Luis Enrique

barcanuck

What I like so far is that he is establishing a starting 11 with many options and he is playing everyone in their best position (except Masch of course).

GK: Bravo and MatS can be 1a and 1b.
LB : Alba clear first choice with Adriano as backup and if needed Mathieu, Vermalen and Montoya can play there.
LCB : Mathieu is the man and is clear starter with Vermalen as the backup. Of course the other CBs Masch Bartra Pique can also play here.
RCB : Masch and Pique are 1a and 1b with Bartra the 3rd option.
RB : Alves has the job for the most part with only Monotya, Adriano and Douglas challenging he should keep it.
LCM : Iniesta starts and can be replaced by Xavi, Rakitic, Rafinha, Roberto. Lots of options but Iniesta is clear starter.
CDM : Busi is the one but look for Masch to play the games Busi rests and Samper as 3rd string if needed.
RCM : Rakitic has taken the job and ran with it his work has been fantastic and guys like Rafinha, Xavi have their work cut out.
LW : neyboy seems like a clear starter but Lucho won't hesitate to rest him or keep him as a super sub. Pedro, Munir and Sandro are other options.
CF : Leo will start and move to midfield and wing while other forwards take the CF spot. Suarez of course will start up front with Leo one way or another. Munir and Sandro the youth options.
RW : Suarez will take this spot but until then Pedro, Rafinha, Sandro and Munir can all play there.

Main difference between Lucho and Tata&Tito is that he won't hesitate to bench anyone except Leo, Iniesta and Busi. Everyone else will be fair game!

Siberia

Isnt anyone shocked that he got the balls to bench Xavi 3 games in a row? This guy doesnt really seem to care about names and just goes for the best option.

Stric

Isnt anyone shocked that he got the balls to bench Xavi 3 games in a row? This guy doesnt really seem to care about names and just goes for the best option.

Yeah, I am. When I saw the line-up today, I needed a moment to remember if Xavi is still in FCB. :lol:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I thought Lucho still made some errors in terms of tactics in that he failed to punish Valverde's high line...Of course, no Tello, Adama or Deulofeu means no speed which remains the only thing missing from the attack...Even when Suarez returns, he won't be bringing blistering pace

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
I thought Lucho still made some errors in terms of tactics in that he failed to punish Valverde's high line...Of course, no Tello, Adama or Deulofeu means no speed which remains the only thing missing from the attack...Even when Suarez returns, he won't be bringing blistering pace

That beast doesn't need space not with Messi and Neymar with him and Rocketic too

Alarcón

You are seriously a bit delusional if you are expecting a CL. LE is a great coach but that's asking a lot out of him. His focus should be getting back our La Liga Title. Everything else he wins would just be extra satisfaction for me.

Are you kidding me? Delusional if you're expecting the CL from a top 3 team worldwide?

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

The pace came with Neymar later in the game who made those piercing runs behind the defense a la Tello for Leo to pick out. Pedro isn't even remotely that direct or attack minded and Munir, though not extraordinarily fast, did beat the defensive line multiple times with his runs. Neymar will continue to make those runs since he's playing on the inside more (we saw it in the Gamper and vs Villarreal, it's the foundation of his new connection with Messi) and Suarez definitely can run in behind the defense from multiple positions as we've seen with Liverpool/Uruguay. Sure they aren't Adama/Tello fast, but they have more than enough pace to punish high lines and Neymar in particular does have some awesome acceleration.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Bartra and Mats are the two players that should definitely start. Please lucho give them some game time. I want Bartra to bench pique. Bartra and Mathieu partnership would be great imo.

serghei

Actually, this year we have a golden shot at the CL. RM's a mess, Bayern has many injury problems, Dortmund shows signs of inconsistency, PSG is also going through a rough patch.

Chelsea will be tough, but I fancy the idea of them being more attack oriented. You can't just make Cesc, Hazard or Schurrle great defenders, in the mould of Essien circa '08-09. This Chelsea look to be less defensive-based than in the past.

Atletico has lost something also. They beat RM, but that left side of theirs was a complete mess in the first half. Siqueira is no Luiz and Mandzukic is less combinative than Costa. Also, Curtois is better than Moya. So, after the summer they're on "-". The only team that looks improved from Spain is us.

Actually, this year we have a golden shot at the CL. RM's a mess, Bayern has many injury problems, Dortmund shows signs of inconsistency, PSG is also going through a rough patch.

Chelsea will be tough, but I fancy the idea of them being more attack oriented. You can't just make Cesc, Hazard or Schurrle great defenders, in the mould of Essien circa '08-09. This Chelsea look to be less defensive-based than in the past.

Atletico has lost something also. They beat RM, but that left side of theirs was a complete mess in the first half. Siqueira is no Luiz and Mandzukic is less combinative than Costa. Also, Curtois is better than Moya. So, after the summer they're on "-". The only team that looks improved from Spain is us.

Agree. Tbh, I think us, Chelsea and Bayern are the only ones with a genuine shot of winning the CL. Though I know it's too early to make judgments like that...

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

The thing is, Chelsea is definitely our Achilles heel and with Matic not cup tied this year they can have a very well functioning bus-tactic. Matic-Ramires double pivot, Cesc in the middle flanked by Schurrle/Hazard, and Costa in his incredible form up top. Not to mention the back line. They play to our weaknesses with the physicality and counters. Chelsea and Barca are the two most on form elite teams in Europe right now, it'll take the entire first half of the season to gauge who is playing at the higher level.

Home of Barca Fans