Luis Enrique

Stric

His attitude is the number one thing stopping him and the team from improving. It won't happen unless he changes his attitude completely. Which I doubt he'll do, because it seems to be his character. The post match comments really say enough for anyone who knows how to interpret them. While everyone else sees fundamental problems and mistakes in tactics, he usually sees "individual mistakes" and "no luck" as the reasons for why a game turned out wrong. You can't count on such a coach to improve. He's the wrong guy for the job, and the sooner everyone realizes that, the better for the team. It's a shame and a sin to waste our players' good years like this.

On another note, a 4-2-3-1 with Mascherano-Messi-Busquets in midfield wouldn't work. We're having problems with midfield now, what do you expect from a lineup with no real midfield at all? I know Messi drops deep, but he's not a midfielder and if we pull him even further back, we'll only waste his talents even more.

Barca's strength is midfield and we need to make that happen again. Fuck the touchlines. We need to start penetrating through the middle again. It can be done, you just need to not waste the players you have on disposal.

Kasperroed

His attitude is the number one thing stopping him and the team from improving. It won't happen unless he changes his attitude completely. Which I doubt he'll do, because it seems to be his character. The post match comments really say enough for anyone who knows how to interpret them. While everyone else sees fundamental problems and mistakes in tactics, he usually sees "individual mistakes" and "no luck" as the reasons for why a game turned out wrong. You can't count on such a coach to improve. He's the wrong guy for the job, and the sooner everyone realizes that, the better for the team. It's a shame and a sin to waste our players' good years like this.

On another note, a 4-2-3-1 with Mascherano-Messi-Busquets in midfield wouldn't work. We're having problems with midfield now, what do you expect from a lineup with no real midfield at all? I know Messi drops deep, but he's not a midfielder and if we pull him even further back, we'll only waste his talents even more.

Barca's strength is midfield and we need to make that happen again. Fuck the touchlines. We need to start penetrating through the middle again. It can be done, you just need to not waste the players you have on disposal.

Two words; Rackitic and Busquets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnmqVcP4QOU

MagIX

Same can be said of Fabregas and Alexis, they weren't used properly. They didn't want out, they wanted to be part of the core team.

Semi-Neutral was suggesting keeping Fabregas and buying Rakitic. I do believe Suarez is an improvement, but one at the expense of other parts of the team.

I agree.

We sold Sanchez and Fabregas because we needed cash to buy Suarez, we sold Thiago Alcantara because we needed cash to buy Neymar.

I do not say that Naymar and Suarez aren’t good (their purchase was a top priority? Our main problem has always been the attack?)…. But at what price !! and I do not mean just financially (approx. 150mio! :wacko:) but also looking at who we have given up, especially 2 midfielders that now they would help us a lot (Thiago Alcantara, I still cannot believe we sold him :cry:).

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We didn't sell Thiago(although might have pushed him out). He had a release clause of 18m and wanted to leave for more playing time, especially to be sure to make the Spain WC Squad since a Xavi on painkillers, out of form invisible Cesc and Don would always be ahead of him in the pecking order. So he left.

Alexis on the other hand.....Would have preferred to see Pedro out, but oh well.

I don't get this constant crying about Cesc. It's not like we kicked him out. He wanted to leave himself. His GF's kids from her previous marriage lives in London. He was not happy here and not doing well and performing upto standards either, so he asked to leave and he asked to leave for a team in London. Wenger rejected him because he had Øzil, so Chelsea and Mourinho pounced on the opportunity and got him.

What should they have done? Forced him to stay here? Forced him to stay at Barcelona where he was unhappy? Under pressure because of his underwhelming performances, because of the media and fan pressure? Should we have forced a guy who went to the President and asked him to let him leave, to stay?

