Lliga | Round 6: Girona - FC Barcelona 0-3

PhilS

Why are some of you all ofer Deu while he is trying as much as possible to contribute to the team? He is much superior backup option on the wing to anyone we had in the last 2 years! He can actually change the rhythm of the game in comparison to Paco, Arda, Rafinha or Munir!

It is good to have Deu as a move up from the three you list, I'm still hopeful he'll be a real plus this season. Hopeful despite what he has shown so far. If Valverde wants to go with D. Suarez and Vidal now, it shows this year's manager is paying attention.

dostoevskij

really curious how we approach this one. the away games under Ernesto were footballwise really bad this season so far.
how is the pitch in Girona?

serghei

Imo, we play with more intensity on Camp Nou, better movement, more incisiveness. If this continues it's a matter of time before we drop points in away games.

Centauri B

long are gone the days when our games were dull. with guardiola we used to kill the game within the first 20 minutes. With MSN we used to do that to some degree. Finally the excitement is back, at least we enjoy those 3 points properly nowadays. lol

I am not sure you were really watching our games during the Pep era. We had a ton of nail-biting victories (and disappointing draws/defeats) even during Pep's most glorious seasons (08-09 and 10-11)

God Serena

He is trying hard but he isn't good enough.
He just wastes the teams attacks by trying to dribble and failing. Even if when he is successful in 1v1 he goes on to waste the pass.
Whenever he gets the ball you don't get the feeling that he will create any thing useful. I think even Alcacer is better than him.

Alcacer isn't better than a wet paper bag. Deu has provided more impact for us in even his few mediocre appearances than Paco provides in the average 6 month span.

JamDav1982

Alcacer isn't better than a wet paper bag. Deu has provided more impact for us in even his few mediocre appearances than Paco provides in the average 6 month span.

Due has been poor and worked hard.

Paco looked a better player in second half of last season than Deulofeu has looked but he will get chances as about only one that has pace now Dembele injured.

Albo

Bit worried that if Luis starts he will be as shit as he was against Getafe, needs to be subbed out immediately if he is still out of form.

God Serena

Due has been poor and worked hard.

Paco looked a better player in second half of last season than Deulofeu has looked but he will get chances as about only one that has pace now Dembele injured.

Deu's hard work is something we see nothing of when it comes to Paco. The defensive effort we see is more useful even on a player who is incredibly wasteful than a player who spends the majority of his time in a game completely invisible. Now that he no longer has all of MSN trying to feed him goals for his confidence he's quickly gone back to being the invisible non-factor that he was when he first started.

God Serena

Bit worried that if Luis starts he will be as shit as he was against Getafe, needs to be subbed out immediately if he is still out of form.

His odds of getting pulled off are so low you'd be better off praying he somehow scores a worldie in the 91st minute or something.

JamDav1982

Deu's hard work is something we see nothing of when it comes to Paco. The defensive effort we see is more useful even on a player who is incredibly wasteful than a player who spends the majority of his time in a game completely invisible. Now that he no longer has all of MSN trying to feed him goals for his confidence he's quickly gone back to being the invisible non-factor that he was when he first started.

Paco does work hard not sure where you are coming from on that.

MSN were not trying to feed him goals that is just more rubbish.

MSN tried to feed each other goals anyway so nothing different there than trying to help another attacker.

JamDav1982

Off course he wont be taken of 'immediately'.

Only a moron of a manager would even think of that and thankfully Valverde isnt.

God Serena

Paco does work hard not sure where you are coming from on that.

MSN were not trying to feed him goals that is just more rubbish.

MSN tried to feed each other goals anyway so nothing different there than trying to help another attacker.

Paco doesn't try nearly as hard as Deulofeu. At least it doesn't seem so. I don't recall seeing Paco coming back into his own half to defend even a single time last season.

I personally think that towards January/February there was a noticeable uptick in passes going Paco's way until he finally managed to start scoring. It's fine if you disagree but that was what I saw.

Paco being such a poor attacker from the wings who clearly has no interest in pressing or defending and being unable to play striker with both Messi and Suarez wanting the spot renders this all moot anyways, he's useless for us either way.

5ergio_Busquets

People keep repeating this "hard work" thing about Deulofeu but what's the use of hard work if it doesn't result in anything useful?
Alcacer works just as hard, doesn't lose the ball as often as Deulofeu does and has a much better finish.
Deulofeu's fast runs that result in nothing make it look like he is working harder than he really does.
Against Eibar when he was subbed off he had less distance covered than Iniesta who was subbed off 10 minutes earlier.

JamDav1982

Paco doesn't try nearly as hard as Deulofeu. At least it doesn't seem so. I don't recall seeing Paco coming back into his own half to defend even a single time last season.

I personally think that towards January/February there was a noticeable uptick in passes going Paco's way until he finally managed to start scoring. It's fine if you disagree but that was what I saw.

Paco being such a poor attacker from the wings who clearly has no interest in pressing or defending and being unable to play striker with both Messi and Suarez wanting the spot renders this all moot anyways, he's useless for us either way.

He does try as hard and watching both over past few year Delofeu been worse for laziness although that might change at Barca but seen all this before from him.

There wasnt any effort from MSN to get Paco goals.

Paco does pressure and defend. Can keep repeating that lie if you want.

Could well be that neither are good enough but Deulofeu has been poor in his games so far and Paco for his second half of last season played at a higher level than he is just now.

Albo

Off course he wont be taken of 'immediately'.

Only a moron of a manager would even think of that and thankfully Valverde isnt.

Obviously, but if he has a stinker first half he should be subbed off at the start of the second half.

Home of Barca Fans