Luis Suárez

CatalinR10

Such a shame we can't get Icardi because of that horseface.
Italian women are some of the best in Europe and he goes for that?
Handsome young chap like him and a football star you think he'd be changing them like clothes.

I don't know what you are talking about.

I find her hotter than a spoon at Demi Lovato's house.

(too soon ?)

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I won't be able to bear another season of Suarez messing up every first touch and pass. Sadly I think we won't get rid of him until he has an absolutely underwhelming season in terms of numbers.

Suarez literally only needs to be put on a special diet. Many of his donkey actions come from poor balance because of his excessive weight. I won't be surprised to learn later however if it is revealed that he suffers from metabolism issues or something like that, the kind that Brazilian Ronaldo had.

gasgas

Yes, but he's also our main scorer other than Messi and will score 30 or more. Noone else can guarantee that.

Proper rotation and rest should do him well. He has to play unless we buy another striker.

he scores in la liga where we usually have no trouble scoring

in ucl where it matters, he is nowhere to be seen

jairzinho

He turns 32 in January.
By next season we should be actively looking for a new #9.
Big fan of Belotti but he hasn’t been impressive lately.

Andrew M

We definitely need to be thinking about successors by next summer. Summer 2020 at the latest. He has a contract till 2021

But I find it silly to see people say ditch Suarez and get whatever flavour of the month like Werner or someone. You can't just throw away 30 goal strikers unless you have a good succession plan.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The only true #9 in the World that isn't pushing 30 or over 30 that is worth pursuing might be Icardi, and I'm not sure how he'll fit in.

It's going to be difficult to find a new striker right away, but in 2019 we really should start considering offers for Suarez.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
selliing Suarez and getting Griezmann would have been perfect

Griezmann is not a #9 either. He usually plays better with a #9 which is why Giroud kept starting for France in the WC and his performances improved when Diego Costa returned.

FCB1987

Banned
Griezmann is not a #9 either. He usually plays better with a #9 which is why Giroud kept starting for France in the WC and his performances improved when Diego Costa returned.

we don't need a pure 9. Ideal imo would be someone who could play as an inside forward in a 433 and striker when Valverde wants 442

EdmondDantes

Why do Suarez/Coutinho get an extra week's rest? (compared to Messi, Pique, etc).

And since you boys seem to be discussing over a potential number 9 to replace Luis (he's ageing after all). I've been saying Roberto Firmino for the longest time, he is the one player I feel could extend Messi's career at the highest level. His technique, vision, work-rate and selflessness would be perfect for Leo. Plus, he's very good in the air as well.

* Edit: As someone said a few posts earlier, Icardi is a good shout too. He's a different kind of player, nonetheless, very talented. Messi and him don't get on though.

Last edited:

Icarium

Lifestealer
Why do Suarez/Coutinho get an extra week's rest? (compared to Messi, Pique, etc).

And since you boys seem to be discussing over a potential number 9 to replace Luis (he's ageing after all). I've been saying Roberto Firmino for the longest time, he is the one player I feel could extend Messi's career at the highest level. His technique, vision, work-rate and selflessness would be perfect for Leo. Plus, he's very good in the air as well.

* Edit: As someone said a few posts earlier, Icardi is a good shout too. He's a different kind of player, nonetheless, very talented. Messi and him don't get on though.

Brazil and Uruguay reached quarterfinals, therefore more holidays. They should be back when the squad from USA joins back at Barca. Hoping others also join with them.

Home of Barca Fans