Lliga: UD Almería - FC Barcelona 1-2

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Play this lineup, and play them like this:

1144638_FC_Barcelona.jpg

Fullbacks back. ATTACKING the space, not OCCUPYING it.

Midfield in the middle and supported by Neymar and Messi.

Suarez as a 9.

Triangles everywhere. Messi the center of all triangles.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Play this lineup, and play them like this:

1144638_FC_Barcelona.jpg

Fullbacks back. ATTACKING the space, not OCCUPYING it.

Midfield in the middle and supported by Neymar and Messi.

Suarez as a 9.

Triangles everywhere. Messi the center of all triangles.
Lucho be like:

Luis-Enrique.jpg

PhilS

I think Masch needs a rest. Alves too, but he's not going in international duty, so he will most likely play.

I'd play:

MAtS(Bravo); Adriano - Pique - Bartra - Alba; Rakitic - Busi - Rafinha; MSN

That would be an improvement, as he was sent to the stands vs Ajax :lucho2:

Well, 2 of the 20 traveling to Almeria will be in the stands, one of whom will be either Montoya or Douglas, the other Masip.

Masch should need a rest, he starts twice every week, but since he came to Barca I don't think I've ever seen him show any signs of playing too much, except maybe the games after international breaks. For most games, playing CB for Barca is a lot less tiring than it is for most any other team.

I thought Busquets and Suarez looked like they were playing too much, this could be a good time to give Masch another game at DM. Lucho is obviously keeping Suarez on the field as much as possible to get him in shape.

I'd start:
Bravo
Alves Pique Bartra Adriano
Masch
Rak Raf
Munir Messi Neymar

Supersubs Xavi and Suarez.

I'm worrying about how ready all the internationals will be for Sevilla, after the break. Neymar should usually not start the game after international breaks.

Tonykross

Well, 2 of the 20 traveling to Almeria will be in the stands, one of whom will be either Montoya or Douglas, the other Masip.

Masch should need a rest, he starts twice every week, but since he came to Barca I don't think I've ever seen him show any signs of playing too much, except maybe the games after international breaks. For most games, playing CB for Barca is a lot less tiring than it is for most any other team.

I thought Busquets and Suarez looked like they were playing too much, this could be a good time to give Masch another game at DM. Lucho is obviously keeping Suarez on the field as much as possible to get him in shape.

I'd start:
Bravo
Alves Pique Bartra Adriano
Masch
Rak Raf
Munir Messi Neymar

Supersubs Xavi and Suarez.

I'm worrying about how ready all the internationals will be for Sevilla, after the break. Neymar should usually not start the game after international breaks.

Munir is not going to start, we're already behind in the league and this is not the time to be starting Munir.

Irish_Cules

I wouldn't be surprised if Suarez is on the bench for this game. He has played two 90 min games in the last few days and he looked to be a bit jaded against Ajax. I expect him to come on around the 60 min mark.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Bayern usually have 3 in the midle with 3 players who are great on the ball. Alonso as the anchor flanked by Lahm and either Alaba or Götze. A long shot from Rakitic and Mascherano in a flat 2 man midfield which will realistically result in Messi picking the ball up from the centerbacks.

Watch bayern again. you got it wrong.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Possible line-up (vs Almeria): Bravo - Douglas Pique Bartra Alba - Rakitic Busquets Rafinha - Suarez Messi Neymar #fcblive [rac1]

Ursegor

World Champion
Watch bayern again. you got it wrong.

I guess you need to actually watch instead of telling me paper lineups. On paper Alaba plays LCB in a 3 man defense. In reality this is where he received his passes in the last Bayern game:

ojipy5tv.png

If you need further education ask me in the Bayern thread.

kishore680

What people want to see:

Bravo

Adriano - Pique - Mascherano - Alba

Rakitic - Busquets - Rafinha

Messi -Suarez- Neymar

What Lucho sees:

..................Bravo......................

Adriano/Rakitic - Pique - Mascherano - Alba/Rafinha

.............. - Busquets -.......................

.................. -Messi -...........................

....... Suarez .............. Neymar

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I guess you need to actually watch instead of telling me paper lineups. On paper Alaba plays LCB in a 3 man defense. In reality this is where he received his passes in the last Bayern game:

ojipy5tv.png

If you need further education ask me in the Bayern thread.

Ok cool. I thought you were saying they have three in the middle on the "paper formation". It's actually two but turns into three.

Anyway it doesn't matter. I was actually agreeing with you that it would not work here at all.

BigBarcaBoy

What people want to see:

Bravo

Adriano - Pique - Mascherano - Alba

Rakitic - Busquets - Rafinha

Messi -Suarez- Neymar

What Lucho sees:

..................Bravo......................

Adriano/Rakitic - Pique - Mascherano - Alba/Rafinha

.............. - Busquets -.......................

.................. -Messi -...........................

....... Suarez .............. Neymar

Do people other than the opposition want to see Pique ?

Kasperroed

We are going to play af 4-3-3 for sure. I personally hope it will be something like this:

-------------------- Bravo -------------------
Adriano -- Bartra -- Mascherano -- Alba
----- Rackitic -- Busquets -- Rafinha ----
--- Messi ------ Suarez ------ Neymar ---

It is really time to find some consistency. However, it is kind of an easy game, so we can give players like Rafinha a chance to prove themself. I would say that we should find a start-11 and have a maximum of 2 changes from that in the important games (Liga, CL etc.). Right now our "strongest" XI is something like this:

------------------- Bravo -------------------
Alves -- Mascherano -- Mathieu -- Alba
---- Rackitic -- Busquets -- Iniesta -----
-- Messi ------ Suarez ------- Neymar --

As i said - a maximum of 2 changes from match to match (Mathieu and Iniesta are injured). This time i think Rafinha and Adriano deserves a chance to prove themselves - hopefully Adriano can do a good job on the right back.

We are going to play af 4-3-3 for sure. I personally hope it will be something like this:

-------------------- Bravo -------------------
Adriano -- Bartra -- Mascherano -- Alba
----- Rackitic -- Busquets -- Rafinha ----
--- Messi ------ Suarez ------ Neymar ---

It is really time to find some consistency. However, it is kind of an easy game, so we can give players like Rafinha a chance to prove themself. I would say that we should find a start-11 and have a maximum of 2 changes from that in the important games (Liga, CL etc.). Right now our "strongest" XI is something like this:

------------------- Bravo -------------------
Alves -- Mascherano -- Mathieu -- Alba
---- Rackitic -- Busquets -- Iniesta -----
-- Messi ------ Suarez ------- Neymar --

As i said - a maximum of 2 changes from match to match (Mathieu and Iniesta are injured). This time i think Rafinha and Adriano deserves a chance to prove themselves - hopefully Adriano can do a good job on the right back.

Barcelona line-up (official): Bravo - Adriano Bartra Mascherano Alba - Rakitic Busquets Rafinha - Munir Messi Pedro #fcblive

Terrible line up

Home of Barca Fans