Lliga: UD Almería - FC Barcelona 1-2

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I don't understand the idea behind that formation. If I'm the opposite coach I ask my #10 to man-mark Rakitic and force all buildup through Mascherano who isn't great on the ball or the wingbacks which means isolation on the sidelines and more hoofs and crosses than ever. Someone else said it in the other thread. If you think Busquets-Xavi-Rakitic isn't enough midfield dominance what do you expect to see from Rakitic-Mascherano? This kind of formation would only make sense if Barca deliberately ceeded possession and sat back to counter yet against a team like Almeria it's a useless concept and against elite teams I can assure you that backline will get obliterated.

Instead of radically changing formations and benching the most gifted players because they are in bad form Barca should concentrate on building on the 2nd half against Ajax with all 3 lines squeezed together as much as possible and high collective workrate by everyone including Messi.

I think the logic is that bayern use it so it is the football bible of how to play. I prefer the curent formation but building play through the midfield, or a double pivot of rakitic and Busquets.

Ursegor

World Champion
Bayern usually have 3 in the midle with 3 players who are great on the ball. Alonso as the anchor flanked by Lahm and either Alaba or Götze. A long shot from Rakitic and Mascherano in a flat 2 man midfield which will realistically result in Messi picking the ball up from the centerbacks.

Schumi

Bayern usually have 3 in the midle with 3 players who are great on the ball. Alonso as the anchor flanked by Lahm and either Alaba or Götze. A long shot from Rakitic and Mascherano in a flat 2 man midfield which will realistically result in Messi picking the ball up from the centerbacks.

This may be somewhat off-topic but I feel that when the big games come, Alonso will prove a liability for Bayern. He is getting too old for this shit.

Ursegor

World Champion
This may be somewhat off-topic but I feel that when the big games come, Alonso will prove a liability for Bayern. He is getting too old for this shit.

Might happen, might not happen. 32 is not that old. Pirlo was 33 and Xavi 32 when they were ruling Euro 2012. Bayern's system with collective pressing from the front doesn't expose him anywhere near as much as Madrid's counterattacking system did where he had to be a 1 man army in midfield sweeping everything up and launching counters at the same time, particularly under Mourinho when he was paired with Khedira. Regardless, if his level drops Bayern can replace him with a similar player in Schweinsteiger who will be back later in the season. Main point being that Mascherano and Rakitic in midfield would be anything but "Bayern's formation".

slvtn

No matter what formatio it will be in the end, we need a better performance than last week. Everything else doesn't count.
I'd like to see Suarez scoring his first goal.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Official: Squad list vs. Almeria: Ter Stegen, Bravo, Masip, Montoya, Piqué, Rakitic, Busquets, Xavi, Pedro, Suarez, Messi, Neymar, Rafinha, Mascherano, Bartra, Douglas, Jordi Alba, Adriano, Alves, Munir

L

linetty

Squad: Ter Stegen, Bravo, Masip, Montoya, Piqué, Rakitic, Sergio, Xavi, Pedro, Suárez, Messi, Neymar, Rafinha, Mascherano, Bartra, Douglas, Jordi Alba, Adriano, Dani Alves & Munir

I

instinct

Montoya in the squad :worthy:

Martin%20Montoya%201.jpg

1366976434-in-pictures-nou-camp-in-barcelona_1996137.jpg

200_s.gif

F

Flavia

I think Masch needs a rest. Alves too, but he's not going in international duty, so he will most likely play.

I'd play:

MAtS(Bravo); Adriano - Pique - Bartra - Alba; Rakitic - Busi - Rafinha; MSN

That would be an improvement, as he was sent to the stands vs Ajax :lucho2:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I think both our new keepers are darn good!

But maybe Ter Stegen should be given some priority since he is much younger than Bravo and hence will be our GK for many years to come.

After Bravo's two losses, I think it is about time that Enrique gives Ter Stegen a chance to play in the Liga.

Home of Barca Fans