Luis Suárez

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
At least he's getting to chances unlike the last couple of seasons. He better start scoring in the CL though. It's not good enough to miss a dozen chances.

He's 20+ games without scoring in the CL now unless I missed a goal somewhere. Absolutely shocking. And you had someone here say Eto'o was bad in this competition while bigging up Suarez to be like the best striker in CL history.

kattanib

I always feel Suarez really dislikes Dembele. It shows so much in his choices when passing, reactions, body language everything. Especially when you compare it to Coutinho for example. Its a shame because he can be like Sterling to him in 2014.

Life is unfair

serghei

Bad night on the job. But if he works like that goals will come. He's very active lately, moving a lot and fighting for every ball almost. That's what I want to see from him.

El Flaco

Suarez is arguably the third best player in the Messi/Ronaldo era

Honestly, I'm not sure if Suárez is even the best striker from his generation.

Lewandowski is also an amazing strikr who reguarly scores 20+ league goals and with 55 goals in 100 games for a inferior NT.

However, Lewy's numbers in UCL since 2014 is better than Suárez since both joined their respective clubs in that summer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robert Lewandowski

- 2014/15: 6 UCL-goals in 12 games
- 2015/16: 9 UCL-goals in 12 games
- 2016/17: 8 UCL-goals in 9 games
- 2017/18: 5 UCL-goals in 11 games
- 2018/19: 2 UCL-goals in 3 games

Total: 30 UCL-goals in 47 games

Luis Suárez

- 2014/15: 7 UCL-goals in 10 games
- 2015/16: 8 UCL-goals in 9 games
- 2016-17: 3 UCL-goals in 9 games
- 2017-18: 1 UCL-goal in 10 games
- 2018-19: 0 UCL-goals in 4 games

Total: 19 UCL-goals in 42 games

EdmondDantes

You can tell his lack of goals in the Champions League is the last monkey on his back. He has said time and again that he's very self critical so he knows he wasn't great tonight but with the way he's been playing lately that's alright. Plus Messi will be back soon, Luis will get more space and hopefully score a CL goal to open the floodgates in Europe as well.

Vilarrubi

Didn’t watch all the 2nd half but despite no goals he looked good in the first half.. passing, link up play and dribbling was complete opposite of earlier on in the season.

Neymessi

Can't blame him for the missed chances they were not as easy as they looked and had a fine game imo but he should stop his constant criticism of dembele on the pitch when on the contrary he fucks up for dembele more often than dembo does for him.

Calidad

Why do Saurez and Rakitic have to play every minute of every single game regardless of form?

The problem with EV is that his subs always seem to be pre-planned. Never mind the circumstances, Arthur has to come off around minute 70/80 invariably for Vidal. Dembele the same. Semedo plays well for a few games? Doesn’t matter he gets dropped as soon as Roberto is back anyway.

Meanwhile we have Suarez running around like a headless chicken, throwing strops when he doesn’t get the ball, seemingly ignorant to his own number of turn overs and wastefulness. And we have Rakitic looking like an extra from the Walking Dead - doesn’t matter he’ll play the 90 anyway.

PhilS

Whats his problem with Dembele ? He completely ignores Dembele and still wasnt able to score again. Too bad for Champions League

It's not just the Dembele-Suarez connection, Dembele-Messi is not too great either. Coutinho moves well without the ball, and keeps his head up for when to pass. I hope Dembele will get better at these team play skills.

Home of Barca Fans