Luis Figo

koko

figos a cock he cost me a lot of money back in the day if i ever see him im marching him to a cash machine

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
As a individual Figo is the best. To be honest the only Portuguese player I liked! He'll always be one of the best in my book.
figo.jpg

article-0-022E32010000044D-491_468x286.jpg

^HEY LOOK IT'S MOURINHO THE TRAITOR! :D
AND THE REAL RONALDO!!

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
LMAO. Epic pic. Saved!!

Btw JCCR it wasn't about him winning it due to his Barca or Madrid exploits, it was just him holding a trophy in Madrid colours. :p

Beast

The Observer
Well, concerning the trophies, the "Ballon d'Or" was conquered in 1999/2000, with Barça colours... the CL is with RM, but Figo also win the Cup Winners Cup (1996/97) and the European Super Cup (1997/98) with Barça...

He won plenty more trophies with Real ;)

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
yeah the figo betrayal really was a knife in the back.

eto'o went some way to repairing the damage but it was hardly the same type of thing.

anyway, figo:

great player, probably a good guy to his friends since pep remained close with him, but he was a greedy fool with a very very stupid agent.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Well Pep (and Lucho) are close to Hierro too. While some players know how to turn on at the right moments in the rivalry (Lucho always knew how to stick it to Real Madrid fans, let's be honest that Figo never played up the rivalry with the same disrespect that Luis Enrique treated Madrid fans with), but lets face it that these guys don't take it nearly as seriously as we (or overly politicized club presidents like Laporta) do.

If anything is to be learned from Figogate it's how far detached non-Spanish players are to the clubs culture, at least since the 1990's. Most won't be as greedy as Figo was, but their motivation to not cross that line is a lot more about convenience than a lot of fans would like to admit.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans