Lliga | Round 26: Real Madrid - FC Barcelona 2-0

BBZ8800

We are one point behind them but if you look at the schedule, we have more hard games on paper than them and we struggle more at away games than them.

Of course I am not saying they won't drop points, but they have the upper hand right now with one point ahead and an easier schedule left.

Setien's team played 5 away matches against 1st division teams:

Valencia 2:0
Bilbao 1:0
Betis 2:3
Napoli 1:1
Real 2:0

We won 1 match out of our 5 away matches.

A few additional things to consider:
1. Our team is already old and we will be older, slower and more tired each new Month
2. Messi plays without a rest. We can expect his usual bad form in spring very soon and him being burried to the ground.
3. Busi plays all the time.
We should expect a huge drop in his stamina and performances soon
4. Add a mental factor. This is a team without leaders and with only 2-3 warriors.

If things will start to get bad, we should expect a lot of walking, sulking and passing to Messi 90% of time.
Yet, Messi will be dead tired soon, walking, sulking and in a bad shooting form.

This is not even attack on Setien.
It's just what it is.

I have been saying for 1-2 years that bar Messi, this is the worst squad since Gaspart's 2000-2003 days.

Yet, that team at least had young hopes for the future in Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, Valdes, Motta.

Our youngest players on a field yesterday were Frenkie, Arthur and Semedo.
A trio which together can't make more than one decent forward pass over 90 minutes.
Plus grandpa Umtiti.

Anyway:
1. Our team is as bad as in 2002
2. And a future looks way worse than then, due to:
1. Barto
2. Abidal
3. No La Masia
4. Long, expensive contracts for Amigos
5. Too many horrible transfers like Dembele, Cou, Griezz

We are and we will be so bad in upcoming years that currently I am not surprised when we lose.
I am actually surprised when we win and offer a great performance here and there.

If we will reach CL quarters, we will be dead soon:
La liga matches on Saturday.
And 3 CL matches on Wednesdays in one Month.

And what is worse: this is 2020, we will have Euros, a season will end in May, which means a tight schedule.
A tight schedule is not good if you have an old and small squad.

BBZ8800

The positive thing of this situation is that we can not play any worst. We have hit the bottom.

This is nowhere near the bottom.

1. Messi could get injured
2. A team could get fatigued and performing way worse soon
3. There is a lot of room for declining in our mental state (low confidence, low morale)
4. Plus, wait until media starts to attack Barto, Abidal, a coach and some players.
Then the scandals and internal fights will start.

So, this is nowhere near the rock bottom.
There is a lot of room below us to sink way deeper.

cro-man

Too slow and predictable. Even this bad madrid side is much better than we. They just lack end prodcut but we lack everything.

SG-7

Setien's team played 5 away matches against 1st division teams:

Valencia 2:0
Bilbao 1:0
Betis 2:3
Napoli 1:1
Real 2:0

We won 1 match out of our 5 away matches.

A few additional things to consider:
1. Our team is already old and we will be older, slower and more tired each new Month
2. Messi plays without a rest. We can expect his usual bad form in spring very soon and him being buried to the ground.
3. Busi plays all the time.
We should expect a huge drop in his stamina and performances soon
4. Add a mental factor. This is a team without leaders and with only 2-3 warriors.

If things will start to get bad, we should expect a lot of walking, sulking and passing to Messi 90% of time.
Yet, Messi will be dead tired soon, walking, sulking and in a bad shooting form.

This is actually spot on. But it goes down to the Boards pathetic signings and planning doesn't it? They had the chance to sign a striker or players in January window, yet they sat on their asses and waited for La Liga to bail em out.

And factor in Setio's high fitness training sessions and no wonder its a walking dead team during 2nd halfs.

Asylum15

Pretty depressing and entirely predictable stuff.

Was last night the Clasico that had the worst Real/Barca in years? I'd argue for it. I kept thinking last night, ''jesus, Liverpool would absolutely eat both these teams.''

Incredibly, we had chances and could have won the game. They squeezed our build up game in the 2nd half and as we saw 100 times under Valverde, the key players started to crumble, Busquets, Umtiti, Alba especially. Arthur/Frankie couldn't handle the high press either and Ter Stegen's short passing was putting us under even more pressure.

Really worrying how gassed Messi was as-well in the 2nd half. If this is a sign of things to come, we can expect his Spring burnout and lacklustre displays to arrive just in time for the key part of the season. I was annoyed how easy he left players bypass him if I'm honest. Yet, without him, we are even more average. It's a pretty horrible scenario but it is where we are.

This is one of the key crossroads in our history and we've already made a complete shambles of it so far. I'm flying over next week to see the Sociedad game, it's a pity I'll be watching one of the worst Barca's in the last decade.

Devils

I woke up today and realized one thing: FC Barcelona is finished and we have completely fallen out of the top 5 teams in Europe and in the next few years we will be out of the top 10 teams in Europe as well.

Incredible turn of events.

Andresito

Staff member
Wasn't there another season where Madrid were shit, beat us, got an upswing, and then went on to win the CL and/or the league?

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Don’t really care anymore at this point if Napoli were to eliminate us from the CL early. Imagine these sleepwalking fucks playing away to Liverpool, PSG, Bayern, Juve, Dortmund etc.
I mean, nobody would be surprised if we got trashed and made the laughing stock of Europe for the third consecutive season, but it would be nice to go out in a less embarrassing fashion.

Devils

Napoli winning 2-1 at Camp Nou and sending us home wouldn't be the worst thing.

I'd rather that than get eviscerated by Bayern/Liverpool/City/Dortmund in the next round.

I just cannot take another 3 or 4 goal mauling in this competition for the third straight year, dawg.

Sheesh!

FinBarcelonafan

I woke up today and realized one thing: FC Barcelona is finished and we have completely fallen out of the top 5 teams in Europe and in the next few years we will be out of the top 10 teams in Europe as well.

Incredible turn of events.

Reaching the semi-final of CL was terrible for this team, long-term. Now we believe we can win again with this team with a bit of luck, instead of facing the reality.

Shit.

Andrew M

Napoli winning 2-1 at Camp Nou and sending us home wouldn't be the worst thing.

I'd rather that than get eviscerated by Bayern/Liverpool/City/Dortmund in the next round.

I just cannot take another 3 or 4 goal mauling in this competition for the third straight year, dawg.

Sheesh!

We might get Atalanta in the next round, though :D

LABarcaFan

This is nowhere near the bottom.

1. Messi could get injured
2. A team could get fatigued and performing way worse soon
3. There is a lot of room for declining in our mental state (low confidence, low morale)
4. Plus, wait until media starts to attack Barto, Abidal, a coach and some players.
Then the scandals and internal fights will start.

So, this is nowhere near the rock bottom.
There is a lot of room below us to sink way deeper.

Well. You may be right, but I don't even want to think about the points you have mentioned. That is too scary. I am trying to stay positive as much I can and hopefully, soon, we can get out of the hole.

Home of Barca Fans