Lucas Leiva

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
First Enrique is the best, then Caroll, now Tiote?

What's next, you are going to start ranting incoherently about how much Villa sucks and start accusing every other player of being a racist?

No because we've also been linked with Villa :rofl1:

RedMadridista

The Troll Hunter
I'm sure Essien and Owen had the same injury that Lucas has... and look what happened with them.

The question is... Will he be the same player?

W

Worms

I'm sure Essien and Owen had the same injury that Lucas has... and look what happened with them.

The question is... Will he be the same player?

I don't know,has anybody got any examples of players getting the same injury and coming back just as good as before or better?

zanela

Your manager is at fault, really. Why would you start a player who put in a gruelling shift only 48 hours prior? If there was anyone needed resting after such intense league fixture, it was Lucas. The onus is on the manager to conserve his more important resources and use them wisely over the course of a season. And the League should always take priority. Poor decision by Kenny.

Wishing him a quick recovery!

abual3bed1

Your manager is at fault, really. Why would you start a player who put in a gruelling shift only 48 hours prior? If there was anyone needed resting after such intense league fixture, it was Lucas. The onus is on the manager to conserve his more important resources and use them wisely over the course of a season. And the League should always take priority. Poor decision by Kenny.

Wishing him a quick recovery!

it's not the manager fault .. if it wasn't for that hit with Mata I guess .. he wouldn't get injured .. Lucas was doing great until that ..

zanela

it's not the manager fault .. if it wasn't for that hit with Mata I guess .. he wouldn't get injured .. Lucas was doing great until that ..

He was carrying tired legs from the city game, and whatever collision 48 hrs later must 've made things only worse. All this could 've be been averted, had he not played him, not in a third priorty fixture. I blame the manager.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
He was carrying tired legs from the city game, and whatever collision 48 hrs later must 've made things only worse. All this could 've be been averted, had he not played him, not in a third priorty fixture. I blame the manager.

We haven't won a trophy in 6 years.....it wasn't a third priority fixture.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Have you forgotten that Xavi had this injury before?

Xavi's game is totally different to Lucas' though. Lucas has to alternate between jogging and sprinting much more, and of course launch himself into physical challenges as well. all of that could be affected by this injury - I hope it isn't, but all we can do is wait and see.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Terrible... Just terrible

Always backed the player, and now when he is finally attracting all the applauds he had to endure this terrible injury :(

zanela

We haven't won a trophy in 6 years.....it wasn't a third priority fixture.

I can understand the Championship sides, & a club with not-so flattering past like City taking this comp seriously. But a club of Liverpool's stature and history, should be aspiring bigger and better. And the best thing that can happen to your club at this moment would be breakin' in to the CL bracket once again. And you won't achieve it, with small cup distractions and losing your best players as a result. You lack the squad and strength in depth to be competing on all fronts. Thats when you prioritize. I don't want to demean any comp, but League Cup really is a third-priority comp for those with bigger league ambition. The ideal thing is playing your youngsters and bringing in a few first teamers in the semis/finals. Considering Chelsea's struggling form, you could 've beaten them even without the likes of Lucas and Suarez. Now you've progressed to the semis, but at the expense of losing one of your imp players (most imp imo) for the rest of the season. You now face the risk of being eliminated by City and falling short in your League objective. So, it's something of a lose-lose situation for you. It's likely you might bring in a Jan replacement. But who's to say the new signing 'd start to deliver right away, or if at all.
Besides, the League Cup (if you do manage to win it) will end your barren run, but that won't be enough to retain your best player. The best in the world want to be featuring in the biggest of competitions and feel they've a realistic chance at winning them. Attaining CL footie would be a start, and a position to attract better players and improve further. Birmingham City won the League Cup last season, where are they now? Would Suarez rather win the League Cup, or play in the CL next season, ask yourself? You def can't achieve both tho. You don't 've the quality/squad for it. Which is y i blamed you manager for not acting prudent when it mattered, and having lost a very imp player, would mean another season with no European comp to offer your players.

Home of Barca Fans