Lliga | Round 3: Atletico de Madrid - FC Barcelona 1-2

Egert

Estonian Culé
Ray highlights anyone? Can't find any BeIN stream lately and after IeraHDTV can't upload any La Liga vids to youtube it feels like there is no Ray :cry:

xXKonan

Atletico's Midfield was marked really easily out of the game Koke,Gabi,Tiago were awful. Arda was a big key for them and you could tell they were missing him today.

Kikan

smart move by Lucho keeping messi until the thugs get tired . I had no doubt that we will win and for those who criticize Suarez for diving , i will say that if every barca player played with such passion we will never ever lose . I admit i do not like suarez style of play , but it is precisely what we need .

The only negative : Ter Tegen Timing is off .

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Luis Enrique:

"I liked our play throughout the game. "We both wanted to win, but we were very good from the start, very consistent and very focused. We dominated both phases of the game and turned the tables when things looked grim."

"It's great for you when you can keep a team like Atlético from creating chances ... We had a huge game. We have a tough schedule and it's very important to beat a direct rival. But we still have a lot to do."

"Messi is key for us and we have to take care of him."

"We knew he had been travelling we wanted to reserve him for later in the game. We have a deep squad and that's important."

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Diego Simeone:

"I think Barcelona dominated every area of the game, whether defending or in possession. We didn't play a good game."

"We started the second half well, but the quick equaliser put us off our stride again. Our idea was to try and pressure higher up the pitch, but Barcelona absolutely dominated the game."

"They are a team that put a lot of pressure on you in attack and if you can't counter that with attacks of your own it makes it very difficult."

"The way we started the second half was what we were trying to achieve but they equalised quickly and we lost control of the game."

"Messi was decisive when he was on the pitch. He's used to deciding matches and he did so again."

raskolnikov

Im surprised at how easy it was, 2 years ago we could not beat Atletico and now we cant stop winning. Really got their number like they have with Real.

give the circumstances it should have been very tough but it wasnt at all, even with Lahoz fucking up.

Really great start of the season, we could have had 1/9 with some bad luck due to everything but we bossed it and are at 9/9, racking up those championship points.

Devils

9 points from those first 3 matches is a godsend.

Absolute clutch performance today from the team.

Catalan Fan

Luis Enrique:

"I liked our play throughout the game. "We both wanted to win, but we were very good from the start, very consistent and very focused. We dominated both phases of the game and turned the tables when things looked grim."

"It's great for you when you can keep a team like Atlético from creating chances ... We had a huge game. We have a tough schedule and it's very important to beat a direct rival. But we still have a lot to do."

"Messi is key for us and we have to take care of him."

"We knew he had been travelling we wanted to reserve him for later in the game. We have a deep squad and that's important."

He had me until that last sentence..... :rolleyes:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Haha, that surprised me too. Truth be told, Lucho just goes through the phrases most of the time (his pressers are borefests) so he slips every now and then.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Great performance, huge win.

I am not sure who was at fault for the goal. Bad positioning by the CBs or Jordi too late for the offside trap. That is the reason I did not put the little chipmunk into MotM top 3.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Im surprised at how easy it was, 2 years ago we could not beat Atletico and now we cant stop winning. Really got their number like they have with Real.

give the circumstances it should have been very tough but it wasnt at all, even with Lahoz fucking up.

Really great start of the season, we could have had 1/9 with some bad luck due to everything but we bossed it and are at 9/9, racking up those championship points.

It was easy despite how tight things appeared for stretches, as Simeone correctly pointed out they were dominated in every facet of the game - not something we used to consistently witness at the Calderon...There are two interesting stories on the night, for me.

One, Barcelona - they were really enjoyable to watch sans Leo...I am still in disbelief at how well Rafinha & Roberto played - was Rafinha buoyed by his Brasilian performance & callup or has he really turned a corner in his development?...There were moments where he was able to dribble into that final third and create space & opportunities when they weren't readily apparent, I had to double check who the player was...Loved it

Two, Atletico - what has happened to them?...Is it all down to not having a physical CF who can occupy the central defenders and open up the channels or get in behind the defense or the disappearance of Koke altogether?...Simeone has to be worried despite having some sumptuous young talent at his disposal because it's looking like a transition year for them rather than a true challenge for trophies

Respect to Lucho who had the team perform at an exceptional level, after the I-break, at the Calderon, with a tough schedule to start the season, sans Leo and without a few key players...Even when it was 0-1, I comfortably felt it was the best performance we've seen from the team thus far to start the new season

Home of Barca Fans