Luis Enrique

Richard.H

Since Pep we had only soft coaches (bar Lucho).

If you look at the names, you'll see unproven coaches for top level. Bar?a should not gamble with the coach, we should go for one of the best, no matter the price.

We should aim at Klopp/Pep level, not 2nd tier or hipster choices.

Barcelona throughout its history has ALWAYS gone for the hipster option when it comes to coaches. We rarely go for the top coach if you look back at our history.

Givenchy

Barcelona throughout its history has ALWAYS gone for the hipster option when it comes to coaches. We rarely go for the top coach if you look back at our history.

We need to change that

give me the best manager in the world > best player in the world

BarcaOG

Banned
Since Pep we had only soft coaches (bar Lucho).

If you look at the names, you'll see unproven coaches for top level. Bar?a should not gamble with the coach, we should go for one of the best, no matter the price.

We should aim at Klopp/Pep level, not 2nd tier or hipster choices.

i see your point, and i agree--valverde and setien should never have managed a club like barca--but then, again, Pep himself was a hipster choice in 2008 since he was new to coaching!

Marshall D Teach

i see your point, and i agree--valverde and setien should never have managed a club like barca--but then, again, Pep himself was a hipster choice in 2008 since he was new to coaching!

He was a legend as a player which at this point seems to be a necessity to be a successful Barca coach :lol:

Andrew M

Not really.

Mourinho, Benitez etc

Most good coaches aren't good players

And when did those guys make their names in the sport? Over 15 years ago.

I agree with what khaled_a_d says. So much of football nowadays is about dealing with personalities and knowing how to communicate with players

Home of Barca Fans