Luis Enrique quits after this season!

Devils

It seems like our current Sporting Department likes to throw links to the media and get everyone up in a stir and then pull off a surprise out of nowhere.

I believe these names being thrown out now are a smokescreen.

I'm putting my money on Sampaoli.

Mitchell1978

Good decision, now is the right time for him to leave.
His time with Barça was a succes but its clear the team need a fresh set of ideas.

serghei

Sampaoli is just a great fit atm.

1) Tactically sound
2) Plays good football
3) Has personality and charisma
4) Is a winner
5) Is not too old
6) Speaks fluently a latin language
7) Has experience in La Liga already
8) Has worked with top players
9) Is extremely hungry for success

and, the key one,

10) Can be got.

No other manager scores that well in all these areas.

Last edited:

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Guess Sevilla will try to speed up his renewal now to calm the speculations. I think I will die a bit inside if he does accept it. No better choice than him. Not even close.

Antimadridista1

Thank you Lucho for everything. He's leaving at the right moment. Another season would've been really bad.

Ahora, queremos SAMPAOLI !

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Guess Sevilla will try to speed up his renewal now to calm the speculations. I think I will die a bit inside if he does accept it. No better choice than him. Not even close.

They have made him an offer already, but he has deferred it for now. Was asked about it again today, but said that's something he won't think about right now as it wasn't related to their game.

I guess he might be playing the waiting game to see if that call from Barcelona arrives.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
Definitely playing the waiting game.

About Lucho: He did a great job over the course of 3 seasons. Also great timing to quit while he is ahead and allowing Barca's reinvigoration through a new coach.
This job takes it toll. Hope he has a great sabbatical.

Last edited:

Devils

Bartomeu: "In the summer Luis Enrique communicated to Albert Soler and Robert Fernandez that this could be his last year..." #fcblive

With the hints that Sampaoli has been dropping and given his contract situation, it wouldn't surprise me if the club had been in contact with him for months now.

Richard.H

It amazes me a team like Barcelona makes such dumb choices with coaches/players (referring to the Sampaoli situation, not Lucho)

Grego

Sampaoli or Xaviiiiiii!!! :xavi: Maybe too early for Xavi, but damn, that's what we need! His philosophy...

Horatio

You're welcome
Sampaoli or Xaviiiiiii!!! :xavi: Maybe too early for Xavi, but damn, that's what we need! His philosophy...

For Xavi we would need a huge overhaul. We need a coach that can build on what we have bar 1 or 2 players.

Asylum15

I think it would be nice to have a manager who is a bit 'crazy' passionate so to speak. (Sampaoli)

In-still the same fire into some of our squad!

jairzinho

I want Sampaoli but the guy has just started fresh in Seville and they're doing great. The players and fans there love him. I dnt think he will screw them over like that, even though the offer from Barca is tempting.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Thank you for everything you did for us Lucho, the treble won't be forgotten. You are a Barça legend through and through, you gave your best as a player and a manager. Best wishes and good luck!

Home of Barca Fans