Lliga | Round 25: FC Barcelona - SD Eibar 5-0

terryzinc

Messi is playing injured that is why he has not be scoring as much but today he was a LITTLE better look what happened.

Maybe Setien knows what he is doing Braithwaite looked good. The Board wanted Angel not Braithwaite.

Firpo brought in by the Board is a complete failure. Greizmann brought in by the board is a complete failure. Greizman is Couthino level bad he has no scoring touch unless it's a gimme.

The Board never learned from Liverpool we need athletic fast players.
They need to sell Greizmann Coutinho Dembele (injury prone) plus the other oldsters Busi Raki Pique etc this offseason.

Neymar would be a perfect fit they need a real replacement for Suarez guy like Werner.

You need pace in today's game you cannot have a team full of slow players.

Vidal is always underrated. He is playing AMF now ffs maybe bring in a real AMF in the offseason - KDB?

Last edited:

blueandclaret

This is still better than Valverde. At least we are creating more scoring chances. We won’t win CL with our defense anyways, but at least I feel better about winning La Liga.

gregorrin10

Messi is playing injured that is why he has not be scoring as much but today he was a LITTLE better look what happened.

Maybe Setien knows what he is doing Braithwaite looked good. The Board wanted Angel not Braithwaite.

Firpo brought in by the Board is a complete failure. Greizmann brought in by the board is a complete failure. Greizman is Couthino level bad he has no scoring touch unless it's a gimme.

The Board never learned from Liverpool we need athletic fast players.
They need to sell Greizmann Coutinho Dembele (injury prone) plus the other oldsters Busi Raki Pique etc this offseason.

Neymar would be a perfect fit they need a real replacement for Suarez guy like Werner.

You need pace in today's game you cannot have a team full of slow players.

Vidal is always underrated. He is playing AMF now ffs maybe bring in a real AMF in the offseason - KDB?

Hint. Maybe we should let the the manager actually manage his team, transfers wise too. You know, like they do it at all the other clubs.:p But to be fair, with control freak Bartomeu this isn't possible, so for me the only thing, that needs to happen this summer, are elections. And get in a Board who is actually willing to give Setien time, cause honestly I feel like he's the better option for now than Xavi, who I'd still like to see return as soon as the new Board is in, either as the B team coach for the first two years, and then gradually becoming a part of Setien's team, or even better, becoming one of Setien's assistants right away. I say one of, because clearly Setien already has a team he trusts in place, but I do feel like he'd benefit a lot from an inside man like Xavi who knows the club inside out, to help him navigate the pressure and help with team/transfer selection as well, since Setien and Xavi clearly see eye to eye in terms of footballing style and thus the players they want to see in the team.

I see some people bashing Setien a little for kinda ditching Puig, but I don't blame Setien at all. He showed in his first game here, what he'd like and would do, if he had the freedom to do it, but I strongly suspect orders from above came right away, and Setien, being on the job for just a few days, clearly didn't want to jeopardize it by going against the Board in his first month on the job. Cause Bartomeu doesn't care about La Masia, that's crystal clear by now. He only wants the most marketable, international (older) players to play. I guarantee you if we somehow force the elections this summer and get this poisonous Board out, Setien's first order of business will be kicking Rakitić out and promoting Puig into the first team instead.

As for your other suggestions, I like it. I like it a lot. Pretty much every player brought in by Bartomeu bar FDJ, and partly Arthur (even though Ter Stegen did come under Bartomeu, Zubi was the one who brought him, so I don't count MATS here) has been a massive disappointment for us. We should really sell Griezmann, Coutinho and possibly Dembele too and we could get some serious money for that (while Busi, Raki, Pique won't fetch a significant amount anyway, if they are hopefully sold, but unlikely, at least not Busi and Pique). And I'm positive we could even try and get KDB as our marque signing with that kind of money available plus the annual transfer budget. Getting KDB would cost a LOT, so it would make sense to pick the cheaper (but for me certainly not worse) option for attack in Werner. Then all that remains, is to get one solid young CB for a bargain (Upamecano for 60M? if he's not as injury prone as Umtiti, which I suspect he might be, his knees really aren't good) and get Todibo back of course and thus get the 2nd CB 'signing' for free, cause we desperately need two new faces there no matter what happens with Pique and Umtiti. I'd actually leave the RB and LB positions alone, I'd give Firpo another chance because of Setien alone, I really think he can get the boy playing like he did for Betis, hopefully, while Alba, even though I want him out, cause I simply don't like his attitude and he's part of the Amigos problem, but in terms of playing I guess he still has a good year or two, and in combination with us needing money for other positions a lot more this summer, I'd keep Alba for now. Same that goes for Firpo, goes for Semedo, I wanna see him become a bona-fide starter under Setien before giving up and moving on from him. Roberto can stay the backup, or if Wague comes back. And Alena can come back to become the second CM 'signing' for free.

