Luis Enrique

L

linetty

Barcelona coach Luis Enrique considers Marquinhos, Luis Suarez and Cuadrado to be the three remaining key signings for this summer. [sport]

lol Cuadrado, does he want to play with 3 defenders? It is SPORT though. They write some much BS it's not even funny

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Barcelona coach Luis Enrique considers Marquinhos, Luis Suarez and Cuadrado to be the three remaining key signings for this summer. [sport]

lol Cuadrado, does he want to play with 3 defenders? It is SPORT though. They write some much BS it's not even funny

In a way this tells me that Luis Enrique is not as much in charge as it seems to be...

Those three signings are clearly picked by the board, and I refuse to believe that Luis Enrique is that clueless about football...

Which brings another question, if he is being pushed around by the board, then who says he can't be pushed around by the players? I mean, he's supposed to be strong willed and he doesn't take crap from anyone, so what exactly is going on?

Stric

I'm still trying to figure out why people were so quick to jump to the conclusion that "Lucho is now in charge". Laughable, really. If Pep couldn't do things his way, then no one can.

F

Flavia

In a way this tells me that Luis Enrique is not as much in charge as it seems to be...

Those three signings are clearly picked by the board, and I refuse to believe that Luis Enrique is that clueless about football...

Which brings another question, if he is being pushed around by the board, then who says he can't be pushed around by the players? I mean, he's supposed to be strong willed and he doesn't take crap from anyone, so what exactly is going on?

Why clearly picked by the board? He got Bravo, who cost the same as MAtS, and against Zubi's will. Brought rafinha and deulo back. I don't see nothing to suggest he isn't being heard by the board. But ofc he won't rule alone, he is just starting.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I'm still trying to figure out why people were so quick to jump to the conclusion that "Lucho is now in charge". Laughable, really. If Pep couldn't do things his way, then no one can.

Maybe because Pep had to deal with the egomaniac corporate whore Rosell who wanted and thought he could rule the club in whichever way he wanted before everything went bust in his world. Not saying that Bartomeu is any better, but the guy is desperate for the team to do well so he can keep his job intact and his re-election chances as well. They brought in Luis Enrique who wanted to be given the responsibility of the sporting aspect of team in order to become the coach of the team(According to most catalan media exc the rubbish SPORT and MD), they had no choice, especially when the other candidate Valverde didnt want to leave his job in Bilbao.

Not saying that everything is solely on Luis Enrique, but I believe that he is in charge of the transfers and is in full agreement along with Zubi and others of pursuing whichever player we're after.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Why clearly picked by the board? He got Bravo, who cost the same as MAtS, and against Zubi's will. Brought rafinha and deulo back. I don't see nothing to suggest he isn't being heard by the board. But ofc he won't rule alone, he is just starting.

Cuadrado at RB? Even at RW he doesn't fit our team, and anyone who knows the slightest thing about football knows that, Suárez is our new galáctico signing and Marquinhos has been linked to us from last season when Lucho wasn't even here...

Bringing back Rafinha and Deulo was sort of expected, more with the brazillian than the catalan, but predictable nonetheless... But there's a huge difference between bringing back a couple of La Masia boys who'll probably warm the bench, than paying shitloads of money in transfers that will be in the starting lineup almost by decree...

So, the only remaining player is Bravo, which considering we desperately needed another GK and the board had already signed their own choice, it's just understandable that they let Lucho get away with signing him... A consolation price of sorts...

He blocked the Luiz signing (it wouldn't have happened anyway because of PSG, but still). He definitely seems to have more power than Tata did. I really hope the Suarez signing is his signing and not the board's.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He blocked the Luiz signing (it wouldn't have happened anyway because of PSG, but still). He definitely seems to have more power than Tata did. I really hope the Suarez signing is his signing and not the board's.

It was only logical that Lucho was going to automatically have more power than Tata could've...Besides being a former player and coach, he was in a position of leverage when coming into the job due to the club's desperate state

As for Tata, I really think neither side did their homework on the other because it would've never happened in the first place if they had

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
It was only logical that Lucho was going to automatically have more power than Tata could've...Besides being a former player and coach, he was in a position of leverage when coming into the job due to the club's desperate state

As for Tata, I really think neither side did their homework on the other because it would've never happened in the first place if they had

You can also add the fact that Zubi gets to say "I told you so" to the board because while the board had wanted Tata last year, Zubi had wanted Lucho. This gives Zubi more freedom in signings too than last year where his suggestions (like Hummels) were shot down.

Home of Barca Fans