Lliga | Round 5: Celta Vigo - FC Barcelona 4-1

mazp

We were really good in attack, created a lot of chances, it was the defense that let us down. We'll be fine, fuck-ups happen, Madrid will lose many points as well. We'll win La Liga for sure.

It depends how many points we drop from now till Jan. If we're in within 4 points going into the break, then we have a shot, providing Barca buys in Jan window.

arjunanand1

We were really good in attack, created a lot of chances, it was the defense that let us down. We'll be fine, fuck-ups happen, Madrid will lose many points as well. We'll win La Liga for sure.

I disagree. We've been doing this for quite some time now, with the sole difference that we've put away a lot more chances than missed. Today's game was all about pathetic finishing (how about that Messi sitter for an example?) and poor judgement in the final third. Anyway, can't do anything much at this point other than to hope for an improved performance next time around.

ATLBarcaFan

The loss doesn't bother me too much, it's the score line that's upsetting. Giving up 4 goals to anyone is unacceptable. This team needs to get their collective heads out of their ass and start playing.

mazp

In one month we conceded more goals than nearly half of the past season.
It's with difense that you win titles, and our defensive phase this season has been shite.

This. We went from the best defense to worst defense in Europe. Shocking how far we've fallen.

Sinchan

same old big fat defensive problem costs us the match . thought we could back to the game after half time but unfortunately did not happen ... :(

arjunanand1

Conceded 18 goals in last 6 games, Zamora trophy incoming:worthy:

At this point I don't know what to think about Mats. I discounted all his errors and looked past everything that went wrong so far. But today's game just showed that his confidence is totally shot. The first goal and the second perhaps he could do nothing about, but the rest he could have made some kind of effort.

arjunanand1

same old big fat defensive problem costs us the match . thought we could back to the game after half time but unfortunately did not happen ... :(

The point where I lost hope of a comeback was when Messi missed that tap in. I knew instantly that it would turn out to be one of those days right then.

dakt

We are playing too soft. Especially our defence. We had like what...4 fouls?
Good thing is it's still early part of the season, bad thing is that we got our ass whooped second time in about 1 month.

bismp

A diagrace...Defense was all over the place...Suarez was abysmal...Messi was decent,WHEN he actually tried.

Thing is that the players were not focused enough.Before kick-off,half of them were laughing and making jokes...

Anyway,let's focus on the next games.What's done is done,but when the treble winners have lost by a 4-0 and a 4-1 in 1 month,something is terribly wrong....

dakt

The amount of space we leave at flanks is staggering. That last goal, we were opened on that right side...huge gap.

RevoTeller

A diagrace...Defense was all over the place...Suarez was abysmal...Messi was decent,WHEN he actually tried.

Thing is that the players were not focused enough.Before kick-off,half of them were laughing and making jokes...

Anyway,let's focus on the next games.What's done is done,but when the treble winners have lost by a 4-0 and a 4-1 in 1 month,something is terribly wrong....

^Exactly.

Neimax

Didn't see the game, so what happened? Did we play that bad, was Celta that strong, have we been unlucky or was it a mixture of that?

Kuchi

The 1st goal hurt badly, we were dominating and just lost focus than. It's not boxing ffs, we should be able to keep it tight after one hit...

Well see how we react, this hurts bad

kilian

If they contiue with this attitude this will be a season to forget. If only we had a real captain, who can yell sometimes at his teammates and push them harder on the pitch. Iniesta is like a ghost when things are going bad for us. I miss Puyol.

Home of Barca Fans