Luis Suárez

Cool

This is laughable, I think you're talking about the knockout stages of the Champions League when you say this. He was pretty quiet in the first two legs against PSG and the 2nd leg at home vs Juventus. So now 3 matches is indicative of a player's performance throughout the season? This team loses Messi and it's done, at this point Suarez getting injured would be a side note, that's how bad he is.

Trash Messi when is under performs for less than a handful of games. but keep coming out of the woodwork to defend Suarez who's been a steaming pile of shit more often than not. Messi is consistently great, Suarez is consistently atrocious.

Don't worry, Messi can't bail this team out every match and there will be times this season where Suarez loses us the game by missing a shit ton of chances. Then after the season is over and we go trophy less due to playing with 10 men you'll realize what everybody has been saying for the past year and finally admit you were wrong. Stats were this guy's saving grace last season, this year he'll score less than 20 goals in total and you apologists will be left speechless.

I've never seen people defend a player after such a long run of not just poor form, but non-La Liga caliber form (more likely decline). Regardless if he is a legend or not, if a player massively under performs for a prolonged period of time they must be replaced to maintain a competitive team, just look at Real Madrid.

I've never been a huge fan of Neymar, but that guy was shit on every single week by people who went looking for flaws in his game to pick apart and analyze. Neymar at his worst last season is still multiple levels above this Suarez, yet received 10x more criticism.
Great post.

FCBfan22

He will hit form again. There were flashes of old Suarez in the Girona game (a few of them were wrongly called offside), but he is still far from being good. I think it's more of a fitness issue than decline and he will probably come back from it. Not to the 14/15 level, but close. All that said, he should be benched every other game and used sparingly until he hits the stride again.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Not calling him fat, but perhaps he should get more leaner as he was in Liverpool.

Seem to have bulked up a bit too much.

serghei

This is laughable, I think you're talking about the knockout stages of the Champions League when you say this. He was pretty quiet in the first two legs against PSG and the 2nd leg at home vs Juventus. So now 3 matches is indicative of a player's performance throughout the season? This team loses Messi and it's done, at this point Suarez getting injured would be a side note, that's how bad he is.

Trash Messi when is under performs for less than a handful of games. but keep coming out of the woodwork to defend Suarez who's been a steaming pile of shit more often than not. Messi is consistently great, Suarez is consistently atrocious.

Don't worry, Messi can't bail this team out every match and there will be times this season where Suarez loses us the game by missing a shit ton of chances. Then after the season is over and we go trophy less due to playing with 10 men you'll realize what everybody has been saying for the past year and finally admit you were wrong. Stats were this guy's saving grace last season, this year he'll score less than 20 goals in total and you apologists will be left speechless.

I've never seen people defend a player after such a long run of not just poor form, but non-La Liga caliber form (more likely decline). Regardless if he is a legend or not, if a player massively under performs for a prolonged period of time they must be replaced to maintain a competitive team, just look at Real Madrid.

I've never been a huge fan of Neymar, but that guy was shit on every single week by people who went looking for flaws in his game to pick apart and analyze. Neymar at his worst last season is still multiple levels above this Suarez, yet received 10x more criticism.

Stop exaggerating man. Let's take even the trophy that we did win, the Copa del Rey.

Barcelona - Bilbao tie, scores a great and important goal for 1-0. Hard fought win and barely made it through.
Barcelona - Sociedad tie, easier games, but he scores again.
Barcelona - Atletico tie, semifinal, scores both on Calderon in the 2-1 win, and on Camp Nou in the 1-1 draw. Both extremely important goals again. 2/3 of the goals Barca scored where by him.

Where the hell is this 'consistently shit' form, because I see a player scoring some of the biggest and most important goals in the only title winning campaign last seaosn.

Want La Liga? I can do it here. Goals vs Madrid, Valencia away, Sevilla away, 2 against Espanyol away. 29 of them to be exact. Against the hard opponents mostly.

I must have missed the lesson where scoring 29 goals in La Liga is the sign of a shit striker.

:lol:

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!

This^^

serghei

Neymar was even worse than Suarez last season. Kept missing easy chances after easy chances. Bother weren't on their best level.

So you agree he will get better?

Tell us what it takes for Suarez to have a good season.

Much better short passing, more clinical finishing inside the box, better first touch, better off ball movement (although he is still pretty decent at this trait), and most importantly no stupid dummies inside the box when he has a clear shot at goal. If he improves in these departments the goals will come naturally.

I don't know if he will get better, but I sure hope he does for the sake of the team.

Stop exaggerating man. Let's take even the trophy that we did win, the Copa del Rey.

Barcelona - Bilbao tie, scores a great and important goal for 1-0. Hard fought win and barely made it through.
Barcelona - Sociedad tie, easier games, but he scores again.
Barcelona - Atletico tie, semifinal, scores both on Calderon in the 2-1 win, and on Camp Nou in the 1-1 draw. Both extremely important goals again. 2/3 of the goals Barca scored where by him.

