week in here over something we already know?

yes, without his goals atletico most probably wouldn't have been in first place right now. he is the first natural goalscorer they brought in since falcao left.

No, my point was the crying has stopped. Because the gap has become smaller.

JamDav1982

it's obvious people will forget everything if things are going well. imagine suarez clinching the league for atletico in the camp nou.

Imagine he and Atleti bottle a 12 point lead and dont win it.

Regardless of outcome of league I doubt folk change their mind much anyway on whether it was right or wrong moves as the reasons are not all tied to that. Certainly not for those that wanted him to leave.

malvolio

Imagine he and Atleti bottle a 12 point lead and dont win it.

Regardless of outcome of league I doubt folk change their mind much anyway on whether it was right or wrong moves as the reasons are not all tied to that. Certainly not for those that wanted him to leave.

if they bottle it of course all will be forgotten. who would give a shit about suarez's exploits? even more so when pichichi will go to messi most probably.

when things don't turn out well it is normal that people will look for scapegoats or decisions that lead to failures.

JamDav1982

if they bottle it of course all will be forgotten. who would give a shit about suarez's exploits? even more so when pichichi will go to messi most probably.

when things don't turn out well it is normal that people will look for scapegoats or decisions that lead to failures.

If they were to bottle the league and Barca win I doubt it will be forgotten how much Barca were attacked and mocked as if ridiculous to sell him.

Even this week have likes of Forlan comparing to Real losing 50 goals with Ronaldo which is just crazy and nothing like it.

Atletico should still win it from here and Suarez has given them what he couldnt give Barca and Barca have improved as a team without him is my opinion regardless of where league goes now.

malvolio

If they were to bottle the league and Barca win I doubt it will be forgotten how much Barca were attacked and mocked as if ridiculous to sell him.

Even this week have likes of Forlan comparing to Real losing 50 goals with Ronaldo which is just crazy and nothing like it.

Atletico should still win it from here and Suarez has given them what he couldnt give Barca and Barca have improved as a team without him is my opinion regardless of where league goes now.

what is the bigger news? the one that sell papers/gets clicks? suarez being thrown out like trash and coming back to haunt us, evidently.

barcelona winning it from the dead would be more about koeman, the young rising stars and messi's status as world no 1 and GOAT.

maybe there would be some stories about suarez too, but i would bet those wouldn't be prominent.

JamDav1982

what is the bigger news? the one that sell papers/gets clicks? suarez being thrown out like trash and coming back to haunt us, evidently.

barcelona winning it from the dead would be more about koeman, the young rising stars and messi's status as world no 1 and GOAT.

maybe there would be some stories about suarez too, but i would bet those wouldn't be prominent.

Do you still think it was wrong to sell him given what are seeing from team now and would that change depending on where league goes?

Th bigger narrative if Barca won it would definitely be the young players/Koeman/Messi last title possibly but dont think all what was said about Suarez would be forgotten. Just as if Atletico win league it will be doubled down on no matter what Barca do.

malvolio

Do you still think it was wrong to sell him given what are seeing from team now and would that change depending on where league goes?

Th bigger narrative if Barca won it would definitely be the young players/Koeman/Messi last title possibly but dont think all what was said about Suarez would be forgotten. Just as if Atletico win league it will be doubled down on no matter what Barca do.

i'm not yet sold on koeman as he still tinkers with the formation and style of play. but results wise gave me hope.

i would still have liked to have suarez instead of braith/griez. but i'll concede if we win the league that it was an ok move or something that didn't influence the outcome.

feggydinho

Probably fresher.

More or less a penalty box striker not doing much defensively or in build up.

At Barca tried to press but didnt have it in the leg and ran/limped about park randomly.

Exactly, wouldnt still take him at barca as he doesnt press well due to age (even if he scores well). I only wish we sold him to someone else and not our rivals (that is in the past now though)

Home of Barca Fans