Lliga | Round 8: Atlético de Madrid vs. FC Barcelona 1-1

Icarium

Lifestealer
God I slept off and woke up now only shit. How did I miss this big of a match. I will have to watch a replay I guess.

M

MessiCam

Valverde needs to drop this obsession with 4-4-2 which has been played for 4 straight games and it hasn’t worked. Whenever the system is switched to include wing/forwards the game invariably changes in our favour.

R

reaper

Its just Disgusting to see a player like Gomes play for Barcelona just makes me sick.

I agree, but don't worry. Just like we got rid of Arda, Gomes has no where to hide. There is huge pressure to play him because of his agent and the fact that he loses value each week he doesn't play. However - when valverde watches back the video today he will see how bad our shape was with Gomes - how he always needs a second just to steady himself etc. Gomes has no future at the club. Just have to be patient and hope he doesn't start another game for us.

RevoTeller

Good game, with more luck we could have won it and, honestly, we would have deserved it.

Anyhow, so far so good: +5 over Real and Messi leading by far the top-scorer charts. Move on.

Mitchell1978

Barça were the better team and deserved to win imo, but a draw is not the end of the world. Didn't like out starting line-up, Sergi Roberto and Denis Suarez should have started.

JamDav1982

Played well overall and Valverde subs made a positive difference.

Seen games when came up against Atleti and been out worked and out fought. That wasnt case today.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
1-1 is fair.

Atletico were better in 1st, Barca in 2nd half.
It was an open match with some good football and goalkeepers exceeling.

I know many will be disappointed but coming after internationals at Calderon...

serghei

This is a good result, but only if we win the next games. We play some tough ones. Bilbao away, Sevilla home, Villareal away in the next month or so. While Madrid play easier games until the derby with Atletico.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
The draw is just about the correct result of the match I guess. We probably didn't deserve to win just for starting Gomes in RW and Rakitic if not any thing else! Having that said, we did create more chances than Atletico, so yeah may be getting just a point was not too harsh a result

mesiesta

Very bad first half, decent last 30 minutes. We could have get that late winner, but we could lose too. So, in overall, happy with 1 point.

Home of Barca Fans