Where the hell is this 'consistently shit' form, because I see a player scoring some of the biggest and most important goals in the only title winning campaign last seaosn.

Want La Liga? I can do it here. Goals vs Madrid, Valencia away, Sevilla away, 2 against Espanyol away. 29 of them to be exact. Against the hard opponents mostly.

I must have missed the lesson where scoring 29 goals in La Liga is the sign of a shit striker.

:lol:

You know you're running out of excuses when you have to justify his season last year with how he performed in the relatively meaningless Copa Del Rey. Lets not even get started on his horrendous 3 goal CL campaign, yet you're talking about him performing in "big games". You're double standard is astonishing, saying that Messi didn't perform in the big CL games yet give Suarez a pass and say that he performed in important games because he ran up the score in the Copa.

You're analysis of the goals he scored last season is blatantly misrepresented. Lets take a look at his stats last year in the league on a game by game basis: https://www.transfermarkt.com/luis-suarez/leistungsdaten/spieler/44352/plus/0?saison=2016

1. Hat-trick in a 6-2 home win against Betis
2. One goal in a 5-1 win at Leganes
3. One goal in a 5-0 win at Gijon
4. One goal in a 4-0 home win against Deportivo
5. One goal in a 3-0 win at Osasuna
6. A brace in 4-1 home win against Espanyol
7. A brace in a 5-0 home win against Las Palmas
8. One goal in a 4-0 win at Eibar
9. A brace in a 6-0 win at Alaves
10. A brace in a 6-1 home win against Gijon
11. One goal in a 4-1 win at Granada
12. One goal in a 4-1 win at Las Palmas

So he scored 18 or 62% of his La Liga goals in matches where we blew out the opposition by at least 3 goals and were under no significant threat. Using your own criteria for the goals he scored in important games, he only scored 5 of his 29 or 17% of his goals against good opposition.

Next time don't talk out of your ass.

Last edited:

serghei

No he wasnt. Neymar had a better season than Suarez easily and I say that as thinking folk are being too harsh on Suarez.

Yea he was. His dribbling and passing were good but his finishing was often mediocre, sometimes plain bad, and at times abysmal. 13 goals with some of them penalties is not enough, considering how much chances he had. Tactics didn't help either, but he was pretty bad at shooting in his last season.

serghei

Much better short passing, more clinical finishing inside the box, better first touch, better off ball movement (although he is still pretty decent at this trait), and most importantly no stupid dummies inside the box when he has a clear shot at goal. If he improves in these departments the goals will come naturally.

I don't know if he will get better, but I sure hope he does for the sake of the team.

You know you're running out of excuses when you have to justify his season last year with how he performed in the relatively meaningless Copa Del Rey. Lets not even get started on his horrendous 3 goal CL campaign, yet you're talking about him performing in "big games". You're double standard is astonishing, saying that Messi didn't perform in the big CL games yet give Suarez a pass and say that he performed in important games because he ran up the score in the Copa.

You're analysis of the goals he scored last season is blatantly misrepresented. Lets take a look at his stats last year in the league on a game by game basis: https://www.transfermarkt.com/luis-suarez/leistungsdaten/spieler/44352/plus/0?saison=2016

1. Hat-trick in a 6-2 home win against Betis
2. One goal in a 5-1 win at Leganes
3. One goal in a 5-0 win at Gijon
4. One goal in a 4-0 home win against Deportivo
5. One goal in a 3-0 win as Osasuna
6. A brace in 4-1 home win against Espanyol
7. A brace in a 5-0 home win against Las Palmas
8. One goal in a 4-0 win at Eibar
9. A brace in a 6-0 win at Alaves
10. A brace in a 6-1 home win against Gijon
11. One goal in a 4-1 win at Granada
12. One goal in a 4-1 win at Las Palmas

So he scored 18 or 62% of his La Liga goals in matches were we blew out the opposition by at least 3 goals and were under no significant threat. Using your own criteria for the goals he scored in important games, he only scored 5 of his 29 or 17% of his goals against good opposition.

Next time don't talk out of your ass.

Dude, you're the one talking out of your ass. You're saying about the 2nd best scorer in the league that he was shit. OK, so he scored his 62% of his goals in easier matches. Good one Sherlock. Every striker on the planet scores most of his goals in the easier games. But he still also scored vs Madrid, Atletico 2 times, Sociedad, Espanyol, Sevilla, Valencia, Bilbao, Villareal. AKA the best teams in the league. In fact, he scored at least once against every top 8 team we faced last season. Most of these goals were key goals, scored at 0-0.

How do you think we managed to be first in La Liga against top 10 opponents Sherlock? By having Suarez scoring as you say only against the weaker sides?

I swear, some of you are so juvenile it is almost funny. Making a downright tragedy from anything, then cherrypicking stats to suit your fatalistic and hateful opinions.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Ousame you keep that opinion as very subjective on what would be good season for Suarez.

Give me a number of goals/assist Something that can be judged on without opinion.

It is about the oppostion then add that in.

Home of Barca Fans