Lliga | Round 31: Málaga CF - FC Barcelona 2-0

Kikan

ohh, what to say . I think the problem is clear and there is no solution for now . I want to puke every time i watch Barca play with useless players like Paco , comez , mathiew , digne , denise suarez ,. I'm really getting allergies now from these guys . I feel sorry for messi though who is all over the field trying to put a couple of correct passes just for it to be lost by useless attackers . Man we do not have ONE player who can use his head , NOT freakin one .

Real Madrid will shred this team to pieces in classico , mark my word .

ejuventus

That's it. rm own the refs. Whenever they see a chance, they deny Barça anything. It wasn't even the first time this season.

I don't know if it's true in general, but about last match there are doubts regarding that.........given also that I 've heard that ref was clear RM fan

F

FlaFCB

To be fair, Malaga were denied an onside goal a few moments before.

Yeah, but it was not only on this match, you know it. They made a mistake on the malaga goal because they suck. But not calling that pk was deliberate, imo.

Horatio

You're welcome
Yeah, but it was not only on this match, you know it. They made a mistake on the malaga goal because they suck. But not calling that pk was deliberate, imo.

I'll be honest but I am starting to agree with [MENTION=9847]ejuventus[/MENTION].

Referees unfavouring Barca might be a thing or not, but I think this season is a poor example of that.
We simply are a shadow of 2014/2015 Barca and we are still second in the league, which makes completely sense(actually it doesn't, I am surprised we haven't ended up 4th but we have Messi to thank for that). And if you then look against what teams we dropped points we really only have ourselves to blame. With a bit more solid finishing(or less bad), a player other than Gomes we could have easily been leading the league.

The counterargument here is: So is Real(playing bad), but I am able to rationalize it somewhat because they show a certain drive we have lacked.

Last edited:
F

FlaFCB

I'll be honest but I am starting to agree with @ejuventus.

Referees unfavouring Barca might be a thing or not, but I think this season is a poor example of that.
We simply are a shadow of 2014/2015 Barca and we are still second in the league, which makes completely sense(actually it doesn't, I am surprised we haven't ended up 4th but we have Messi to thank for that). And if you then look against what teams we dropped points we really only have ourselves to blame. With a bit more solid finishing(or less bad), a player other than Gomes we could have easily been leading the league.

The counterargument here is: So is Real(playing bad), but I am able to rationalize it somewhat because they show a certain drive we have lacked.

It is a thing. And it gets easier to notice when Barça struggle. Point is, to win the league, Barça have to be near perfect, because it's not a fair league. rm gets favoured every season, the difference is we often go the extra mile to win it. And this isn't right.

We are not good this season, but IF la liga wasn't as biased as it is, rm would had dropped more points, and we could had 6 more, only with the "mistakes" from the malaga game at home, and the one vs betis. We just can't struggle like rm is doing, because we are punished, and they never are. That's the problem.

Horatio

You're welcome
It is a thing. And it gets easier to notice when Barça struggle. Point is, to win the league, Barça have to be near perfect, because it's not a fair league. rm gets favoured every season, the difference is we often go the extra mile to win it. And this isn't right.

We are not good this season, but IF la liga wasn't as biased as it is, rm would had dropped more points, and we could had 6 more, only with the "mistakes" from the malaga game at home, and the one vs betis. We just can't struggle like rm is doing, because we are punished, and they never are. That's the problem.

Barca needs to be near perfect? no. We have been really poor this season tactically. If we just played a bit better overall we still wouldn't be close to playing near perfect.
And Real might have been struggling as well, but watching their games they have easier times dominating their opponents and controlling the game. We have been playing without a midfield ffs, remember them formation maps?
Also Real got unfavoured in a couple of games, example being el Clasico.

La mano negra might exist, but as our performance continues this season I understand more and more why La Liga might slip away from us.

serghei

But why do Madrid have to get away with being bad due to 'lucky' calls, and we need to pay everytime we suck because refs don't see clear pens., or when the ball goes 1m beyond the goal line?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Refs fucked us over, but that's nothing new.

Difference this year like in 2012 is that we're self-destructing, which leads to the media placing more importance on the referee help they get. So many games we've thrown away.

Pep's last season he played a suicidal 3-4-3 which was ultra-attacking and led to us dropping points we shouldn't have dropped otherwise.

Horatio

You're welcome
But why do Madrid have to get away with being bad due to 'lucky' calls, and we need to pay everytime we suck because refs don't see clear pens., or when the ball goes 1m beyond the goal line?

I am not arguing La Liga has awful refereeing.

serghei

Refs fucked us over, but that's nothing new.

Difference this year like in 2012 is that we're self-destructing, which leads to the media placing more importance on the referee help they get. So many games we've thrown away.

Pep's last season he played a suicidal 3-4-3 which was ultra-attacking and led to us dropping points we shouldn't have dropped otherwise.

You can't be dominating every season. We shouldn't be denied the chance to win a La Liga while not playing our best football. God knows, plenty of teams have won titles without playing great.

F

FlaFCB

Barca needs to be near perfect? no. We have been really poor this season tactically. If we just played a bit better overall we still wouldn't be close to playing near perfect.
And Real might have been struggling as well, but watching their games they have easier times dominating their opponents and controlling the game. We have been playing without a midfield ffs, remember them formation maps?
Also Real got unfavoured in a couple of games, example being el Clasico.

La mano negra might exist, but as our performance continues this season I understand more and more why La Liga might slip away from us.

Yes, near perfect. Meaning almost never dropping points. We dropped points in 10 games, 6 draws and 4 losses. And in two of those draws, we were robbed the win.
rm dropped points in 8 games, 6 draws and 2 losses. But they were helped in many games when they were drawing, so they would win. Think they might hold the record for most offside goals in a season now. Also rm players can insult the refs, punch and kick other players, and never get sanctioned.

Just check this, all the help they got this season, listed:

[tw]843150900269060096[/tw]

It's harder to win a league like this.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
You can't be dominating every season. We shouldn't be denied the chance to win a La Liga while not playing our best football. God knows, plenty of teams have won titles without playing great.

Not about dominating, but taking rationale decisions. Pep tried to fit in Cesc which ruined the entire setup. Lucho has thrown away games by rotating heavily in several away games.

We are not afforded the luxury to win while not making the right decisions. Barca have to be a step above the rest to cancel out the refereeing bias.

Horatio

You're welcome

I know what you are saying, but I am just considering the fact that we might be looking through Barca tinted glasses too strongly. Maybe Real had 2-3 games where they got robbed? From the top of my mind you have El Clasico, but you could maybe find something in other matches as well.

On the flipside we had some matches where ref was a bit more favourable. Last week's Malaga comes to mind but we botched up anyway so nobody will remember that in a week. And weren't there two games where Suarez scored from offside that helped us win it(don't quote me on that)

Again, La mano negra might exist(I really hope so in a way, because it makes us winning La Liga having to overcome a handicap only more epic)but I am simply having a hard time arguing that that is strongly the case this season. I wish I could though...

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans