Lliga | Round 31: Málaga CF - FC Barcelona 2-0

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We should be. That's the whole point.

Won't be unless we move over to Ligue 1.

And do you know why we won't? Because we've got weak leadership who don't know how to play the media or the LFP/RFEF. Laporta for all his flaws knew. This regime is non-confrontational and like to stay in the shadows and are more business-oriented.

Being outspoken according to them would be bad for business.

Horatio

You're welcome
Yes, near perfect. Meaning almost never dropping points. We dropped points in 10 games, 6 draws and 4 losses. And in two of those draws, we were robbed the win.
rm dropped points in 8 games, 6 draws and 2 losses. But they were helped in many games when they were drawing, so they would win. Think they might hold the record for most offside goals in a season now. Also rm players can insult the refs, punch and kick other players, and never get sanctioned.

Just check this, all the help they got this season, listed:

[tw]843150900269060096[/tw]

It's harder to win a league like this.

When you said near-perfect I thought you were speaking of performance-wise, not score tally.

I will go through that list later. Hope you can convince me.

Edit: But I'd like to see the same list for Barca for comparison.

Last edited:
F

FlaFCB

When you said near-perfect I thought you were speaking of performance-wise, not score tally.

I will go through that list later. Hope you can convince me.

Edit: But I'd like to see the same list for Barca for comparison.

Barça comparison? really? do you remember many offside goals, non pk called as pk, or our players distributing punches and kicks without a sanction? I remember the opposite. At least two legit goals disallowed, many pk's not called, and our players get sanctioned for anything. rm have had 2 pks where one rm player fouled the other, and it called a pk anyway. TWO, not one.

Horatio

You're welcome
Barça comparison? really? do you remember many offside goals, non pk called as pk, or our players distributing punches and kicks without a sanction? I remember the opposite. At least two legit goals disallowed, many pk's not called, and our players get sanctioned for anything. rm have had 2 pks where one rm player fouled the other, and it called a pk anyway. TWO, not one.

Sure I remember some occasions, but the way things work is that we have a much easier time remembering negative things than positive ones. That's why it's also easier to remember occasions of Real being favoured over them being unfavoured. If you would make up a balance sheet of Barca/Real x unfavourable/favourable calls, Barca might come out as having being treated unfairly on more occasions. But will it be a significant difference?

I had that blogspot which DonAK provided as my companion analyzing ref decisions in Barca and Real games, but after a while I had to seriously put it into question.

BTW: Out of curiousity, I remember the James pushing Modric incident but what was the other one?

Owh and about that incident: I think it was a legitimate mistake on ref's part.
Why? Imagine being a corrupt ref, why use an opportunity to make a deliberate incorrect penalty call in a situation where one Real pushes another when they are 2-0 up in the 43th minute?
If you plan on bailing out Real in a situation that stands out(own player pushing another) and facing possible consequences, at least wait for them to actually run the risk of compromising the game.

I know...I know.....there are no consequences for La Liga refs.

Last edited:

DonAK

I had that blogspot which DonAK provided as my companion analyzing ref decisions in Barca and Real games, but after a while I had to seriously put it into question.

You have to considering it's led by the Barcastuff guys, so anything they write can be hit back with pro-Barca bias from Madridistas and everyone else. In other words, it's not a blog led by an independent source.

However, they do write down the exact minute for the decisions they write about, so anyone can go back and check for themselves.

F

FlaFCB

Sure I remember some occasions, but the way things work is that we have a much easier time remembering negative things than positive ones. That's why it's also easier to remember occasions of Real being favoured over them being unfavoured.

BTW: Out of curiousity, I remember the James pushing Modric incident but what was the other one?

Owh and about that incident: I think it was a legitimate mistake on ref's part.
Why? Imagine being a corrupt ref, why use an opportunity to make a deliberate incorrect penalty call in a situation where one Real pushes another when they are 2-0 up in the 43th minute?
If you plan on bailing out Real in a situation that stands out(own player pushing another) and facing possible consequences, at least wait for them to actually run the risk of compromising the game.

I know...I know.....there are no consequences for La Liga refs.

There are consequences for the liga refs that harm rm. A few have been sent out to lower leagues for that. rm being unfavoured happens so rarely, it will never even out in the end. The scale is probably around 95 to 5%.

The example of the pk was to show the bias. Anything in the box is a pk for them. On the other hand, we had 2 legit ones denied vs sevilla at home. Their players are also forgiven a red card in a regular basis, like Navas vs betis. It's been like that since franco days, this still haven't changed. lfp and rfef are formed by a lot of rm socis. It's still a big mafia. Barça always need a dream team to challenge that.

