Lucas Digne

Co0ter

It's the home grown virus. I'm glad that didn't affect the Umtiti thread. But it would have, if he had a bad display with france. Digne is young. If he's a bad fit, he can be sold. And if he's signed, it'lll be to be a backup, not a starter, so I don't get the fuss. The market is inflated, 20m isn't that much.

You mean he rides out his contract then leaves for free or 1/5 what we paid?

Lucho is absolutely not good at rotating players, last season was especially clear on that.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Lucho rotated like a madman in his first season though, at least until January.

I think we'll be back to those different lineups every week again :lol:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Different lineups every week was fun as long as it lasted.... Last season poor lad did not have any good players on the bench to do that. I hope it would be back, the lunatic style of not repeating a line-up. Lucho surely has an affinity for the math

F

Flavia

You mean he rides out his contract then leaves for free or 1/5 what we paid?

Lucho is absolutely not good at rotating players, last season was especially clear on that.

He did that pretty well during the treble season.

xXKonan

Well this season coming up it with the new signings and future signings it will give Lucho, a lot more options for him to rotate a lot more.

Last season 2015/16 we didn't have the squad to rotate that often. Despite getting Vidal and Arda, they didn't perform very well like we thought and Vidal was eventually sidelined by Lucho for some unknown reason.

The late March-April drama should be avoided at all cost.

Xavinho

Pretty average player from what I saw of him at Roma, and I don't remember seeing him at PSG, but I can't see too many great players coming here to sit on the bench and watch Alba play anyway. Given the state of the transfer market, the rumored price isn't too bad. He's young and French, so it should help Umtiti to settle if nothing else. Seems an okay signing to me.

I can't believe people are still talking about Grimaldo though. Even in the Segunda B his defensive positioning looked awful. He was fine going forward, but I didn't want him anywhere near the first team. Maybe he'll eventually develop into a player, but I watched three Benfica matches since January and he wasn't even on the bench, so I don't know how he's doing there.

xXKonan

I think Lucho, was the one that wanted to send Grimaldo out on loan to Levante to test him. But Grimaldo didn't want that so he declined the loan. likely due to the fact he originally came from Valencia's academy.

He's only played in I think two league games and a couple of cup games and one was a final for Benfica. theirs some dude I follow on twitter who's a mega Grimaldo, fanboy who pretty always makes snark remarks in regards to Alba every time he makes an error, and goes on and on about how Grimaldo would've been a better option than Alba at LB.

He's a great talent but sometimes people really overhype him.

Last edited:

Jombi

This absurd hype of Grimaldo is ridiculous and I have no idea where this comes from. No, he is nowhere near as good as Digne!

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Grimaldo is great in attack, at the B team's level, but he can't defend for shit.

And at Grimaldo's age, Digne was starting in Ligue 1.

Co0ter

He did that pretty well during the treble season.

He did it in the begining/first half of the season because he was trying different things and hadn't figured out what the ideal lineup or tactics was yet. Once he decided on the Iniesta/Raki/Busquets midfield he barely rotated afterwards and that carried onto the next season.

F

Flavia

He did it in the begining/first half of the season because he was trying different things and hadn't figured out what the ideal lineup or tactics was yet. Once he decided on the Iniesta/Raki/Busquets midfield he barely rotated afterwards and that carried onto the next season.
Incorrect. He kept rotating. But he had Xavi, Pedro and a fit rafinha.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Yes, he did rotate even after the Real Sociedad fiasco, Xavi and Pedro got lots of minutes.... Even in the last season he used Roberto and Rafinha regularly until the latter got injured

frostdude1

People who are shitting on him, probably haven't watched him play at all.
My favorite 2 teams are Barca and Roma, so I watched him all last season.

This guy is Good! He's actually good enough to be a starter, but we're spoiled with Alba. If he can somehow be converted into a RB, we have a starting fullback on our hands.
And 20M is NOTHING these days, thats a good price for him. He's young and wants to be here. We're building a nice young squad for the latter stages of Messi's career, which should transition nicely into post-Messi era

Calm down and be patient. Both him and Umtitti are way too young to analyze yet

Home of Barca Fans