Lliga | Round 23: Levante - FC Barcelona 0-2

jairzinho

It probably wasnt the best performance, but traditionally, its victories like these and the one again against Malaga that help us win the league.

serghei

We should still aim to be better in away games in general. Our form in these games has been subpar, and going on like this will result in us losing some points eventually. I'm already worried about the game vs Gijon.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
We should still aim to be better in away games in general. Our form in these games has been subpar, and going on like this will result in us losing some points eventually. I'm already worried about the game vs Gijon.

Las Palmas got me even more worried than than the Gijon game. Really long travel and early kick-off time.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
7 away games coming our way in the next 30 days .. if this is gonna be our level, points will be dropped for sure.

Horatio

You're welcome
7 away games coming our way in the next 30 days .. if this is gonna be our level, points will be dropped for sure.

I am not worried. I think a lot of factors contributed to our poor performance.

1. Time of day
2. Wind. This messed up a lot of pace in our game, ball took longer to arrive at players or went wide. Also Barca players don't close in on one another as much as other teams to perform a pass. A lot of distance is covered by the ball from up to 2/3 of the pitch. For a team that relies on accurate passing and crosses so much and execute them a lot because they know they are normally that good at it, wind could have played a significant role in our game.
3. Bus was parked and didn't move after Levante was already behind.

Simply put, I see some times out of the 7 that are coming willing to play more football than Levante. And if that happens Barca will win.

Interesting tidbit:
Real only managed to beat them 3-0 at Bernabeu!
Atletico only managed to beat them 1-0 at Calderon.

So I guess Levante's weakness is not their capability of defending but rather scoring enough goals.

Last edited:

Darko

We've already won La Liga, I wouldn't be bothered either if I was on the team. Lucho can't keep saying "it's not over till the fat lady sings" every week.

barcanuck

We've already won La Liga, I wouldn't be bothered either if I was on the team. Lucho can't keep saying "it's not over till the fat lady sings" every week.

Nothing is won yet. We still have the classico among other potential banana peels. Still 48 pts up for grabs.

Home of Barca Fans