Horatio

You're welcome
You have to considering it's led by the Barcastuff guys, so anything they write can be hit back with pro-Barca bias from Madridistas and everyone else. In other words, it's not a blog led by an independent source.

The numbers kind of got ridiculous and I was lead to assume the authors were strongly pro-Barca.
I wasn't trying to discredit you btw.

However, they do write down the exact minute for the decisions they write about, so anyone can go back and check for themselves.

No one will do so however.

DonAK

The numbers kind of got ridiculous and I was lead to assume the authors were strongly pro-Barca.
I wasn't trying to discredit you btw.

No one will do so however.

Yes, I know. I remember I warned you about the possible pro-Barca bias there.

No one will, and they could have been smarter by not revealing themselves like that, perhaps done the same for other teams as well, therefore gained some credibility.

Horatio

You're welcome
There are consequences for the liga refs that harm rm. A few have been sent out to lower leagues for that. rm being unfavoured happens so rarely, it will never even out in the end. The scale is probably around 95 to 5%.

The example of the pk was to show the bias. Anything in the box is a pk for them. On the other hand, we had 2 legit ones denied vs sevilla at home. Their players are also forgiven a red card in a regular basis, like Navas vs betis. It's been like that since franco days, this still haven't changed. lfp and rfef are formed by a lot of rm socis. It's still a big mafia. Barça always need a dream team to challenge that.

Okay, thanks. I'll let it be for now.

F

FlaFCB

Okay, thanks. I'll let it be for now.

It's weird to me that you think there's nothing to it, haha. I mean, Messi and Neymar being prosecuted, while cr gets a pass, should had convinced you by now, if all the things on field don't. Just need to investigate a bit to know it's not a conspiracy theory, but the reality of spain.

Horatio

You're welcome
It's weird to me that you think there's nothing to it, haha. I mean, Messi and Neymar being prosecuted, while cr gets a pass, should had convinced you by now, if all the things on field don't. Just need to investigate a bit to know it's not a conspiracy theory, but the reality of spain.

Like I have repeatedly stated before I was discussing exclusively the refereeing across the current season. To what extent are we right to blame the current standings on biased refereeing.

The Neymar, Messi prosecution argument I use freely in discussions as the public prosecutor is a confirmed RM socio and I am convinced that had some influence in the matter.

And I am pretty meticulous when it comes to fact checking. Remember Ronaldo misquote about Neymar? :p

F

FlaFCB

Like I have repeatedly stated before I was discussing exclusively the refereeing across the current season. To what extent are we right to blame the current standings on biased refereeing.

The Neymar, Messi prosecution argument I use freely in discussions as the public prosecutor is a confirmed RM socio and I am convinced that had some influence in the matter.

And I am pretty meticulous when it comes to fact checking. Remember Ronaldo misquote about Neymar? :p
We lost at least 4 points to ref's mistakes this season. 2 goals that were clear, yet they were disallowed. How is it not down to ref's mistakes too?

Thing is, refeering in la liga is bad, but it's also highly biased. It's always been, it's not something new. And with a spineless president like ours, this gets even worse.

You should check la liga history. You'll only find stuff in castellano, though. Also, there's a new scandal developing, by floper. he's suspending twitter accounts that criticize rm or himself, and/or favour Barça. It's been going on for a while, but it's escalating recently, since they suspended Cristobal Soria's account.

ejuventus

I'll be honest but I am starting to agree with [MENTION=9847]ejuventus[/MENTION].

Referees unfavouring Barca might be a thing or not, but I think this season is a poor example of that.
We simply are a shadow of 2014/2015 Barca and we are still second in the league, which makes completely sense(actually it doesn't, I am surprised we haven't ended up 4th but we have Messi to thank for that). And if you then look against what teams we dropped points we really only have ourselves to blame. With a bit more solid finishing(or less bad), a player other than Gomes we could have easily been leading the league.

The counterargument here is: So is Real(playing bad), but I am able to rationalize it somewhat because they show a certain drive we have lacked.

hi Origami

indipendently if I agree or not with what you say, it doesn't seem to me I've stated that in any previous post of mine

Horatio

You're welcome
hi Origami

indipendently if I agree or not with what you say, it doesn't seem to me I've stated that in any previous post of mine

You expressed uncertainty regarding whether Barca is getting unfavoured or not. I have recently started to experience a similar sentiment.

I could've had used a better verb than 'agree'.

Home of Barca Fans