Lliga | Round 31: FC Barcelona - Real Madrid 1-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchell1978

Maybe this loss can serve as a wake-up call. Its only natural that after such a long win/unbeaten-streak there's is some complacency kreeping in. Now the players should realise they will have to go all out to get results.

Question17

also fans were pathethic during whole match, didnt hear a thing, like a fucking theatre

Thats what happens when you ban ultras and treat any fan group that wants to organize like criminals. Barcelona has for quite some time been known far having a terrible atmosphere , graveyard silence, and very timid fans(stadium fans).

By the way that Cruyff tribute at the beginning. None of that had anything to do with the fans. It wasn't a group of passionate fc barca supporters who got together spent some time and effort to make a display make it nice, creative, big, to honor a legend and show what the barca community do like they would at other clubs. No thinking like that is frowned upon . It was done because of an order from some executives who though it would be fitting, they planned it, paid for people who could care less about barca to create it, and screened it before a PR team to make sure its as plastic\dry as possible. Then the barca fans like assembly line drones with orders on the screen picked it up when they were told and sat on their asses when the screen said sit. The executives just nod their head at their well planned little color show and the stadium goes dead again.

mazp

Well, it started after this loss, most are predicting Atleti on Tues. Everyone thinks we peaked, and our now fatigued.. Too many games caught up to us, etc.. Will see.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
We stopped playing with 20 minutes to go or what? And what exactly was Alba and Alves doing? Ney was trying, Messi wasn't at his best - but when Suarez sucks he REALLY sucks! What more can I say, really disappointing :(

frog-fcb

Would you rather have lost tonight or against atletico in cl hopefully now we will have all the complacency out of our system. Maybe even give atletico a touch of false hope that they can get a result on tuesday which will result in them opening up a bit more

Alik

Had a good first 20 minutes to the match, and then a lethargic performance all the way until the end.

Really sad with the result mostly because:

1- that it sucks to lose to Real Madrid
2- Ronaldo scored the winner
3- the undefeated streak is broken

Although I am not too concerned about the league yet, nor about the effect on morale going forward. Might actually work in our favour going into the match vs Atletico.

I am worried about the fitness conditions of the squad though. Not sure if it had a significant impact and if it will keep on being a factor until the end of the season.

edit:

Also on the defense. I don't know why, but we started getting more and more relaxed, against their counters.

Whilst upfront, it was disappointing performance from MSN. The most frustrating bit, being the constant hesitance to take the darn shot. Didn't see the "killer instinct".

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
Something weird happened during the game by the way. A dutch celebrity Johnny de Mol appeared on camera sitting in the crowd. lol

Altomonte

Remember the loss to Real Sociedad in San Sebastian? Same reason for loss as today: Great to have top players from South America, but it does not help to have them travel and play tough emotional matches (as captains of their respective national teams) and then return to Barcelona tired and jet lagged.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
I knew mid 2nd half that we would loose, we just weren't trying to score at all at some point, players didn't want it and fatigue played a role, along a few subpar performances here and their.

The only thing I'm just slightly annoyed by is that RM was poor, we could have bagged 3 goals in the first half if we were playing in full force and clinical, but we didn't want it bad enough.

I still think they will get torn apart in UCL semis, and of course, this has zero effect on our LaLiga title, it's still very much ours to loose :)

F

Flavia

I knew mid 2nd half that we would loose, we just weren't trying to score at all at some point, players didn't want it and fatigue played a role, along a few subpar performances here and their.

The only thing I'm just slightly annoyed by is that RM was poor, we could have bagged 3 goals in the first half if we were playing in full force and clinical, but we didn't want it bad enough.

I still think they will get torn apart in UCL semis, and of course, this has zero effect on our LaLiga title, it's still very much ours to loose :)

I think they're strong contenders for the CL now. This match gave them the kind of confidence they needed, and steamrolling wolfsburg will give them even more.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
I think they're strong contenders for the CL now. This match gave them the kind of confidence they needed, and steamrolling wolfsburg will give them even more.

Sure, but confidence doesn't fix tactical issues, though in a way, I'm happy the illusion will live on, they're already saying "we're gonna win UCL!!" (Jesé) :rofl1:

This felt to me like the 2nd leg against Bayern in a way, we just didn't care enough.

When this will be a decisive game, my confidence about coming on top vs RM (or any other team for that matter) is untouched :)

F

Flavia

Sure, but confidence doesn't fix tactical issues, though in a way, I'm happy the illusion will live on, they're already saying "we're gonna win UCL!!" (Jesé) :rofl1:

This felt to me like the 2nd leg against Bayern in a way, we just didn't care enough.

When this will be a decisive game, my confidence about coming on top vs RM (or any other team for that matter) is untouched :)

We need to beat atletico first. I was worried before this clasico mainly because of the ucl match. I was expecting a bad game because of the fifa virus and tired legs, but I was hoping for a draw, not a loss. Really wasn't expecting Enrique to tinker with msn. Now rm got a morale boost, we have a far harder game in the cl, anoeta without suarez... Not to mention we're on already 52 matches played so far. That's a lot. In comparison, rm have played 40, 12 matches less. And atletico is on 45 matches. These last 2 months will be really hard.

neo_wolf

I think something like this will be good for us on tuesday and in the long run.
The players will come out hungry and with a fire up their asses, they won't want to lose 2 games in a row at the nou camp and against Madrid teams, this will wake them up, especially MSN.
If we end up winning the treble again, or atleast La Liga and UCL nobody will remember this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans