Louis Van Gaal

knicks

Do ya feel lucky, punk?
omg.
Don't look his hairs and face,he's a nice strateg in Bundesliga. Thanks to him BAYERN now is in quarterfinal in Champions League.
I don't love him,but he is;)!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Van Gaal spoke about Cruyff:

"People don't know what I went through when I was in charge of Barcelona. Johan Cruyff criticised me almost every week. He always attacked me via his columns in the media," said Van Gaal to College Tour.

"Cruyff is a real icon in Barcelona, just like someone like Uli Hoeness in Munich. The fans always believe what they say, even though they're not directly involved in what's happening at the club.

"I managed to do a good job at Barcelona, despite Cruyff's attempts to frustrate me. Cruyff has said so many things, but has never taken his responsibilities. He has been trying to frustrate me so many times that I'll never forgive him for what he has done."

He's kinda right. 2 La Liga's in 3 years was a decent record and let's not forget for propelling guys like Xavi and Puyol into orbit.
And for those who don't remember Puyol looked really poor back then and not many thought he would turn into what he has become.
Iniesta also made his debut under Van Gaal.

Pajo

Interista Paja Patak
well, nothing surprisingly... Cruyff has always been deepshit like that, i dont remember a comment in the media that has been on place...

Pajo

Interista Paja Patak
imho he was the one that raised barca above Real... So i dont believe fans or whoever should be complaining about Van Gaal... I dont like van gaal as a person, but he is one hell of a coach, one of the best if you ask me..

desoe

well, nothing surprisingly... Cruyff has always been deepshit like that, i dont remember a comment in the media that has been on place...

Cruyff always hits in the right place, it's another question if someone can't handle the truth. I wish Rijkaard listened more, when he started sending warnings about complacence

Last edited:
V

Valon

Tbh Johan talks shit most of the time, yes sometimes he's right but most of the time he's wrong.

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
Van Gaal is still one of the best coaches around, also due to the fact he gives youngsters chance to play. If Bayern hadn't had Louis, would we have known Thomas Müller and Badstuber, for instance, by now? The only thing he has done wrong at Bayern is his transfer policy: Braafheid is not even good enough to be the second best Dutch left back, Pranjic isn't worth more than 7 million or so (he paid 15 million if I'm not mistaken), and he should've reinforced his squad this summer, especially the back line (goalie included).

Home of Barca Fans