I honestly don't get it. I see this so many times. People make it out to be like we sold Cesc, kicked him out, kicked someone who "wanted to stay" out of the club, while the truth is that Cesc asked to be sold so unless you wanted us to force him to stay here, I don't see a point of this crying over him leaving then. The only thing you could argue for is that we didn't replace him well or lack in depth, but that's of course debatable.

Maria

In the end the problem is not that we sold Thiago or Cesc..the problem is that we replaced them with someone who doesn't exactly thrive as a CM. And to think that we were laughing at RM because they sold Di Maria and Oezil and now they are playing so good with Kroos, Modric and Isco. :(

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
How much did pay for Kroos again? 25-30m?

Douglas and Vermaelen cost half of that lol.

BBZ8800

At the end of the year i want entertaining football. That is all i ask, i don't mind another trophy less season as long as we get our shit together and set a clear directive for next season. Lucho said he will play entertaining football so far team looks shit. It is like watching classic west movies in 0.5x speed, so damn slow.

1. We won't play entertaining football.
2. plus, we won't build basics for the next Season because our team is deteriorating and our players individually (some of them) are weaker and weaker each Season.
We just can't build the future on the current set of players.

So, we are currently not in a situation where we have time or options to slightly build the team for the future or for the next Season.
If someone wants a new team for the next Season of for the future, then we should kick out Xavi, Iniesta, Busi, Pique, Alves and similar players and try to do something with other, younger players who are motivated.
So, planning for the future makes sense only if you want to try with new/younger players and with some new formations/tactics.

Playing with Xavi, Iniesta, Busi, Alves and hoping that the next Season will be better and more entertaining makes zero sense.

1. Lucho doesn't have the balls to kick dead stars out of the team
2. Lucho doesn't have the balls to stop playing Pep's 433
3. Lucho doesn't have any tactical ideas what to do with our team
4. we have a transfer Ban, current players are unmotivated, old and they lost the faith. Younger players are either not ready or they are both not ready and not good enough.

The future (next 2 Seasons) doesn't look bright.

I will blame the board also.
It seems that they all still believe in Xavi, Iniesta, Busi, Alves and they haven't bought new/younger players on their positions.
They splashed 200 Millions on Neymar+Suarez.

Everything is wrong with our club.
The board, the coach, players, formation, transfer ban.

Imo, it is more likely that we will hit now the 2nd biggest dark era in our history (the same as in years 1999-2004), than that we will suddenly, magically recover with the current board, coaches and the transfer ban.

Stric

I'm missing your point. I was talking about how Mascherano-Busquets with Messi as AM wouldn't work. Busquets-Rakitić seems like a better idea, but dropping Busquets and playing Mascherano-Rakitić makes even more sense to me. Busquets hasn't been doing very well for a while now, and Mascherano is exactly the type of security we need in our defensive midfield. Still, I am against using Mesi instead of another AM. He needs to play in front of the AM. And regarding your link, everyone agreed that Kovač used Rakitić and Modrić the wrong way around, and somehow managed to cancel out their strong points and accentuate their weaknesses. Rakitić is the more offensive of the two and he should never be used as a DM. I saw that tried out with Croatia many times and it never worked. Rakitić is an attacking player and excels as CAM or a bit wider out. An attacking role with DM reinforcement behind would suit him nicely.

Last edited:

Kasperroed

I'm missing your point. I was talking about how Mascherano-Busquets with Messi as AM wouldn't work. Busquets-Rakitić seems like a better idea, but dropping Busquets and playing Mascherano-Rakitić makes even more sense to me. Busquets hasn't been doing very well for a while now, and Mascherano is exactly the type of security we need in our defensive midfield. Still, I am against using Mesi instead of another AM. He needs to play in front of the AM. And regarding your link, everyone agreed that Kovač used Rakitić and Modrić the wrong way around, and somehow managed to cancel out their strong points and accentuate their weaknesses. Rakitić is the more offensive of the two and he should never be used as a DM. I saw that tried out with Croatia many times and it never worked. Rakitić is an attacking player and excels as CAM or a bit wider out. An attacking role with DM reinforcement behind would suit him nicely.

The problem is just that we need Mascherano as a CB. Busquets has looked bad due to the other midfielders going wide.

DennyCrane

In the end the problem is not that we sold Thiago or Cesc..the problem is that we replaced them with someone who doesn't exactly thrive as a CM. And to think that we were laughing at RM because they sold Di Maria and Oezil and now they are playing so good with Kroos, Modric and Isco. :(

Kroos and Modric wouldn't help the team that much either though if they are told to move diagonally up towards the touchline a.k.a goof around on the wing as the current midfielders are. Madrid are playing so well atm because they have found a basic matchplan that works for them and acts as a multiplicator, as Sacchi would put it, where players are utilized to their strengths and where different player types are properly incorporated. In other words, Kroos doesn't play the wing.

In the end, one either buys players who fit a system or build a system around the players one has, yet somehow Barca manages to do neither of which; which in turn has a lot to do with executive influence on transfers and coaches not recognizing player potential. And yet, the fact that such a basic principle every other elite club adheres to has to be articulated in Barcaland serves to outline the state of stagnancy.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Kroos and Modric wouldn't help the team that much either though if they are told to move diagonally up towards the touchline a.k.a goof around on the wing as the current midfielders are. Madrid are playing so well atm because they have found a basic matchplan that works for them and acts as a multiplicator, as Sacchi would put it, where players are utilized to their strengths and where different player types are properly incorporated. In other words, Kroos doesn't play the wing.

In the end, one either buys players who fit a system or build a system around the players one has, yet somehow Barca manages to do neither of which; which in turn has a lot to do with executive influence on transfers and coaches not recognizing player potential. And yet, the fact that such a basic principle every other elite club adheres to has to be articulated in Barcaland serves to outline the state of stagnancy.

Well said.

BBZ8800

But, as someone said on previous pages, the story goes this way:
1. we played 433
-- it worked good, and teams didn't know how to defend against us
2. teams learned over time how to neutralize our 433, but also, how to counter our 433 and create counterattacks and chances against us
3. and now Lucho tries to create a formation which will counter the opponent's formation which is already countering our original formation

So, basically:
1. we had one formation
2. our opponents made formations not around their strengths, but only to neutralize us
3. and now, we are building a new formation, not around our strengths, but around our opponent's formations and how to neutralize their formations which are neutralizing our original formation

On the other hand, Real Madrid don't have all this mess, and they don't have these formations who are countering 1000 other things.

They have just built a simple formation that multiplies their strengths.
And they play brilliantly.

It is the moment for us to find a new tactic/formation and let our opponents to counter us, and not us countering them.

But for a new formation we need to:
= say goodbye to Pep's era once and for all
(All this mess about countering is here, because we want to stick with our glory 433 formation. And we are creating 1000 new variations of 433 just to keep it.)

Good bye Pep's era, please

Last edited:

ceco322

I think Lucho is sucks like coach. I think that we need of better coach like Didier Deschamps, Antonio Conte, Marcelo Bielsa, Laurent Blanc, Jürgen Klopp, Roberto Martinez and formations 3-5-2-(3-2-3-2), 4-4-2 (dimond) and 3-4-3 (flat). Minimum 4 midfielders best 5 midfielders in that way we will control better game. Look others clubs and national teams they all used formation with 4 and 5 midfilders most used formation in modern football are 4-2-3-1, 4-4-2, 3-5-2, 3-4-3, 4-1-4-1, 4-3-3 and best balance are 3-5-2, 4-1-4-1 4-4-2, 3-4-3.

amircule

The thing bothers me the most is the "I am the boss " attitude he shows in post-match interviews , I don't see him a coach who takes note from his mistakes . Still can't understand why the board chose this guy as our manager , he destroyed Roma and he didn't do great in Celta either . De Boer could've been the best option for us ,

Home of Barca Fans