Luis Enrique

BBZ8800

Is the problem the style of play though or were we just not executing properly?

Both a formation and players.

But, 433 is outdated and even with best players in the world, we would struggle with it.
On the other hand, some of our players are unmotivated and have flaws, but they could work better in some different system/formation.

So, a formation is totally wrong, dead, neutralized and outdated.
Players have some flaws, but they can play much better in other systems.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
1. Lucho doesn't have the balls to kick dead stars out of the team
Because there aren't players who can replace them
2. Lucho doesn't have the balls to stop playing Pep's 433
It's not Pep's formation, I believe even under Van Gaal we played this formation, because it's formation for attacking football.
3. Lucho doesn't have any tactical ideas what to do with our team
Or maybe current players can't execute his ideas? What he tried to do is avoid teams parking the bus against us, tried to play through the wings, utilizy Alba and Alves, make crosses, didn't really work, once in Liga he tried to beat the offside trap, we had like 6 offsides, didn't really work, ppl here say that he has to change things, the way I see it he is trying to change things, but we don't have players for that or players don't execute his ideas properly.
4. we have a transfer Ban, current players are unmotivated, old and they lost the faith. Younger players are either not ready or they are both not ready and not good enough.
There is still hope, we have an appeal coming in December 4th.
The future (next 2 Seasons) doesn't look bright.
I wouldn't say so, I'm still looking forward when Neymar-Messi-Suarez triangle will start to score tons of goal, it's just a matter of time.

Last edited:

Chainsaw

Killahead
No formation is outdated. They were saying the same thing about 3-5-2 around 10 years ago and yet we see several teams using it nowdays and winning titles. Formations are mere numbers. How the team function under these numbers is what that matters.

ceco322

The thing bothers me the most is the "I am the boss " attitude he shows in post-match interviews , I don't see him a coach who takes note from his mistakes . Still can't understand why the board chose this guy as our manager , he destroyed Roma and he didn't do great in Celta either . De Boer could've been the best option for us ,

Man you absolutely right except for De Boer. De Boer in all these years with Ajax win only titles in Netherlands a what about Europa League, Champions league and also he trained one team. Also i forget to say why Lucho is stupid coach, becouse he make stupid decisions. Why used Messi like playmaker/attaking midfielder and not like second striker/central forward thats is main postition? Why use unexperience players like Douglas in such an important match like that with Malaga? Why used old smoker like Matio for left back in match with Real Madrid? Why use young unexperience in bad shape players like Rafinha and Roberto in important matches? Why OUT Neymar in match with Malaga and IN Sandro WTF doing Enrique? Why buy a permanent injury reserve from Arsenal like Vermaelen for 20 mil.?

Gaudi

No formation is outdated. They were saying the same thing about 3-5-2 around 10 years ago and yet we see several teams using it nowdays and winning titles. Formations are mere numbers. How the team function under these numbers is what that matters.

Couldn't agree more, and I hate drawing formations because at the end of the day if coach doesn't Know his players the best anything else is pointless. But I will try since lot of people did:
How about something like this:
2rg1ily.jpg

So, total fluidity, false 9, false 10, false MR, false DC/DL and false DM...to be honest I was stuned how Bayern played in Rome so it was inspired by that.
Also this tactic could change flanks, instead of MR (Pedro) everything can shift to left (Alba as ML) and without MR so you keep opposition guessing.

M

Madara Uchiha

His attitude is the number one thing stopping him and the team from improving. It won't happen unless he changes his attitude completely. Which I doubt he'll do, because it seems to be his character. The post match comments really say enough for anyone who knows how to interpret them. While everyone else sees fundamental problems and mistakes in tactics, he usually sees "individual mistakes" and "no luck" as the reasons for why a game turned out wrong. You can't count on such a coach to improve. He's the wrong guy for the job, and the sooner everyone realizes that, the better for the team. It's a shame and a sin to waste our players' good years like this.

On another note, a 4-2-3-1 with Mascherano-Messi-Busquets in midfield wouldn't work. We're having problems with midfield now, what do you expect from a lineup with no real midfield at all? I know Messi drops deep, but he's not a midfielder and if we pull him even further back, we'll only waste his talents even more.

Barca's strength is midfield and we need to make that happen again. Fuck the touchlines. We need to start penetrating through the middle again. It can be done, you just need to not waste the players you have on disposal.

