Luis Suárez

xXKonan

We would have to give those guys away for legit peanuts at this rate.

Who the fuck thought giving Alba a 5-year deal was a good idea.

MTL_Barca

MD claiming he will be on the market with Alba and Umtiti

Bartos friends over at MD doing some PR work again, trying to make it look like they would change something. No way the club can get rid of all the bums, even just one would be a pleasant surprise at this point.

El Guaje

Bartos friends over at MD doing some PR work again, trying to make it look like they would change something. No way the club can get rid of all the bums, even just one would be a pleasant surprise at this point.

Yeah, that way it'll look like he atleast tried to make things change by selling the bums but sadly no one was interested.

Raki13

We would have to give those guys away for legit peanuts at this rate.

Who the fuck thought giving Alba a 5-year deal was a good idea.

Totally agree , the days of the 4-5 deals should be over and clubs need to start taliking the power off the players. The players are now holding clubs to ransom and its at all the big clubs in every country.

Alik

Yup, he has the worst contract of all amigos.
2024, he will be 35 when it is over and I doubt he will accept leaving.

- I think that's Suarez and Busquets tbh.
- Alba is the 12th highest paid player in that team. That's not too bad. (His annual salary is 8.6M. Busquets' is 14.9M. Suarez 23.4M.)
- He contributes more to the team than Suarez and Buquets.
- Unlike Suarez and Busquets, he does not have any competition in the squad. Firpo is terrible.
- Busquets is 32 years old and has a contract that will also expire when he is 35 years old.
- Suarez will also be 35 by the time his contract expires.

Anyway, it's pointless to argue who is worst. They should all leave.

JamDav1982

Alba at least would have options if Barca agreed to let him go.

Suarez and Busquets would have to hope MLS/China/Asian leagues want them for publicity.

The club are posturing though.. these players will not be let go or sold and we will hear about team meetings and old players realising they will not be sure fire starters.

Season will then start and nothing has changed.

Last edited:

Messi983

- I think that's Suarez and Busquets tbh.
- Alba is the 12th highest paid player in that team. That's not too bad. (His annual salary is 8.6M. Busquets' is 14.9M. Suarez 23.4M.)
- He contributes more to the team than Suarez and Buquets.
- Unlike Suarez and Busquets, he does not have any competition in the squad. Firpo is terrible.
- Busquets is 32 years old and has a contract that will also expire when he is 35 years old.
- Suarez will also be 35 by the time his contract expires.

Anyway, it's pointless to argue who is worst. They should all leave.

It's the length of his contract that is problematic. As much as people hate Suarez now Alba and Busi are our by far biggest problems longterm being still under contracts for 4 and 3 more years respectively.

But since a total rebuild is impossible in one or even two years what we should do this summer is:

1. ship Suarez to MLS, but don't replace him with Lautaro. Play Griezmann upfront or Messi as a false 9, tbh I don't really care, we won't win anything next season anyway. Try to get Haaland next summer. If not look for other alternatives. But please, look for someone who has proven to be able to score 30-40 goals/season not someone who will struggle to score 20.
2. realistically we won't be able to sell him so demote Busi to FDJ's backup. Play him in easier league games but he should never start an important game again.
3. get a good competition for Alba. Don't know who. Alaba would be a good choice but joining us now after what just happened would be a big step down in his career so it's unlikely.
4. find a replacement for Pique. I doubt Garcia is the answer but if he comes he should get enough minutes to show what he can do. Would still like us to go after Upamecano next year though.
5. Messi - if he'll accept a new reality/different roles for his amigos renew his contract otherwise let him leave next year and start a full rebuild.

Alik

It's the length of his contract that is problematic. As much as people hate Suarez now Alba and Busi are our by far biggest problems longterm being still under contracts for 4 and 3 more years respectively.

But since a total rebuild is impossible in one or even two years what we should do this summer is:

1. ship Suarez to MLS, but don't replace him with Lautaro. Play Griezmann upfront or Messi as a false 9, tbh I don't really care, we won't win anything next season anyway. Try to get Haaland next summer. If not look for other alternatives. But please, look for someone who has proven to be able to score 30-40 goals/season not someone who will struggle to score 20.
2. realistically we won't be able to sell him so demote Busi to FDJ's backup. Play him in easier league games but he should never start an important game again.
3. get a good competition for Alba. Don't know who. Alaba would be a good choice but joining us now after what just happened would be a big step down in his career so it's unlikely.
4. find a replacement for Pique. I doubt Garcia is the answer but if he comes he should get enough minutes to show what he can do. Would still like us to go after Upamecano next year though.
5. Messi - if he'll accept a new reality/different roles for his amigos renew his contract otherwise let him leave next year and start a full rebuild.

Agreed.

serghei

Yea, more than reasonable. Would only add that Messi will have to accept a new role for him as well.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans