Nosce te ipsum
If we manage to steal the league this season and add the Cup, it will be;
Treble
Double
Double

In all honesty that's a successful era.

Thanks Lucho and all the best.

Sepuldinho

Thanks Lucho for everything. hopefully the team will be motivated and won the domestic double for him.

Sampaoli pls.

blastandburn

Telling myself that Barca would be better off with Lucho but now that's official, I don't know what to feel. Who would be the best replacement?

snowy

Was rooting for Bielsa but his Lille deal is locked n loaded. Starts in July. Chihuahua Pearl Sampa hails from the same school and he's less loco so would be a safer fit overall.

Good on Lucho to issue the announcement after a dominating win. Always better to do so from a position of relative force. Right after the PSG defeat would've been the worst timing ever. Think the team will do their best to say adios with a Paso Doble and joder, let's dream big and shoot for the treble :hooray:

Neeraj

I think Lucho has been waiting for this sort of a scoreline for a while now, He might have expected it weeks earlier, but we kept playing like shit and scraping Messi-victories (pun intended :p). I think it is a strategic move by Lucho to get one last hurrah from the players; we need that little bit extra infused into the team and I guess he hopes this announcement provides that juice.

The board now has ample time to look for a new coach, they better not mess this up.

Yashar1899

I dont know about his reign here.. obviously im thankful for the treble, but its extreamly egoistic of a coach to buy old players and never play young ones from the academy,thinking only about his 3-4 years span and not giving a flying fuck about the club which is paying him loads of money. Either way its time to go.. lets see how well he ll do outside barca.

Our Management Ordered and Love this type of football!

Nucky

#GraciasLucho !! He won everything with Barca and for this season I just hope he says goodbye with domestic double. :barcascarf: Now bring on Sampaoli!

ejuventus

what can be a good moment for such comunication ??

at the end of the season?
that would be being not sincere in the last 3 months with the players, people who, every day, you divide all the day with in a work in which tension is always present

The problem was not because of Lucho but his inability to bring new ideas to the team. I think the players were getting lackluster because of that. They wanted new methods and practical way to deal with aggressive pressing which was haunting barca for a long time. Bielsa created it, Mourinho perfected it, and latter Simeone and rest of these coaches (Unai Emry, Ernesto Valverde and others) followed it. And it’s sad to see every single club is utilizing this tactics to defeat us. Now we need more dynamic coach, who has the mettle to overcome these situations and bring in more interesting football.

I would go for Bielsa, but he's too crazy for his ideas and may cause conflict in the dressing room. Or else Sampaoli, who is great tactician. But I do have another name, ridiculous to think - Roger Schmidt.

Professor Chaos

C53PQYIWcAogFcT.jpg

:troll:

Messi983

I will thank Lucho at the end of the season, he still has some work to do before that.

As for his successor, here is my current list of preferences...

1. Sampaoli
2. Oscar Garcia
3. Eusebio
4. Sarri
5. Berizzo
6. Valverde
7. Blanc
8. Allegri
9. Cocu
10. Koeman
11. Unzue
100000. Wenger

Messi983

I knew I'll forgot someone.

Marcelino, ex Villarreal coach. I'd probably put him between Berizzo and Valverde.

Kuchi

The trophies were mostly due to player quality in clutch moments, of course Lucho and his staff have the merit of preparing them physically and mentally in order for the players to deliver.

As Pep used to say, it's the players that bring it home, not him, this was even more clear under Lucho.

Looking back at that 3-0 against Bayern or the 4-0 on Bernaleu... good times.. but we are dead tactically and it's the right call.

Thank you Lucho, you will forever have our respect.

Home of Barca Fans