Luis Enrique

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, that didn't look too warm but it doesn't matter anyway as long as Lucho is respected. He's a boss, not running a popularity contest.

Alik

Well, that didn't look too warm but it doesn't matter anyway as long as Lucho is respected. He's a boss, not running a popularity contest.

Yes. It's clear that the relationship Lucho has with his players is very different to what Guardiola had; but it does not matter as long as it works.

M

monamou

Guardiola was like a father to the players. There's no comparision. But Lucho obviously has a great relationship with them as well

mssarm

Guardiola was like a father to the players. There's no comparision. But Lucho obviously has a great relationship with them as well

Guardiola was like father figure for them: he was unknown coach and Barca team were underdogs, it was easy to develop that kind of emotional bond. Now we have a legendary team, with most decorated players and we have player who competes with Pele and Maradonna. I don't believe that bond that Guardiola had can be replicated with this team. Even if Guardiola comes back I doubt he will maintain the same bond with the players. Now the best scenario for us is the coach who can motivate the players, keep the star player less ego-centered and disciplined. We might easily have our own Bale/Ronaldo drama if the coach can't control the ego of high ranked players. This season I saw a motivated team, in good physical form and coraborative work from our star players and that's all I care about. Will Messi and Lucho give each other's a big brotherly hug- I could care less.

Richard.H

A bit off topic but I absolutely love this pic of 3 club legends:

n_f_c_barcelona_xavi_hernandez-2262649.jpg

Drexl

Must've been somewhere between 2000 and 2002. But if I remember correctly, Xavi and Puyi played only once for Spain in 2000.

Last edited:

GoGGi

"Barcelona team doctor Pruna has offers from the Qatari national team and from an English club. Needs to make decision in coming weeks." [ser]

Fuckin Qatari and their money power :angry:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, great. Hope we sever all ties with those terrorist funders when that joke of a shirt deal expires

StarLord

Oh, great. Hope we sever all ties with those terrorist funders when that joke of a shirt deal expires

If we are going to have a sponsor on our shirts (which seems inevitable given the financial realities of the game at present) then I am sure that there are many more corporations/countries much less odious than Qatar that are willing to shell out just as much. This is genuinely a stain on our reputation.

reDIOS10

ffs we are Barcelona. We have been the most successful club in the last decade. I'm pretty sure we can do more than Qatar

Devils

Absolutely no way. Our medical staff have done amazing work, we need to keep them at all costs.

I fucking hate our ties to Qatar. You just know in 4-5 years time they will start throwing stupid amounts of money at Leo to play in their shit league.

Please cut the ties.

Home of Barca Fans