Luis Enrique

Devils

Guys, the concept is really simple.
Lets imagine that just like rijkaard, lucho's teams after barca all fail and 7 years from now we won't even know if he's coaching anywhere anymore.
Won't that mean that his team(msn) carried him and not the other way around?

Yeah let's imagine Lucho failing every tenure he has after Barca and him disappearing after 7 years instead of acknowledging his historic achievement of a treble + double that no other manager in our history has been able to achieve.

Simple concept guys!

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
Yeah let's imagine Lucho failing every tenure he has after Barca and him disappearing after 7 years instead of acknowledging his historic achievement of a treble + double that no other manager in our history has been able to achieve.

If that happens will it be his achievement or msn's achievement?
Do you believe that rijkaard is one of the best managers in the world right now?

xXKonan

Every successful team had those key players that helped along the way to win major titles.

People saying "MSN Carried Lucho and none else" remind me of the ones that say this. "Pep was Lucky to have, a Prime Messi,Xavi and Iniesta" It was probably the same under Rijkaard, who some people say Benefited from a Prime Ronaldinho and Eto'o etc.

It takes a good manager to put these pieces together. Barca declined from the 2012-14 Period, some players who helped us win the titles we enjoyed under Pep, started to Decline and age (Puyol,Xavi) and some going off form like Pique and Iniesta and the rotted out system we had left relied so much on Messi Magic as in scoring as well started to become ineffective.

Lucho, inherited a team that at the point was a shadow of it's former self. He brought in Fresh Blood and ideas, sure it took awhile for things to click but when it did it helped propel this team back into what it use to be. The Best in the World.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
and the rotted out system we had left relied so much on Messi Magic as in scoring as well started to become ineffective.

Didn't messi quite literally beat bayern last year? Not lucho's systems, not even suarez and neymar but just messi?
Didn't the team completely collapse 1 month ago when messi was off form?

Devils

If that happens will it be his achievement or msn's achievement?
Do you believe that rijkaard is one of the best managers in the world right now?

Rijkaard isn't a manager at this moment. Rijkaard also went on to coach Galatasaray and Saudi Arabia after he left Barca. Did you really expect him to make world football headlines managing those teams?

And your thought process is incredible naive. No it will never just be MSN's achievement, last time I checked it was Lucho who is responsible for training these players on a weekly basis and providing them with tactics to play games.

Is it also MSN's achievement that we put on a defensive masterclass yesterday and our defence saved our asses when we were down to 10 men?

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Will lucho prove to be like rijkaard aka a random man at the right time in the right place or a true prospect of a manager like pep?

So according to you rijkaard is one of the best managers in the world?

Lucho proved himself before winning stuff with Barca.... He did very well with Barca B, Roma was not a success but that was more because of different reasons than Lucho being a bust and then he did very well with Celta which was what earned him the hot seat at Barcelona!

At least with Rijkaard, he had a bit of a push from Cruyff that helped him get the job.

Didn't messi quite literally beat bayern last year? Not lucho's systems, not even suarez and neymar but just messi?
Didn't the team completely collapse 1 month ago when messi was off form?

We wouldn't have won without Messi's golazos but that's only because of Neuer. We should have been 3-0 up at half time.

Messi ended up being decisive but it's not like he salvaged a game in which we were shit.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Enrique is a pretty good coach. The flaws he has, for me, are he's not very good as a tactician, and sometimes he reads a game wrongly or makes bad subs. But he tries to make up for it with motivation, and his fitness regime is great.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Enrique is a pretty good coach. The flaws he has, for me, are he's not very good as a tactician, and sometimes he reads a game wrongly or makes bad subs. But he tries to make up for it with motivation, and his fitness regime is great.

Exactly. Could not have said better myself.

I think he is a very good manager regardless, but he is also lucky that he has MSN at his disposal.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
That is something that can be said about all the other big teams like Bayern and Real Madrid too.

Sure, but I'd point out two things:

(1) MSN is more lethal than BBC and RLR/RLM/CLC (or whatever Bayern puts forth)

(2) Most recent managers at Real Madrid and Bayern have not fucked up either (except Benitez) and have done quite well (the fact that Real Madrid has not won that many Liga titles recently is a testament to how good we have been, not how poor they were).

Again not taking any credit away from Luis Enrique at all. We all saw how disastrous we were under Tata.

Last edited:

Capitan Puyol

Why some people didn't understand that MSN are NOTHING without a team behind them and a good manager-motivator ?
What about 2007/2008, when we had Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Henry and Messi in the same moment, but we finished 3rd in La Liga,
18 points behind Madrid, and were trashed in Bernabeu 4-1 ?
And yesterday one main part of MSN injured just after half time, we were down to 10 men, so there was without discussion Lucho's victory+astonishing performance by Iniesta and Pique. Even Messi wasn't in his best despite the assists.

khaled_a_d

That's not entirely true, per your comment rijkaard should have been considered one of the best managers in the world for putting barca in the right track but life proved that he indeed was overrated and nothing special, I bet you don't even know where he is right now.
Will lucho prove to be like rijkaard aka a random man at the right time in the right place or a true prospect of a manager like pep?

Rijkaard was actually a gr8 coach for us and we own him a lot.
The fact that a coach can fail at a team while winning with another doesn't mean he was overrated.coaches are just like players they can be good fit for teams and bad for others.Some coaches can do gr8 things with mid table team like Moyes but can't do anything with big teams.others like Rijkaard can make their ideas work when they coach teams like Netherland & Barca but can't make it work with teams like KSA & Galatasaray
Never mind they might turn out dated so turn from good to bad.like Benitez & Wenger for example
So to answer your question :yes ,Rijkaard was one of the best managers in the world,and you are proving my points of how people underrates coaches

Home of Barca Fans