Luis Suárez

JamDav1982

Yea he was. His dribbling and passing were good but his finishing was often mediocre, sometimes plain bad, and at times abysmal. 13 goals with some of them penalties is not enough, considering how much chances he had. Tactics didn't help either, but he was pretty bad at shooting in his last season.

He wasnt. Neymar had a far better season despite his finishing being off at times.

Ousame you keep that opinion as very subjective on what would be good season for Suarez.

Give me a number of goals/assist Something that can be judged on without opinion.

It is about the oppostion then add that in.

It is really impossible for me to give you a goal/assist target he would need to hit for him to have a good season in my opinion. He had pretty good numbers last season but still unperformed in my opinion, stats without context are meaningless in my eyes at least.

JamDav1982

We'll agree to disagree then. 'Far better' is obviously out of the question imo.

He was more consistent, had the far better season defining individual games, won countless more MOTM awards on here and consistently voted one of top players more than Suarez.

For me he was easily better but Suarez was far from shit.

serghei

He was more consistent, had the far better season defining individual games, won countless more MOTM awards on here and consistently voted one of top players more than Suarez.

For me he was easily better but Suarez was far from shit.

Season defining individual games? Like what? PSG? What other high profile games did he excel in? In one clasico he was average, missing the game's biggest chance, in the other he didn't play. Didn't play too well in either of the 4 games vs Atletico, owned by Alves in the Juventus tie. What season defining individual games?

Dude, you're the one talking out of your ass. You're saying about the 2nd best scorer in the league that he was shit. OK, so he scored his 62% of his goals in easier matches. Good one Sherlock. Every striker on the planet scores most of his goals in the easier games. But he still also scored vs Madrid, Atletico 2 times, Sociedad, Espanyol, Sevilla, Valencia, Bilbao, Villareal. AKA the best teams in the league. In fact, he scored at least once against every top 8 team we faced last season. Most of these goals were key goals, scored at 0-0.

How do you think we managed to be first in La Liga against top 10 opponents Sherlock? By having Suarez scoring as you say only against the weaker sides?

I swear, some of you are so juvenile it is almost funny. Making a downright tragedy from anything, then cherrypicking stats to suit your fatalistic and hateful opinions.

Stats don't lie, don't bring the petty Copa into this debate. The fact is that he only scored 5 of his 29 or 17% of his goals against good opposition in La Liga and 3 goals in a pathetic CL campaign. You're the one getting all emotional and defensive, all I'm doing is pointing out the stats that are available for everyone to see.

I didn't cherry pick anything, I stated the number of goals he scored against teams we beat by at least 3 goals (excluding the Espanyol away match) and the number of goals he scored against tough opposition (according to your criteria at that).

JamDav1982

Season defining individual games? Like what? PSG? What other high profile game did he excel in?

Yip PSG was an all time great Barca performance and kept league going to last day with performance away to Las Palmas etc.

Was MOTM far more often than Suarez only second to Messi and you are wrong about the penalties as well.

JamDav1982

Season defining individual games? Like what? PSG? What other high profile games did he excel in? In one clasico he was average, missing the game's biggest chance, in the other he didn't play. Didn't play too well in either of the 4 games vs Atletico, owned by Alves in the Juventus tie. What season defining individual games?

He was Barcas best outfield player in league away game at Atletico..

serghei

Stats don't lie, don't bring the petty Copa into this debate. The fact is that he only scored 5 of his 29 or 17% of his goals against good opposition in La Liga and 3 goals in a pathetic CL campaign. You're the one getting all emotional and defensive, all I'm doing is pointing out the stats that are available for everyone to see.

I didn't cherry pick anything, I stated the number of goals he scored against teams we beat by at least 3 goals (excluding the Espanyol away match) and the number of goals he scored against tough opposition (according to your criteria at that).

That petty Copa was the only title we took last season, and Suarez played a big part in winning it. Stop making up fake stats. I just told you he scored against every top 8 team last season we faced. Check it out. That pretty much clears that he was effective and he scored against the toughest teams too, not only in the easiest games as you falsely claim.

JamDav1982

Yeah I call those as two brilliant season influencing games on a level Suarez didnt and Neymar was MOTM far more often and named as one of better players far more often.

How many of his 13 league goals were penalties?

serghei

Yeah I call those as two brilliant season influencing games on a level Suarez didnt and Neymar was MOTM far more often and named as one of better players far more often.

How many of his 13 league goals were penalties?

Don't know. 1 or 2 probably. He scored so few and so rarely that I forgot most of his goals. He scored 3 vs Las Palmas and 3 vs Gijon away I think. So he scored only 7 goals in the rest 36 rounds. Most were probably easy tapins late in the games. Can't remember big key goals scored by him in La Liga last season. Messi and Suarez scored those usually.

Last edited:
That petty Copa was the only title we took last season, and Suarez played a big part in winning it. Stop making up fake stats. I just told you he scored against every top 8 team last season we faced. Check it out. That pretty much clears that he was effective and he scored against the toughest teams too, not only in the easiest games as you falsely claim.

When you don't like the facts just call them fake, LMAO, all the data I cited was a 100% accurate go check it out for yourself if you'd like.

You're logic saying that the Copa was the only title we won last season so it must be important makes zero sense and is a major false equivalence fallacy. So by your same logic if we only won the Supercopa one year and Suarez was poor in every other tournament including the Liga and CL that means he had a good season because he contributed to us winning our only trophy that year?

Get real, the Copa is nice, but it isn't nearly as important of a tournament as the CL or Liga is and doesn't have nearly the same prestige, it's not really all that important. If we win it it's nice, if not nobody's losing sleep over it.

Home of Barca Fans