Last edited:

Messi983

Except the squad wasn't so short under EV. If we'd have Malcom, Alena, Todibo and others on the bench and they wouldn't play, sure.

I was thinking mainly about the midfield oldies. Why start Busi, Raki and Vidal together with Arthur? Sure, FDJ gettting some rest was a good decision and result also allowed us to rest Busi in 2nd half but Arthur played full 90 minutes (with his fitness issues in the past can he do the same on a high level also in the next two more important games or will he "die" again in 2nd half of those games?) and so did Vidal (who will probably not start but should still have important role against both Napoli and RM coming off the bench).

Why not go with a midfield Raki, Arthur, Vidal and Braithwaite upfront instead? If something would go wrong FDJ and/or Busi could come on in 2nd half. If the result would go the same way it did we could sub one of them for Arthur or even use Roberto in midfield (speaking about him I've also expected him to start today ahead of Semedo unless Setien plans to use him as a RB against Napoli/RM which would probably be a mistake). Also, I understand Setien wanted to give some minutes off to Pique but why risk playing with Umtiti and Lenglet at the same time who are both one YC away from a suspension especially at the times when Eibar was pretty dangerous. What if they both would see a yellow today? Would we play Araujo in El Classico or Busi as a CB?

But luckily Messi has decided to be clinical and we also didn't fall apart in 2nd half like in previous games besides some 10-15 poor minutes so everything went well.

Messi983

Hint. Maybe we should let the the manager actually manage his team, transfers wise too. You know, like they do it at all the other clubs.:p

Yeah, because it always worked out so well when we let Pep (Ibra, Chygrinsky), Tito (Song) and Lucho (Arda) decide about transfers. EV was actually the only coach who didn't get any player he asked for and we'd probably be better off having Willian (who he liked) instead of Malcom and even Parejo would be an improvement over our midfielders in the last two years. F. Llorente (whom I suspect he'd liked) would also be a better short-term fix/backup to Suarez last season than KPB.

eaman

Very average performance other than the goals but they were almost all messi goals. Really need to pick up the pace by tuesday or it could be embarrassing.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Very average performance other than the goals but they were almost all messi goals. Really need to pick up the pace by tuesday or it could be embarrassing.

This is just dumb. Messi has a shitton of chances in every game, and he finally started to convert them. The system is getting the best out of him.

eaman

This is just dumb. Messi has a shitton of chances in every game, and he finally started to convert them. The system is getting the best out of him.

Ya your right for most other games but I'm just talking about this one. Such a sloppy game from the team all over the pitch. If messi wasnt on form in the final third it might have been an embarrassment. His first two goals were mostly his own doing

LeeRomeno

So now its Messi getting best out of system instead of Messi saving the coach as always? Whats the difference really? First 2 goals were imho exactly those goals Messi delivered based on pure individual excellence and result of opponent dangerous mistakes.

JohnN

So now its Messi getting best out of system instead of Messi saving the coach as always? Whats the difference really? First 2 goals were imho exactly those goals Messi delivered based on pure individual excellence and result of opponent dangerous mistakes.

Because most people have a bias against EV, due to him being an incompetent muppet.

serghei

First goal, yes, 2nd goal no, 3rd goal was luck, 4th goal no. He scored 1 goal thanks to his genius, 2 goals thanks to receiving good service and finishing well, and 1 goal thanks to luck.

Home of Barca Fans