Luis Enrique

mssarm

That's not entirely true, per your comment rijkaard should have been considered one of the best managers in the world for putting barca in the right track but life proved that he indeed was overrated and nothing special, I bet you don't even know where he is right now.
Will lucho prove to be like rijkaard aka a random man at the right time in the right place or a true prospect of a manager like pep?
Your true prospect of a manager got his ass handed to him 3 years in a row by 3 different Spanish teams on UCL. Bayern bench was worth more than entire ATM team.

Barcilliant

Rijkaard was actually a gr8 coach for us and we own him a lot.
The fact that a coach can fail at a team while winning with another doesn't mean he was overrated.coaches are just like players they can be good fit for teams and bad for others.Some coaches can do gr8 things with mid table team like Moyes but can't do anything with big teams.others like Rijkaard can make their ideas work when they coach teams like Netherland & Barca but can't make it work with teams like KSA & Galatasaray
Never mind they might turn out dated so turn from good to bad.like Benitez & Wenger for example
So to answer your question :yes ,Rijkaard was one of the best managers in the world,and you are proving my points of how people underrates coaches

Rijkaard kick started the Barça renaissance. He made some great signings, he had a definitive idea on the style of football and he was a good fit for us.

He built the team around Ronnie and when he went to shit Rijkaard struggled.

All managers are different. Some do well with big stars and egos, some don't.

Lucho has his strong points and weak points.

I like his flexibility and the fact that he will win ugly if necessary.

BarçaBarça

Sorry to pollute this thread with some negativity, but I want to put myself in Enriques place, and I realized how tough his conditions has been when it comes to transfers..

Recent rumours about both Mascherano and Alves puts the conditions he is working under in perspective.
I often hear that it is easy to be Barca-coach because you have the best players in the world. But look at Enriques period at the club in terms of transfers: He got Suarez, who admittedly is WC and not a player everyone could get - but this was also a gamble at the time, where Suarez was the most unpopular player in the world among football and non-football-fans. Other players signed that summer was very good indeed, but only because of good knowledge about them, and many teams would have been able to buy them (Rakitic/Mathieu/Ter Stegen/Bravo etc.).

Since that succesful transferwindow he has been given close to none of what he asked for. I imagine Arda wouldn't be his first choice if we had no transferban (but of course we may never know that). At the same time Pedro leaves, even though Lucho doesn't want him to, and his replacement in January (Nolito for 18 M.) is too expensive + D.Suarez who he also wanted hasn't got the right clauses in his contracts to make a January-transfer.

And the latest: If rumours holds true he will have a weakened defence next season, even though everybody agrees that this should be the transfer-window where we spend more to strengthen our defence rather than offence. We (might) let the worlds best right-back go with exactly 0 € to replace him, that would not happen anywhere else. Club could still force Mascherano to stay another year, and I really hope they do - else they would literally screw Lucho over in transfer matters for the 3rd or 4th time. So much for having an 'easy' job at Barca.

raki

It was Lucho who asked for Arda, Vidal and Nolito.
He still wants Nolito, a 29 years player.
We need youth or we will be like milan in a few years.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Didn't messi quite literally beat bayern last year? Not lucho's systems, not even suarez and neymar but just messi?
Didn't the team completely collapse 1 month ago when messi was off form?

The problem was that Messi was playing and off-form. If he was injured or benched, the team wouldn't have been so shit

footyfan

Calma, calma
Neymar is better but Bale had the more decisive season. Also the gap between them isn't as big as it seemed last year and beginning of this season.

Home of Barca Fans