Not any more. Xavi is past it, and Busquets and Iniesta aren't what they were a few years ago either. Barca's current strength is the front line.

On another note, anyone else sick of the board gambling with no name coaches? It's already failed twice in a row. Just because we hit the jackpot with Pep doesn't mean every no name coach is going to turn out like him.

Last edited:

DrPepper

Not any more. Xavi is past it, and Busquets and Iniesta aren't what they were a few years ago either. Barca's current strength is the front line.

Well yeah, but it's too easy to simply say that Busquets and Iniesta aren't good enough anymore. I'm fairly sure a good manager emphasising their strengths would be able to make them perform again. People said Godin and Miranda were shit in 2011, but then Simeone came and made them the best CB pairing in the world.

On another note, anyone else sick of the board gambling with no name coaches? It's already failed twice in a row. Just because we hit the jackpot with Pep doesn't mean every no name coach is going to turn out like him.

True. Pep was a once in a lifetime fairytale story. Catalan, Ex-captain, great playmaker, best microtactician. No one will ever be as perfect as Guardiola.

But by the way, what about Laudrup? Was doing amazing work at Swansea (won more titles than Arsenal) and has Barca history.

gatsu

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2014/11/03/primera/1414984965_284498.html

It's from as(s) , but regarding the current events it's still very credible.

Basically it says, that some key players from the squad are doubting Lucho, the preparation for the El classico was not good and there is a lack of communication between the coach and the players.

Some players feel that they are removed (put on the sideline) for personal considerations.

But by the way, what about Laudrup?

It was always my first choice, he is very competent tactically and a true midfield lover.

Last edited:

Egert

Estonian Culé
Sports director Zubizarreta met yesterday with Luis Enrique to discuss the situation of the team. [via md]

Barcilliant

We hit the jackpot with Rijkaard too. He was a big gamble but started the club's transformation.

However I agree-we need to get a big manager who knows his shit and a different board.

BBZ8800

We hit the jackpot with Rijkaard too. He was a big gamble but started the club's transformation.

However I agree-we need to get a big manager who knows his shit and a different board.

We hit the jackpot with Rijkaard and Pep, but they both came in the moment when we needed something new and fresh.
And they started new cycles.

Our board doesn't think that we need something new, this is why they hired Lucho, because he is similar to our style.
He will try to keep the ideas that worked in 2008 with 2-3 new ideas (like Mcs babysitting for fullbacks).
The board don't think that our cycle is finished and they will just try to "repair" the current problems.

Well yeah, but it's too easy to simply say that Busquets and Iniesta aren't good enough anymore. I'm fairly sure a good manager emphasising their strengths would be able to make them perform again. People said Godin and Miranda were shit in 2011, but then Simeone came and made them the best CB pairing in the world.

Iniesta and Busi are not totally finished.
They could play better with some other manager. Maybe.

But they will never be again guys aged 22-23 who are hungry for victories, trophies and awards.
When you win everything (World cup, European cup, Champions league, La Ligas) it is hard to play again the same as 22-23 year old self.
No matter which coach is in your team.

Yes, there are some rare players who perform awesome even at the age of 30+ after winning everything (Puyol, Raul).

But, Ronaldinho was "dead" as a world class player already at the age of 28, when we sold him.
Ronaldinho was on his prime at 24-26. After that, it was all a downhill.

Deco was on his prime at 27-29. After winning the CL in 2006, he was never the same player.
His last 2 years in Barca were poor. His spell in Chelsea after that was poor.

Iniesta is already 30, he will be 31 at the and of the Season.
Deco and Ronaldinho were much younger when fame, trophies, partying and a lack of motivation "ruined" their Barca's career.

Miranda and Godin aren't good examples.
They haven't won World cup, European cup, Champions league titles and similar.
Their motivation isn't lost as Iniesta's, Pique's etc.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2014/11/03/primera/1414984965_284498.html

It's from as(s) , but regarding the current events it's still very credible.

Basically it says, that some key players from the squad are doubting Lucho, the preparation for the El classico was not good and there is a lack of communication between the coach and the players.

Some players feel that they are removed (put on the sideline) for personal considerations.

It was always my first choice, he is very competent tactically and a true midfield lover.

Our players are brats. They seem to have a problem with every manager.

Barcilliant

This is very similar to last season. A sudden downturn in form-everything goes to pieces and the manager is to blame.

Funny how the spotlight is always on the manager but not the players.

Home of Barca Fans