Luis Enrique

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Completely Lucho will be to blame as well, but it is worrying how much power the players at Barca seem to have. In reality they hold more power than any coach that can come in and they know it.

Its scary.

Unless the coach is/was one of the Pep era squad. I think the players would respect Xavi, if he became coach. But it remains to be seen if Xavi can cut it as a manager after he retires.

JamDav1982

Why are they dangerous times? The fans know Lucho is garbage, so do the players. They challenge him because he doesn't know what he's doing. Pep won the players respect with results. You trusted Pep. Nobody trusts Lucho.

Dangerous times as these are a group of players that have more power than any manager the club can bring in.

This is not the first time this has happened. If you believe the stories out there then this has been going on since Peps time.

Cant get to the top like that.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
That can be solved by moving the old guard out and rebuilding (hopefully with a sporting director that knows what he's doing) with younger, more humble players.

JamDav1982

That can be solved by moving the old guard out and rebuilding (hopefully with a sporting director that knows what he's doing) with younger, more humble players.

I totally agree.

Sick of listening to stories about players moaning if Barca change tactics, moaning if they let go of a particular coach/physio etc. Even sometimes asking players like Messi if he is happy with the choice of manager or a player signing.

Players at Barca have won the lot and have far too much say in what goes on. Its not healthy for a winning club.

F

Flavia

We at least had control of the game even if we were unimaginative in the final third and sloppy everywhere else.
We didn't have control. La real let us have the ball, and defended without much trouble.

Dangerous times as these are a group of players that have more power than any manager the club can bring in.

This is not the first time this has happened. If you believe the stories out there then this has been going on since Peps time.

Any group of players have more power than a manager. If they are a unit and rebel against a coach, for whatever reason, there's not much a coach can do. I've seen lesser sides get a manager fired by doing that. Here in Brazil is really common.

F

Flavia

I totally agree.

Sick of listening to stories about players moaning if Barca change tactics, moaning if they let go of a particular coach/physio etc. Even sometimes asking players like Messi if he is happy with the choice of manager or a player signing.

Players at Barca have won the lot and have far too much say in what goes on. Its not healthy for a winning club.

They have say in nothing... If they had, the board wouldn't had fired Txema, an old favorite of the players. All star players from all teams get asked about new teammates and coach, this is not only with Barça players. You're making a fuss out of nothing. This is not the issue. The incompetent board is the issue.

JamDav1982

We didn't have control. La real let us have the ball, and defended without much trouble.

Any group of players have more power than a manager. If they are a unit and rebel against a coach, for whatever reason, there's not much a coach can do. I've seen lesser sides get a manager fired by doing that. Here in Brazil is really common.

The Barca players under Pep never had more power, nor do the players at Bayern now.

There will always be an element that players can control the future of the manager but at Barca it seems to have gone to a new level. If the stories are true then possible managers and certain signings are passed by Messi. While Xavi seems to have a huge reluctance to back anyone who wants to change the style of play. Then there is the stories of players wanting certain coachs etc.

It has got out of hand in my opinion and players have far too much power.

hamad138

Banned

If any Players thinks he has more Power than the Coach , ur Team is doomed, even if it is messi.

Read Ferguson book, he said if that happens u have lost in day 1. These Players needs to be sold or u will never get anything.

Im also afraid that in Barcelona Players have too much rights( In Pep books its written that messi had too much power), but im sure if Mourinho, Van Gaal were here, they would be scared because these manager have won something, unlike Lucho.

JamDav1982

They have say in nothing... If they had, the board wouldn't had fired Txema, an old favorite of the players. All star players from all teams get asked about new teammates and coach, this is not only with Barça players. You're making a fuss out of nothing. This is not the issue. The incompetent board is the issue.

Sacking Txema doesnt show they have input in nothing. It may well show that they dont have a say in absolutely everything.

Not one team in the world do I hear more about players opinions in press - from style of play, to the staff hired/fired. There seems to be a player opinion on everything.

I agree its the boards fault - they have kept the same group of players for too long and gave too much power to the main men.

This happens at almost every winning team and they have been slow to show power and to freshen up the squad and the main players.

F

Flavia

The Barca players under Pep never had more power, nor do the players at Bayern now.

There will always be an element that players can control the future of the manager but at Barca it seems to have gone to a new level. If the stories are true then possible managers and certain signings are passed by Messi. While Xavi seems to have a huge reluctance to back anyone who wants to change the style of play. Then there is the stories of players wanting certain coachs etc.

It has got out of hand in my opinion and players have far too much power.

In those stories you believe??? Right. The players have no say in those things. If they did, Tata wouldn't had come, for starters. Or Lucho. It's all BS, and I'm surprised you think these stories might have any truth in them.

F

Flavia

Sacking Txema doesnt show they have input in nothing. It may well show that they dont have a say in absolutely everything.

Not one team in the world do I hear more about players opinions in press - from style of play, to the staff hired/fired. There seems to be a player opinion on everything.

I agree its the boards fault - they have kept the same group of players for too long and gave too much power to the main men.

This happens at almost every winning team and they have been slow to show power and to freshen up the squad and the main players.

So they have no say regarding Txema, the guy who took care of the kits, but have regarding the coaches or players signed? C'mon, jamdav, enough trolling :lol:

hamad138

Banned
In those stories you believe??? Right. The players have no say in those things. If they did, Tata wouldn't had come, for starters. Or Lucho. It's all BS, and I'm surprised you think these stories might have any truth in them.

Messi has choosen/approved Tata, and the players were even asked about Lucho. That is true

F

Flavia

Messi has choosen/approved Tata, and the players were even asked about Lucho. That is true

Messi didn't choose anyone. And of course the players were asked about lucho. As they were about tata, tito. The press always ask them.

Home of Barca Fans