Lliga: Sevilla FC - FC Barcelona 2-2

serghei

There will have to be rotations against Valencia.

Probably something like the team that played against Almeria.

You're joking, right? We should field the best eleven against Sevilla, Valencia, Espanyol. As well as in the CL games. That's 5 games in a row which we must attack with the best team possible (1-2 changes max.). You don't do rotations in critical games.

Barcadub

You're joking, right? We should field the best eleven against Sevilla, Valencia, Espanyol. As well as in the CL games. That's 5 games in a row which we must attack with the best team possible (1-2 changes max.). You don't do rotations in critical games.

Not to the extent of the Almeria game but i say there could be a start for Xavi, Pedro, Bartra for the Valencia game.

SocalBarcaFan

With Pique-Mathieu looking like the 1st choice CB pairing ATM as others have said, where does that leave Masche? I know a midfield consisting of both Busquets and Mascherano has been tried before but I would like to see it again. Besides Xavi who can't play consistently at this point, Rakitic, Busquets and Masche have been our best players who are capable of playing midfield this season. God Iniesta what happen to you. Now of course that trio lacks creativity and pace but I would still like to see it given another try. I think with more practice at it, Busi can become very useful as a more attacking player. His one touch passes and just quick ball movement in general is something Barca has been horrible at all season IMO. Plus you know that a Midfield of Rakitic, Busquets and Mascherano will always put the work in on defense, something that will be key against the strong opposition we face this month.

Some fans also don't like Masche as a DM for barca saying he lacks the qualities that a player needs at that position for the Barca style. All I have to say to that is it isn't our style anymore. As much as it hurts to say it's the truth. But I'd rather be winning games than losing playing "the barca way". Mascherano is actually the perfect DM for the way Barca is playing right now. He's really good at long balls and works harder than anyone to win the ball back. To me his defensive style is more suited as a DM than CB with how he over commits to attacking the ball carrier. But that's okay as a DM cause he still has Pique and Mathieu to cover for him.

Obviously in a perfect world We'd have Rakitic-Busi-Iniesta in the midfield (which is what i think Lucho will pick for this game) with Iniesta doing what we all know he's capable of. But with Iniesta seriously out of form and not contributing much at all to the offense, wouldn't you rather have someone like Busquets in there who is way better defensively and with the potential to add something to the attack (better ball movement)?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Agreed Barcadub.
Iniesta and Neymar in particular showed fatigue more than others and could start from the bench in one of those matches. We will need to rotate somewhere or risk them being too drained for the final month. Or worse, risk injuries.
Not even getting into form factor where both Iniesta and Ney haven't been themselves.

vinni

[formation=barca,1]
Bravo
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
Alves-0-Pique-0-Mache/Matheiu-0-Alba
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
Rakitic/Xavi-0-0-Busquets/Mache-0-0-Iniesta
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
Messi-0-0-Suarez-0-0-Neymar/Pedro
[/formation]

If cards and injury allows I would prefer if we stick with these 15 players for the next five matches. It does seems a bit thin though for such a stretch.

Icarium

Lifestealer
I think we will see very less rotation in the coming 5 matches. Other than goalie change we might not see any changes. I think iniesta should be rested in one match. Otherwise he will too tired at the end of the season. Masch or Mathieu will be the main difficultly for lucho, both offer complete different things. Against valencia and psg mathieu should definitely start.

Our squad is well rested actually, messi and suarez did not play in international break and lucho gave rest for everyone else who will play the next five matches.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Iniesta barely played 2 games a week this season and you expect him to start 5 in two weeks?
I'm willing to bet with anyone that this won't happen.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Iniesta barely played 2 games a week this season and you expect him to start 5 in two weeks?
I'm willing to bet with anyone that this won't happen.

Yeah that is why i said he should be rested one match out of the 5.

vinni

Im a bit worried about everyone in our midfield really . Xavi is 35 and need to be used accordingly. Raki usally seems dead tired after every match so im sure he will suffer at some point. I got concerns for alba and alves too. Even our front line could use another body.

L

linetty

Sevilla haven't lost at their ground since 1-4 against Barca last season.

mazp

Hopefully, Emery's shitty record against Barca continues, but a draw wouldn't be the end of the world.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
We're always stressed when we have to play Sevilla, but we actually have an excellent record against them, i'm not worried, especially with Piqué, Mathieu, Alba, Neymar, Iniesta, Rakitic, etc.. all well rested, though game for sure, but I believe we'll win :)

skitch.png

Kikan

I am not worried one bit . All Barca players perform very well when facing tough opponent and they play at another level . It is the weak teams that scares me .

Prediction . 2: 1 for barca

Mido

Not to the extent of the Almeria game but i say there could be a start for Xavi, Pedro, Bartra for the Valencia game.

Doesn't Iniesta suit much better against teams that like to counter very quickly like Valencia. I would prefer having Xavi against PSG and Iniesta against Valencia.

Home of Barca Fans