Luis Suárez

BarcaOG

Banned
Except your argument falls apart in that Suarez and Messi together last season failed to win the league anyway and would be same issues but a year older.

You argument about CL is even worse. Go look at Suarez record.

nah you dont know that clearly suarez was not being given the proper directions last year and maybe this year under a diff coach is cuold have been different

what we do know is that suarez can still score 15+ goals in the league and we need that

Tekkers

Another disappearing act in Europe? Glad Barca sold him, could care less about his goals in La Liga when he's consistently been absent on important nights like this

Morten

Another disappearing act in Europe? Glad Barca sold him, could care less about his goals in La Liga when he's consistently been absent on important nights like this

I heard Atletico barely attacked all game, not sure what Suarez could have done.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
I heard Atletico barely attacked all game, not sure what Suarez could have done.

Obviously the midfield was a big problem for Atletico with them not being able to get out of the Chelsea press , but having a Suarez with no legs upfront trying to catch Chelsea on the break didn't help either. Atletico might be more dangerous if Carrasco manages to get fit for the second leg.

Last edited:

fergus90

He can be super wasteful when he does get the ball too, nothing different to the complaints of many fans in his last couple years really.

Scores goals but also is very,very slopping with possession at times. Attacks breaking down about 30 yards from goal because a first time pass goes astray etc.

JamDav1982

Part of the reason they couldnt attack was they sat deep and Suarez is too slow to play from halfway line as any threat and was sloppy when got it.

That is on them for thinking he can play that way but still his limitations also.

BarcaOG

Banned

i totally get your point but La liga matters and we could use those goals vs cadiz and elche

i_bleed_blaugrana

Getting rid of Luis was not the wrong decision. Getting rid of Luis to Atletico, a direct league rival, was the wrong decision.

Remember the wages guys, we had to try something to get the books down. Shame he did not start the Italian lessons sooner. Keeping him this season would have complicated anything we could do this summer even more.

Morten

i totally get your point but La liga matters and we could use those goals vs cadiz and elche

Luis has no pace or tempo to play against the best teams in Europe, he is too slow for counter attacks, but if your team is struggling in Europe anyway, might as well make use of him in league games.

BarcaOG

Banned
Luis has no pace or tempo to play against the best teams in Europe, he is too slow for counter attacks, but if your team is struggling in Europe anyway, might as well make use of him in league games.

right. precisely my point. i want to win (or at least challenge for) the league, damn it!

Joan

It's not getting rid of Luis that's the problem. It's his replacements (even if it's a new system making room for new guys) not being influential, like at all. If Griezmann scored goals in the league at somewhat normal rate, nobody would miss Luis.

We went from having a striker who doesn't run much and is slow but scores to a slow runner who doesn't score. And a bum, Braithwaite, mustn't forget.

BarcaOG

Banned
and how would Messi and Suarez play together? You wanted to see the same Messi false RW shit? Two passengers walking upfront?

that's the coach's job, not mine. all i know is that suarez can evidently still contribute in the league, and if we cant compete for the CL, we might as well try to win that

Home of Barca Fans