Luciano Vietto

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I'm happy for the arrival of a player of his quality, even if it comes at the expense of Munir. I'm just not certain he's the ideal fit for what is actually needed.

Still, he has a promising future which makes the signing a smart one going forward - just think the Nolito option was the smarter one

Stric

I don't see why we as supporters should be terribly concerned with how much a player costs (it's not as if the money is coming out of our pockets), as long as the price tag isn't impeding other, more important transfers. And right now, having already bought Gomes, Umtiti and Digne, we're pretty much covered. Although, the one position where I think we need the most strengthening is the RB, but the club and Lucho obviously aren't even considering a RB signing this summer, so it's pointless to discuss whether paying X for Vietto means we can't buy a RB.

Besides, I honestly can't see a scenario in which Vietto would not be a significant improvement of the squad.

And the prices have become so incredibly inflated that all these signings we've made and we're trying to make seems very reasonably priced.

Xavinho

I'm happy for the arrival of a player of his quality, even if it comes at the expense of Munir. I'm just not certain he's the ideal fit for what is actually needed.

Still, he has a promising future which makes the signing a smart one going forward - just think the Nolito option was the smarter one

I feel the same aside from the part about Nolito.

I don't see why we as supporters should be terribly concerned with how much a player costs (it's not as if the money is coming out of our pockets)

Supporters are concerned because they're emotionally invested in the success of their club, and the club has limited resources. I don't see why a fan wouldn't be concerned about the financial well being of their club.

gun-powder

Before that we need our own players to learn how to deliver a decent cross :lol:

Looool but that easy to learn but we will face the same problem when other team park the bus , we just keep passing and trying to penetrate from the middle

we need tall man and is good in the air

jairzinho

Excited about the arrival of Vietto aswell. But as far as Nolito is concerned, i think the club were influenced by the fact that he turns 30 in 3 months. Very good player, but not one for the future i guess.

barcanuck

Would much rather have Gemeiro, Atletico did a nice piece of business there.

1 goal in 1000 minutes in La Liga for Vietto doesn't exactly scream excitement.

jairzinho

Would much rather have Gemeiro, Atletico did a nice piece of business there.

1 goal in 1000 minutes in La Liga for Vietto doesn't exactly scream excitement.

I'm not that good with all the stats so forgive me. But did he not score 20 or so goals while on loan at Villareal ? The guy has shown he can score goals.

Interlop

I would rather we buy a target man, someone in the mold of Mandzukic or Mario Gomez. Think about it, when a team parks the bus against us like Atletico, will Vietto bring something new to the play to help break their defense? I don't think so... At least with players like Mario Gomez, you know you can whip a cross in and maybe he'll score a header, it gives us new solutions at least...

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It's gonna be hilarious, if he chooses Sevilla over us in the end lol

It is very possible, Gameiro didn't play the friendly against SV Sandhausen today and is expected to be joining Atletico soon, and it is said that Sevilla would not have done that if they had not secured someone.

Even though I am not that enthusiastic about us getting Vietto, I wonder if the club has a plan B should Vietto decide to join Sevilla.

F

Flavia

It is very possible, Gameiro didn't play the friendly against SV Sandhausen today and is expected to be joining Atletico soon, and it is said that Sevilla would not have done that if they had not secured someone.

Even though I am not that enthusiastic about us getting Vietto, I wonder if the club has a plan B should Vietto decide to join Sevilla.
Apparently is Jonas from Benfica. He's 32, though.

Home of Barca Fans