Lliga | Round 3: Atletico de Madrid - FC Barcelona 1-2

Galning

Perfect result. I think in hindsight we got lucky with getting Atlético this early because they didn't look sharp at all to me.

Perfect result. I think in hindsight we got lucky with getting Atlético this early because they didn't look sharp at all to me.

I think they had their usual defensive prowess but they just seemed a little toothless in attack, idk maybe greizman isnt up to form yet or maybe Busquets was just really on his game.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

They've looked good in their first two games. We dominated them in every aspect yesterday, even before Leo was brought on.

I don't wanna get too arrogant and say it was just because we're clearly the better team but its hard not to say that after watching the game, i'll wait for the classico and see how we play there.

xXKonan

Atletico was really good vs Sevilla where they won 3-0. Their midfield got exposed yesterday and couldn't cope with Busi and Iniesta.Koke hasn't been playing very well since his injury from last season Tiago and Gabi are aging and Oliver was their only bright spot but even then he struggled.

For Simeone it's time to start phasing out Gabi and Tiago, and Scrap the Flat 4 in the Midfield ( Having Two DMs in the center while having two CMs pushed out wide on the wings).

klc123

Was wondering how long I would have to look before finding the obligatory barca forum "we got lucky" post.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Was wondering how long I would have to look before finding the obligatory barca forum "we got lucky" post.
To say we got lucky in this match" is different to "We got lucky by getting such a tough opponent when the schedule was comparatively tougher and got away with a good result even though the conditions were not favorable!"

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
"Barcelona scored 6 of the 9 goals Atletico have this year conceded in their Vicente Calderon stadium". :)

vlad

or maybe atletico got lucky geting barcelona this early, right after international break, without messi, pique and alves, playing at home?

Home of Barca Fans