Luis Enrique

PhilS

I love the brilliance in the attacking third, there's no question about it - beautiful attacking football is finally back...But the lack of control as evidenced by how often the Basques were a threat to score remains a concern

Two teams cause the way a match unfolds. Bilboa put on extreme high pressure, most of the game. This led to turnovers by DM Busquets and DM Messi that got Bilboa goals. The flip side was this left Bilboa open to high speed attacks.

Lucho loved this, it guaranteed a big Barca win. Only bad shooting held Barca to 5. If Barca could run and gun every game, they would go 7ndefeated, while giving up some goals.

Culeinho

No offense guys, but your club and it fans has to be the most spoiled group of all time. No other club would be in turmoil with their fans screaming "sack the coach, sack everyone" when you were a "massive" 4 points behind the leader and first place in the group. Its quite sickening to think about actually. But i guess now that you will walk the league things are almost ok again. Enough rant, congrats with the treble already.

lol no other club.. Gareth Bale might disagree with you on that... or even CR7 who still gets booed by some Real fans or ask the Glazers how they feel. It happens everywhere ffs... Also you seem to be ignoring the reasons a lot of us were unhappy with the board... perhaps youd care to remember the transfer ban caused by the board, the comments by some of the board regarding Messi & recent rumours he was unhappy due to the board, the lack of a centre back signing for 4 years, the tax problems and dodgy dealings of Neymar deal thanks to the board, the 'More than just a club' been tarnished, the Qatar deal, the mistreatment of Cruyff, the mishandling of Guardiola, the mishandling of Abidal. We had plenty of reasons to be pissed off and worried by this board that had nothing to do with our teams position or play but when you could see it was also starting to go wrong on the pitch things finally and thankfully came to a head as they would in any top club and soon this rubbish board will be gone as a result. Ok my rant over.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Nah mate , the league is definitely yours. We stand no chance against Real in the Clasico and let alone against atletico in the Calderon.While we are going to drop points left and right , Real is going on a streak and win against everyone with a 5 goal margin. Barcelona will probably be happy if they secure second place.

Good. Doing good work.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
giphy.gif

anguy

Definition of Barca controlled football was Pep, no? If I got the stats right, he won twice in 5 matches at San Mames.
And Lucho's Barca not only marked bigger win than either of Pep's, but also CREATED more than Pep's teams.

OK, but let's keep in mind, that this Atletic is quite poor team. They have problems with LaLiga and Europe. Real won over them 4-0, if I'm not mistaken.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
OK, but let's keep in mind, that this Atletic is quite poor team. They have problems with LaLiga and Europe. Real won over them 4-0, if I'm not mistaken.

That was at the Bernabeu no?

Anyway, Lucho's lineups in our ongoing win streak:

ELUheUj.png

hardyboy

Luis Enrique: "Would I sign for another 3-2 against Villarreal, like in Liga? A win would be good, but I'd never sign anything beforehand."

Luis Enrique: "Madrid losing and players partying? I don't talk about other teams, except when we play against them."

Luis Enrique: "Renewal Dani Alves? Don't talk about contract issues in public. That's the best for both parties. Player is calm, club too."

Luis Enrique: "Suarez adds a lot, creates many scoring chances, takes part in all attacks. It's his first year, we're happy with him."

Luis Enrique: "A coach is almost never happy. Only at the end of the season, if he has reached the objectives."

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
His Celta team was the same. First 19 games of the season they were in 15th position in the table. Last 19 games of the season they would have been 6th. Peaking at the right time this season. Of course not having Cesc in the squad anymore also helps in that regard.

That cesc second half of the season thing is complete BS. First of all it was a pure coincidence, secondly why we're all the others poor second half of the season aswell?

We were poor second half of the season because our team was lethargic and unmotivated, and some managers went crazy with their tactics.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
We were poor second half of the season because our team was lethargic and unmotivated, and some managers went crazy with their tactics.

By the business end of the last two seasons, most of the players, not just Cesc, were spent and fatigued after a fantastic start to the season.

L

linetty

Luis Enrique: "Would I sign for another 3-2 against Villarreal, like in Liga? A win would be good, but I'd never sign anything beforehand."

Luis Enrique: "Madrid losing and players partying? I don't talk about other teams, except when we play against them."

Luis Enrique: "Renewal Dani Alves? Don't talk about contract issues in public. That's the best for both parties. Player is calm, club too."

Luis Enrique: "Suarez adds a lot, creates many scoring chances, takes part in all attacks. It's his first year, we're happy with him."

Luis Enrique: "A coach is almost never happy. Only at the end of the season, if he has reached the objectives."
He improved our game and his pressers!

Lucho :worthy:

i_bleed_blaugrana

Whew, man Lucho for a second it was really looking like Roma but finally we got the Celta Lucho!! :lucho:

It's all starting to make sense now, and I'm glad he finally found some resemblance of a starting 11. People say that we are playing more direct but we are still bossing possession in the high 60s to low 70s which is remarkable considering how direct our attacks are. While Pep built this team more from the Iniesta, Xavi, Messi, Busquets diamond and creating scoring opportunities through coordinated passing moves, Lucho's idea is to get the ball to the dangermen as quickly as possible and let the players use their creativity more is an interesting subtlety. I think this style, while less intricate and cohesive, is easier to allow players to express themselves (Neymar, Rafinha, Suarez, etc.) and easier to adapt to then Pep's.

Also, we are far from the most spoiled fans. It's just league play doesn't always equate to performance in Europe. What jaded me was having Bayern absolutely humiliate Barça despite us winning La Liga. So that's why people were bitching before when it wasn't looking cohesive at all, no more than a month ago. This is one of the quickest turn arounds I've seen from a team as far as rise in form and performance. So equally, Lucho deserved all the criticism he had when the team wasn't performing and he deserves all the credit for finally finding a dicernable style and player combinations.

It will be in the Ides of March that we will see ft it's trophy talk time. I think we have the potential right now to get a big result in the first leg against City, and with Real on the ropes right now, we can deliver the hammer blow to them at the Camp Nou and knock out City and come into the quarter finals with a reestablished fear factor throughout Europe.

Lucho just needs to keep the squad healthy, rotate wisely and keep us in form and in confidence. It really is staring to look real.

BBZ8800

10 wins in a row.

Even though, my concern is, we all whined because of too many rotations in the first part of the Season, but now, MSN plays all the time.
With la liga, cup and CL, they won't have too much energy in April and May.

Tonight's match was a perfect match to rest Ney, for example.
It is better to rest key 1-2 players in cup matches than in La liga matches.

Ney is clearly fatigued currently, and Messi will be soon.
I am slightly afraid that Lucho will do rotations in the wrong match, on away match, and that we will have another Sociedad's match soon.

Other rotations are good currently (Rafinha, Bartra, even Mats).
But playing MSN trio all the time raises some doubts.

Siberia

Neymar had to play this game because Villareal is much stronger than Levante. He'll probably be rested against Levante, with pedro in his place

F

Flavia

10 wins in a row.

Even though, my concern is, we all whined because of too many rotations in the first part of the Season, but now, MSN plays all the time.
With la liga, cup and CL, they won't have too much energy in April and May.

Tonight's match was a perfect match to rest Ney, for example.
It is better to rest key 1-2 players in cup matches than in La liga matches.

Ney is clearly fatigued currently, and Messi will be soon.
I am slightly afraid that Lucho will do rotations in the wrong match, on away match, and that we will have another Sociedad's match soon.

Other rotations are good currently (Rafinha, Bartra, even Mats).
But playing MSN trio all the time raises some doubts.

I think Neymar will be rested against Levante. Messi also might not play the whole game. Pique also needs some rest. We'll see.

Home of Barca Fans