Lucas Bergvall

khaled_a_d

Anyway, he looks to have second thoughts about joining us because of Xavi leaving.

This is one of the most common stupid mistakes that players do tbh, coaches leaves all the time and making a decision based on someone you are likely to outlast isn't that smart IMO.
Hell, even Klopp is leaving Liverpool after 9 years.

SeloBarca

Allsvenskan is a low tier league, lower than LaLiga 2, 2. Bundesliga, MLS and UK League One.
Beeing good in that league is not really convincing.

Porque

I reckon this Xavi leaving story is BS. More likely he got one of those Yan Couto "we will double ya money" last minute calls from someone.

But seriously, reckon he signs this week. For slightly more than the original pay offer.

Last edited:

Messi983

This is one of the most common stupid mistakes that players do tbh, coaches leaves all the time and making a decision based on someone you are likely to outlast isn't that smart IMO.
Hell, even Klopp is leaving Liverpool after 9 years.

Agreed.

Don't think in his case is that much about Xavi leaving than this being a new development causing a bit of uncertainty for him. If he signs with Tottenham for example he can be pretty sure that Ange will still be their coach next season and he can talk about what his role would be with him. Here he can only talk to Deco but has no idea who our coach will be.

But coming to Barcelona with family shows he has interest as was telling his club to take our offer despite other offers reportedly being financially a bit better for them. Would be a bit disappointed but wouldn't surprise me if he'd also go to London to meet with Tottenham if they can reach agreement with his club.

He apparently also visited Djurgardens in 2022 (had offers from foreign clubs at that point already) before he signed with them and then went back home to take few days to think and talk about with his family. Could be wrong but he looks like a smart kid who won't rush his decisions and I can respect that whether he'll end up here or not.

I still think we'll eventually sign him but will maybe take a week or two which is not ideal as we could see the repeat of the Arda Guler scenario but it's not like we have a deadline to sign him. I think Deco did his best to convince him and if he decides to go somewhere else then so be it.

TheStig

In any way it wouldn't matter that much what Xavi will do. He had to knew (or at least his agents) that there is a 99% chance that Xavi will leave in the summer or at the latest a season after. At that time Bergvall will be 18 years old and will have his whole career in front of him. Would it make a difference which coach would train him for a few months in the beginning of his Barca career when he probably wouldn't play much anyway.

If he doesn't come he probably got a bigger offer somewhere.

Porque

Frankfurt signed Hugo Larsson in the summer from Malmo who now is attracking interest from Arsenal and another EPL club.

He has been an undisputed starter for them, so it doesn't really matter if the Swedish league standard is not that high. It is the player after all.

Let's see the developments of the deal today. After reading of the late Spurs push, if nothing is progressed today then it may start to look a bit Arda Guler.

Porque

Really don't see Arda or Echeverri having that much higher ceilling. Ofc if everyone of them reach their full potential then their value will probably be higher because offensive players are usually rated higher.

I'm also reminded of Oscar Gloukh, who we were strongly interested with at this stage last year but preferred first team football at Salzburg.

He looked quite a talent and seems to be doing well statistically over there. In the end, not getting him or Guler, or perhaps even Bergvall is not going to make a huge difference. 6 months time and the next in line who we must sign at all costs will come along.

TheStig

Not that we can't sign superstars or just regular good players in their primer but we can't even sign no name kids anymore. Arda, Bergvall, Echeverri

JamDav1982

Good choice by him really.

Look at the state of the club and how it is run...

Go to best league and develop under a coach that plays attacking football.

Home of Barca Fans