Luis Enrique

Tomchin

Wait why do people get that? Is because they lack something?

hard to imagine a guy that fit getting sick of something
As far as I know any healthy person can get appendicitis at any time (unless the appendix has been removed already of course ;))

JimmyGuitarist

That's not exactly what I was talking about. Style is good. Style is wonderful. But if, during a match, the style isn't working, we need to be able to change it up on the fly. We should never be beating a dead horse (Tiki-Tata with crosses, for example). And the coach needs to be open-minded enough to allow the players to switch it up if need be.

I'm probably just too much of an idealist myself. If I see Barca at any point in a game sit back & cede possession, I get itchy. The game which put Tata in my bad books last season was the 2-1 victory over Real Madrid at the Camp Nou. Barca sat deep & waited for counters, especially in the second half.

If "the coach needs to be open-minded enough to allow the players to switch it up if need be", that'd be awful (in my opinion). It'll be like watching any other team up against a parked-bus trying to crash-bang-wallop there way through, which they did too much under Tata. I love seeing when Barca continue to play with the same level of patience against a bus, even if they haven't created a thing in 20 minutes. As long as the ball's in the opponents half of the pitch for almost the entirety of the game, they have a good chance of eventually scoring.

And there's loads of possibilities when it comes to "switching it up" anyway. Everyone just see's them continue to dominate possession & think they never try different things in games. Possession football's the most unpredictable style of football, you can dictate exactly when to up or slow the pace, your in-possession & out-of-possession formation can almost be completely different. There's loads of subtle differences you can do. I just don't agree with moving completely away from the 2 absolutes: Possession & pressing.

coura

Banned
No problem in appendicitis.

Lucho has carisma and guts. I expect him to have also brains and sharpness.

F

Flavia

He was discharged from the hospital. Said he is "as good as new". Pic from today:

SALIDA-LUIS-ENRIQIE-DE-LA-CLIN_54409801411_54115221154_600_396.jpg

Looking well :)

brockg777

Seems the key to next season will be the Masia lads. Doesn't look like there will be any flashy transfers. I do hope we grab a decent CB, but I really think he's going to depend on the kids.

SeloBarca

Hope he brings back the one touch football and pressing without the ball. One touch forces the other players to move more to give passing alternatives.

Messi should be put on running exercises all preseason.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Hope he brings back the one touch football and pressing without the ball. One touch forces the other players to move more to give passing alternatives.

Messi should be put on running exercises all preseason.
So that he rests during the season :pep:

Home of Barca Fans